Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!

pipes! posted:

With relevant attributes listed in each "section" in alphabetical order

I'm glad I'm not the only one who alphabetizes my CSS. I also use an index at the top of my CSS files to help me keep everything in sections. Here's what it looks like on Lawyerist.com (a WordPress site):

code:
/* INDEX

LAYOUT
RESPONSIVE ELEMENTS
RESETS
BASIC TYPOGRAPHY
index.php STYLES (FRONT & ARCHIVE PAGES)
single.php & page.php STYLES (SINGLE POST PAGES & PAGES)
page.php STYLES (PAGES)
HEADER
MENU
CONTENT
    PAGENAV
    PAGENUM
    COMMENTS
    RELATED POSTS
SIDEBAR
	SIDEBAR POPULAR POSTS
FOOTER
FORMS
    BUTTONS
    GRAVITY FORMS
USEFUL STUFF

*/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!
I wouldn't use that site for a basis. Since it looks like you are on Shopify, why not use one of the built-in themes? There are some really beautiful examples in Shopify's gallery: http://www.shopify.com/examples

There's no reason to build a mediocre site from scratch when you can just turn on a template and get a professional-looking site.

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!
According to this web designer, it's rarely a good idea to use black black in web design. I always use #111, instead, and I definitely think it looks better. The answer might just be to drop the black and use #111 or #222, instead. You've got a gray page, not a black-and-white one, and maybe the black around the coins is just too harsh.

Robot Arms fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 14, 2013

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!
If you want this to be easy to update, you should probably be using WordPress (or a comparable CMS).

I'm not a big fan of the white bubbles on the gray background. It looks like a mobile theme from a few years ago, before responsive design became a thing. Also, ditch the rounded corners on the header/nav menu.

If I were you, I would use WordPress, and pick a theme from Themeforest, DIY Themes, Woo Themes, or similar. You'll get a great-looking site with minimal effort, and everyone will think you are amazing.

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!
If you own yourname.com, use that for your email. When I see gmail.com, I think hobbyist.

• Locked thread