Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
So I'm using Bourbon Neat, and everything is going great, except for one thing. So I've got a container class, and that has the "@include outer-container" in it and everything. The issue is that I want to make a div at the top of the page that just fills the whole screen, so I have this class:

code:
div.top {
  display: block;
  background-color: #F0F0F0;
  height: 250px;
}
and then in the html, I have, outside the container div a div with that class, yet it won't fill up the edges of the screen. It's like it's still obeying the grid, even though it's outside of the container class. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

Oh My Science posted:

Two possibilities.

1. Are you using a CSS reset or normalize? If not the default padding and margin settings may be messing with your design.

2. Check out http://neat.bourbon.io/examples/ and inspect the first example. You will notice a div with the class 'zero' which, I think, does exactly what you want.

Unless you can provide more code it's hard to be more specific.

Adding normalize.css fixed it right up. I was banging my head against the wall for a while there, so many thanks my duder.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

So I spent this last weekend being sad I don't have a blog, so in true hacker fashion I built a simple medium-like blogging system with Meteor, called Sagacity (here's an example post). I'm really bad at design, so I tried to keep this one minimal. There's also still some bugs in the editor that are totally not my fault and are medium.js's fault (and it's a pain in the rear end to get working) so be aware of that if you were thinking about using it in a project.

All in all, I know it's hacky as poo poo but I still think it's neat, and not bad for like 4 days of work. Meteor is the best yo.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

pipes! posted:

line-height: 1.25; please and thank you.

Oh, wow thanks. I'd like to say I would have figured it out eventually but...no, thanks for pointing it out (I did use 1.4 though, it looked nicer to me). Should be deployed any minute.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

Chenghiz posted:

I tried it for a day last week and it crashed on me three times. I want to like it but sublime is just faster, more stable, and has a better package community right now.

It will probably win out in the end just because of the sheer brand power github has. There's a reason they can just get away with cloning the entire interface of sublime and nobody really cares. Their vim mode is terrible though, so I'm sticking with vim.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

Sereri posted:

Is there a good Pull-to-refresh library that I can use at the bottom of the page of my webapp?

None of the (good) native implementations see pulling from the bottom as a use case, so I thought maybe between the thousands of JS libs there would be one I could use.

I think you might have to write your own here, but on the upside if you make it into a library that's totally something I would use.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

shodanjr_gr posted:

I got a bit of a web-app noob developer question. Is there some tool that, given a schema description, will spit out server code boilerplate (in Node or w.e.) for quering that schema over a RESTful API?

Sails pretty much does this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Anyone here ever go to a code bootcamp, or hire/have experience working with someone who did? I'm curious how it all worked out.

I've been a coder my whole life and went to startup institute boston to learn some of the soft skills and polish up my code skills and I would recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone interested in breaking into the typical startup web / RoR scene.