Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
^^ I've used themeforest, but never with anything built in shopify. Can you do that?

Seriously, any of those shopify templates would be better than what you can build yourself (not knocking you - they've just been done by people with more experience), and some of them look like they'd be pretty easy to customize for yourself. For what you're selling, the hard graft, parallel, spring '12, and tattly all look like they'd fit what you're doing pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

Ron Don Volante posted:

I'm still unhappy with the slide font though—are there any nicer fonts that are widely-used in web design?
I'm not sure I understand, because your slides are all images, like this is literally slideshow_1.jpg:

Which I can understand why - using images is a lot easier for you than formatting those slides to have text on the left, photo on the right - but since they're just images, you can go hog wild using any kind of font you want, you don't have to worry about web-safe fonts*.

* Nobody does, anymore, but lets save that lesson for another day. :)

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Lumpy posted:

I find good stuff (like that!) to read here very frequently, and hopefully others will too: http://sidebar.io/
Fourth link down there's an article about Flexbox, and everybody needs to read it because holy poo poo is this gonna be fun when it's fully supported (which it will be, as soon as IE11 rolls out). We had a meeting about this a month or so back, it's pretty drat slick. Sticky footers, input styling, vertical centering...all kinds of poo poo we've been hacking for the past eight years is gonna be a whole lot easier.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I have a basic familiarity with HTML and CSS, so of course I volunteered to put together a web-site. :downs:
It deserves to be said again: Wordpress. You absolutely want Wordpress for this.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

sim posted:

You'll notice there's no header or navigation to speak of, except for in the footer. I did this on purpose.
Why's that? Just wondering, because those are basic features that people have come to expect over the past 20 years or so. You're asking a lot of people, when you ask them to relearn web navigation just for your site.

jackpot fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 22, 2014

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

I like it; and it's nice and simple, like what you're going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Then do something cool like one of these because why not? http://tympanus.net/Development/InlineAnchorStyles/
I feel like the people at Tympanus must have the funnest jobs ever. I'm sure they do more than this stuff, but it feels like they just sit around doing the equivalent of css doodles all day, and they're great at it. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to use something like what they've done here: http://tympanus.net/Development/HoverEffectIdeas.

• Locked thread