Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Creepy Goat posted:

Although I can a post a WIP of our work site re-design, mainly for feedback on the interface as it's very content-bare still. I want to add in a tiled thumbnail gallery to showcase our work but a lot of it is difficult to show off as a static image, so I'm working on an interactive solution which is reaaally time-consuming. I only started 'learning' web design about a week ago since every agency locally are uninspiring and time-inefficient.

It's not bad for a beginner. Put some gutter between the side bar and the main content. Also, while I like that the menu doesn't appear until you move down, it's a little jarring to go from having to click a little button to go to the next slide of content to suddenly having to move over to the menu on the side to navigate. You may want to consider also including the up/down navigation that you started with to maintain consistency, but keep the side bar if you'd like or make it present 100% of the time. An indicator in said navigation of what page you're on will help too, like a bullet or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

kedo posted:

The solution is to work on more stuff! :)

A thousand times this. Employers like to see what you work on your own time, not what you did during school.

• Locked thread