Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heap
Jan 27, 2004

RangerKarl posted:

Hey guys, just wondering how screwed a job could potentially be if they're explicityly asking for Angular 11 in their job description? I'm mostly familiar with C#, .NET and working in Docker so I have no issues with their back end but they have an Angular front end in some capacity. The last time I worked close to the stuff was back in 2017 so I am totally out of the loop.

What sort of caveats would I need to consider coming from someone more familiar with Razor pages and ASP.NET Core style MVC?
Honestly, asking specifically for Angular 11 is a bit of a red flag to me. I can think of two reasons an Angular app would be that many versions behind:
Both of the above are red flags, so if you're serious about this job, ask about their plans to update their Angular version.

Aside from that, the past few Angular versions brought some major positive changes that you'd be missing out on (like standalone components).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU