Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugbee
Mar 1, 2004
hi c-fut
What's a good way to write out a software spec for a webapp? I've written out the relevant parts out of IEEE830 but there's probably a better way to do it. I'm going to outsource some coding locally and would like something easily understandable to show potential contractors. Should I just write out url routes and describe what they are supposed to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugbee
Mar 1, 2004
hi c-fut
This is a bit off topic but does anyone have any recommended readings on how to properly configure, deploy and tune web servers/databases? I've developed an intranet based web application that has to be deployed on site in many different locations but I only have coding experience. I have the freedom to install it on any hardware I see fit.

blugbee
Mar 1, 2004
hi c-fut
What is the current state of "serverless" nowadays? I'm looking to start up a web project with your standard
free and paid subscription tier model, so it will have user registration, authentication with JWT tokens, different access to URLs/resources, monthly billing etc. Is is possible to build this using just cloud functions+S3+noSQL? Or would the minimum be choosing a framework and deploying on AWS Elastic beanstalk / Google App Engine?