Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

Kumquat posted:

Our site:
IE8 27.91%
IE7 14.64%
Chrome 10.55%
:suicide:

One of my clients sites...

Safari - 42.17%
Android Browser - 17.27
Chrome - 16.87%
IE 6 - 14.68%

Really???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I also like the opposite. As in "why is my site slow?" Oh you decided to add 300 50mb images to the page... And then make them all 50x50. Grr

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I have a small issue with a new portfolio site I am making in wordpress. It looks fine (ish) but when I look on my phone the sidebar with its position: fixed; left: 0; makes it overlay the content. How can I make it change for the mobile only? Here is the site in question https://www.reidbuck.me

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Wow that's easy thanks! :)

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
So I am starting to delve into server-side code for the first time. I have a project I am using to learn linking html, php and mysql. The idea is simple, you search the database for a phone number. If its not in there you can add it. If it is in there it displays it and any notes people have left regarding it.

Now it works... kinda. I have a test wordpress site here and its hacky but workable.
http://moneyspiderdesign.com/FTWwp/search-for-a-number/

My question is regarding the form redirect to the php. I dont want it to "exit" the wordpress ecosystem. I want it to post the results of the search on the same page. Now my google fu is poor but someone on stack overflow suggested AJAX? Am I making this harder than it needs to be?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
So I have this code on the page
code:
<form action="http://moneyspiderdesign.com/FTWwp/search.php" method="POST">
<p><input name="number" type="text" /></p>
<p><input type="submit" value="Search" /></p>
</form>

and this code on the php file.

code:
<?php

// server details
$servername = "localhost";
$username = "dlfvyzmg_ftwUser";
$password = "thegasman2000";
$dbname = "dlfvyzmg_ftwTest";

// Create connection
$conn = new mysqli($servername, $username, $password, $dbname);
// Check connection
if ($conn->connect_error) {
     die("Connection failed: " . $conn->connect_error);
} 

$sql = "SELECT Number, Note, Date FROM FTWList";
$result = $conn->query($sql);

if ($result->num_rows > 0) {
     // output data of each row
     while($row = $result->fetch_assoc()) {
         echo "<br> Number: ". $row["Number"]. "<br> Notes: ". $row["Note"];
     }
} else {
     echo "0 results";
}

$conn->close();
?>  
So if i am getting this right I add the code from the third block on that link into the html, with the function() holding the php files code?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
So another project has landed in my lap... My new job :woop: is shoehorning a completely unsuitable software solution to bend to its will and its causing me headaches...

Its a simple use case. We collect your vehicle and pay you for it. So I am looking for the easiest way to develop an online app (current one is not online) where we, and the customer can add their details and book a collection. Now I can do it in php from scratch, my last project went that way and works fine, but wondered if their is a boilerplate for this sort of thing? Some features we need are:
sending job to drivers smart phones, only allowing a certain amount of booking a day, separated by AM/PM, driver can upload image with proof of ID on it and we can store this. So any ideas?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

Scaramouche posted:

[Good Words...]

The 'heavy' work is going to be the scheduling/conflict/availability, so it's understandable you'd want to avoid re-inventing the wheel on it unless you don't have to.

Thanks, yeah the availability bit has me worried... I think we wan to set a hard limit on bookings. So 10 before AM and 10 after. Only AM on saturdays. When 10 have been booked the user needs to not be able to select that date/time slot. I will have a look at hair appointments as that makes sense.

Any ideas on storing the images and writing the location to the database. I presume this is the best way. Bloody government requirement means they need to be kept for 10 years. Currently doing 120 ish cars a week.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I want to make the worlds simplest page. It will show either yes or no... like https://isitchristmas.com/

The complication Is I want to be able to text, or email, the change from NO to YES. Whats the easiest way of doing this? Its a site to say if someone has been sent off yet, so speed is kinda the point.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Thanks I will check them out!

I wonder if I am over thinking this and an ftp app for my iPhone with 2 files, one yes and one no, would work.

thegasman2000 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 7, 2015

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Stupid question incoming! I need advice on a htaccess file. I would like the root to redirect to either yes.html or no.html depending on which ever one exists. Is this possible?

I have a stupid site where I want to upload a simple file to display yes or no. To change this I will upload either file and delete the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Edit:

Dont worry I found out the $2.99 app I got allows editing. Changing 3 letters was MUCH easier!

thegasman2000 fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 10, 2015