Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeBourgeoisie
Aug 8, 2013

THUNDERDOME
LOSER
Okay, I'm quite new to the world of web design, so my sites so far are horrible. The first website I've ever made for an actual client is a free website for a Christian preschool being built in Brazil but funded by my city's church. I worked face to face with my clients, a polite woman who spoke fluent English and a man who didn't speak a lick of English.

We (me and the woman) worked closely on this project, but I'm dissatisfied with the results.

https://www.nainter.com

The tables broke, the site loads like a slug, and I've become disenchanted with this whole webdesign path I'm starting down. The clients where pleased enough, and said they'd recommend on my professional attitude alone, but I just feel like a complete idiot now. It's funny, at first I felt invincible, like I knew what I was doing, but now I'm doubting my every decision in life thus far.

Now, I don't have a formal education. I'm mostly self taught via the internet, books, and pay-to-view videos. Is it worth it to continue my education to a higher level, or should I just abort this career path?

Sorry for ranting I'm just in a slump. :smith:

Well, anyhow, do you fellows have any tips on future endeavors? I abused tables a lot, and I'm paying for it with how they broke. Right now I'm trying to find more charities to build websites for but I'm afraid this abomination is going to stain my reputation.

ZeBourgeoisie fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeBourgeoisie
Aug 8, 2013

THUNDERDOME
LOSER
Thank you, sir (or madam).

My favorite advice is mockups. I'm going to certainly try that one. Yeah, I heard of them before, but I always thought it was a wordpress thing for some stupid reason.

ZeBourgeoisie
Aug 8, 2013

THUNDERDOME
LOSER

Yeah, I got most of my books from Half Priced Books, which was probably a bad idea thinking about it. They must have been old as hell because they said the box attribute of CSS was not reliable and that tables where still the standard.

The lady actually specifically wanted rainbow effects, though.

• Locked thread