Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Yeah, I didn't know you couldn't use transforms on elements that display inline. Changing to inline-block fixes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I want an effect where I have a list and its items are ticked or crossed off with an animation in sequential order. I could have a bunch of nth child rules with different delays but I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a better solution.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

an skeleton posted:

Earlier I sounded off about partnering with a design-oriented friend of mine on starting a small web design business. I was wondering what would be suggested as far as a suite of tutorials for learning CSS and HTML for my friend?
Should I just point him at w3schools, or some series of video tutorials, or what? Any suggestions that I can throw in a google doc and give to him?

Could look at lynda.com

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Looks like it's centered relative to the document (whole page), not the viewport (what you can see).