Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

prom candy posted:

So if you don't have a windows computer you can't get unemployment? Tight.

Yeah it's great.

I can't remember which article it was but it was one of the recent spate of articles detailing how the recent unemployment rush is being dealt with by different states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Jimlit posted:

Is in the same states that can't find cobol engineers to work on their servers?

I believe it was some southern states, but I can't find the frickin article now.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I'm a freelancer who does the sort of work you're talking about (except I don't do PHP), and I don't know where people find developers to help them other than Ye Olde Networking.

Over the past, say, 5 years 100% of my work has come from people I know IRL or on the internet (including a couple from this very forum).

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

go play outside Skyler posted:

I don't get the point with deno. NPM is so bad because you just install random packages from Git, so let's make it so that every package is just included by inserting some url directly in the source file? What makes the deno servers more secure than say some other random persons github repository?

Wait, are you saying you think NPM installs from or with git?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

go play outside Skyler posted:

I meant GitHub, but yeah, I'm pretty sure a majority of npm packages pull directly from github

E: to be precise, I believe npm publish just points npm to a specific commit on a public github repo when they are hosted there

Well, I mean...all code comes from somewhere. Sometimes it comes from github sometimes it comes from your system, but when you npm install it's coming directly from npm's servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

You do that with CSS media queries.