Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So I have a Django powered website, with its set of Users. I am thinking of letting users of my site connect/authenticate their Github account on their account on my site. And then I would like to pull information from their Github account once the authentication is, permanently, in place.

How easy would this be to do? I don't need specifics just now just thinking of high level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Maluco Marinero posted:

Googling, I'd say have a look at django-social-auth and see how much all this makes sense to you, it has a github back end and I imagine you explore the github API more depending on what it is you need to pull.

http://django-social-auth.readthedocs.org/en/latest/configuration.html

I did see this, but my thought was it would only work like...it would enable people to create new accounts on my site using their github creds, but not link their current accounts with their github. Maybe I need to look more closely though