Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

I might challenge this assertion, I think the last study I read said something like the average user spends 20% of their time reading and the rest on social media, shopping, banking, etc. So the majority use case for the web might really be shifted to web applications and I think this trend will continue to grow.

The only problem I have with this take is that most of these applications are delivering documents. Products can be microformatted (and it’s beneficial to do so). Tweets are small articles. Medium is articles. Just because we’re in Web 2.0 or whatever where every social function has been carved up into application fiefdoms, hasn’t changed the document nature of the web, merely altered the containers they’re in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Skandranon posted:

Pretty sure Facebook was all just a big scam to look at girls pictures.

Its origin story is pretty much college sleaze ‘rating’ women.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

The Dave posted:

My company did an audit of Semantic UI and we decided not to recommend it because it left stuff to be desired on the accessibility side of things.

That’s pretty lol considering its name.