Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
I'd love to get some thoughts on the design of my movie blog, Smug Film. It's been around since January 2013, so I've been staring at it since then, and as such, can't really look at it objectively anymore. I'm curious how well everything looks and feels and reads to a new visitor. Overall I like it, but I know that some tweaks could make it better. I'd like to know what areas might feel confusing or awkward or distracting. We have a ton of content—over 200 posts, averaging at about 1000 words each—and I'd like the site to be a place someone could kill a lot of time reading pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Lumpy posted:

Just a quickie, because I'm on my phone, but look at the site in a phone. Your navigation is illegible, bylines are illegible, and your body copy is very hard to read. Body copy should be at least 16px on the web. Overall though, the site works pretty well: your content is front and center, and nothing makes me cringe, which is rare.

Thanks, great point. We'll start working on building a good mobile site soon.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Lumpy posted:

You mean "making your existing site responsive." At least, that's what you hopefully mean...

Haha, yes. I'll make you proud.

• Locked thread