Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can somebody recommend a "just enough design for developers" sort of book/site/whatever? I've checked out hackdesign, but it's more an aggregration of design-related blogs and articles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone recommend a good mobile UI framework? As in, something better/faster/smaller than jQuery-mobile?

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Oh My Science posted:

If you do not require the native app look & feel try bootstrap / gumby / foundation.

Are there any specific features you want?

I was thinking something meant more as a full on framework for building web and hybrid app UIs, rather than just CSS. So, layouts, some basic widgets, device awareness, etc. Sencha Touch looks interesting, but I hear it's got similar performance problems.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DreadCthulhu posted:

Is it really CORS to make a call from foo.example.com to bar.example.com? For some reason I always assumed that sharing second level domains would guarantee it's wouldn't be cross origin.

Yes, foo.site.com is a different domain from bar.site.com. DNS is hierarchical and doesn't distinguish in any fundamental way between the second subdomain and the fiftieth, It's just that all the subdomains of site.com are usually in the same DNS zones.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RobertKerans posted:

It's pretty good, been testing it out all day; first impression is that it's really similar to Sublime, has most of the features I use with that, the Git highlighting stuff is really nice and immediately useful. Minor thing, but the default font size is ridiculous and gives an immediate bad impression despite how easy it is to fix.

If you've got any spare invites lying around I could take one off your hands maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

an skeleton posted:

edit: This problem is now solved, but what if I want to send back a response and then redirect the user to a different view? My impression right now is that I can only do one or the other at a time but obviously that has to be wrong.

Nope. HTTP is request driven, the call to .redirect() sets response headers and sends it back to the client, you can't then send another response. There are ways to get the sort of effect you're looking for, connect-flash is one middleware.