Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!
Looking for any direction with creating what I think is a simple CRUD app. Tons of these exist in various languages but I'm having a hard time locating or figuring out the easiest way to also include a designer in it. Something very similar to Zoho Creator: https://www.zoho.com/creator/ is the goal. I'm going to deploy this to a person that has zero database/coding ability so they need to be able to update it on their own.

Edit: something like https://www.knackhq.com/features/ is also very similar to what I'm after minus that $40/m price tag.

Any thoughts?

poxin fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Edit: Nevermind :)

poxin fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 3, 2015

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

After reading the last page of this I decided to give Django a shot too. Going through the Django tutorial app now and after seeing the admin site, wow, blown away by that. I've had a brief understanding of PHP from when I was younger and decided to pick up Laravel in the last months. Really considering making a switch over to this because basically it's not PHP.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Scaramouche posted:

... meaning it doesn't matter if you Laravel (lol) or Cake or Symfony or Ruby or what have you feeding into them.

Curious of those PHP frameworks why Laravel got an (lol)?

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Does anyone have a recommendation for a way to output a log file in real-time to the browser? Something similar to running 'tail -f' in linux.

I'm running php (laravel) and js (vue) for this project. I attempted to use Symfony's Process component, which worked, but for long running tasks it required a very high timeout. I would guess a JS solution would be better with some sort of socket?