Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
What's the best HTML+CSS -> PDF engine?

I've used Puppeteer, and Print-CSS.rocks lists a bunch of other engines. Some I recognise like PrinceXML (which I think is based on Opera, pre-Chrome) but there's also PagedJS and :confused:

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
the company I work for is making a form builder and it supports likert scales, calculations, but we're not launching it for a few months

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
The new ReactJS site has much better examples https://beta.reactjs.org/

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
Just obey robots.txt and 'meta robots noindex' and you'll be fine.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Ytlaya posted:

We have a (POST) form with target="_blank" on our website to get the results to open in a new window/tab, but apparently this doesn't work in the Orion web browser (it does work in other major browsers). It seemingly just submits the form with no inputs. Are there any alternatives to this (or possibly a setting in the Orion browser that could cause it)?

My boss is insistent that the "open in a new tab/window by default" behavior remain, and understandably so. It's an analysis website, and the page in question is one where you can run a variety of analysis tools on editable data, so users don't want to have to keep hitting back, or manually telling it to open in a new tab.

The only possibly explanation for this I could find was something related to "XHTML Strict" not allowing target="_blank" but I don't know if that's the actual reason.

sounds like an overzealous popup blocker (ad blocker). Orion have some docs about configuring their ad blocker. Maybe you could detect Orion and tell users how to fix it.

i really wouldn't want to support more than that, but if you must then I guess you could try a JS equivalent onsubmit= ... window.open(...); or if your postdata can be serialized as url params use a GET instead; or the hackiest thing I can think of is changing the submit button to be a link styled like a button whose href is dynamically updated with your form data so that the user just clicks on a link with target=_blank which ad blockers usually don't have a problem with

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 19, 2024