Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Khelmar posted:

That was it - I had a plugin blocking requests to FB. Thanks, that was driving me crazy!

Generally recommendation is if something isn't working check with the browsers Private mode, or an alternative browsers private mode. Unless you've gone out of your way, addons/etc won't be loaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Fists Up posted:

That answered a bunch of my questions so thanks. I just thought AWS was fairly ubiquitous in the industry so was the default. Didn't realise Shopify could host other pages too.

If for some reason you really need to go down the route of having the website and store front disconnected, putting it on a subdomain (store.abcxyz.com) would probably be a lot easier path. But with what everyone else said, just use shopify since you're already there. It will make your life easier to only have a single point of entry to manage it.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

a dingus posted:

Edit again* youre committing some merge conflicts that you haven't resolved yet. I'd read up on git a bit more because it sounds like you're confused about what a commit really is. If you're studying to be a dev then you'll have to learn about it on your first week of work and figuring it out now will save you the embarrassment

davey4283 posted:

Oh man, that was a doozy. I had chatgpt tutor me on commits and pull requests, then he helped me figure out how to fix all the merge conflicts and the whole process took about 3 hours. I learned a lot about git but I'm gonna try really hard to never have to do that again, I tell you what

I would strongly echo learning more about what GIT Is and what it does, so that you have a better understanding how to use it. Those pratices should transfer okay to other version controls, even if they're not really 1:1. It also makes me happy I don't have to do with CVS or Subversion anymore.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Ytlaya posted:

We have a (POST) form with target="_blank" on our website to get the results to open in a new window/tab, but apparently this doesn't work in the Orion web browser (it does work in other major browsers). It seemingly just submits the form with no inputs. Are there any alternatives to this (or possibly a setting in the Orion browser that could cause it)?

My boss is insistent that the "open in a new tab/window by default" behavior remain, and understandably so. It's an analysis website, and the page in question is one where you can run a variety of analysis tools on editable data, so users don't want to have to keep hitting back, or manually telling it to open in a new tab.

The only possibly explanation for this I could find was something related to "XHTML Strict" not allowing target="_blank" but I don't know if that's the actual reason.

Have you tried filing a bug report? I dont see anything on their tracker. But, how are you serving the page itself? Are you serving it with a strict doc-type? I'd question who is using this browser by any % of your userbase that you should be spending time on solving this problem.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

CarForumPoster posted:

Throw up an error message if the user agent is the orion browser telling them to use a different browser. Orions market share is what? 0.01%?
There are a number of 0's missing from their share %. https://radar.cloudflare.com/reports/browser-market-share-2023-q2

Valvaldi is 0.001 and I've heard of them, and they're not limited to a specific OS.

I wholeheartedly agree with your statement. Why are you fixing this obscure browser, unless some significant % of your userbase is actively using it?