Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I'm not a freelancer or even a good coder but from other experience, good ideas are a dime a dozen. Its the execution that counts and it sounds like this guy is going to make that a pain in the rear end. Especially if he has nothing started and no idea of how he wants to get anything done.

Very newbie question: I am designing a blog in django as my first project. For static pages like "about me" do you put the content of the page directly into the HTML file? Or do you put it in the database and retrieve using a model? All my blog posts pull content from the backend using a model but this doesn't make sense to me considering I will only have one about page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
You can click that link and see which commits you're ahead/behind by. If you merge your front end branch into main then main will receive the commit you're talking about.

Edit* you can also merge main into your frontend branch and you should be able to get those missing commits if you really wanted to.

Edit again* youre committing some merge conflicts that you haven't resolved yet. I'd read up on git a bit more because it sounds like you're confused about what a commit really is. If you're studying to be a dev then you'll have to learn about it on your first week of work and figuring it out now will save you the embarrassment

a dingus fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 4, 2024