Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

high six
Feb 6, 2010
My girlfriend is trying to start a shrimp bowl, nothing super fancy. It's about a foot and circular. What do you guys use as plants in your shrimp bowls? I'd love to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

high six
Feb 6, 2010
Right now one of my snails is hanging from what looks like a mucus thread from the water surface and just drifting around connected to it, kind of like a spider hanging from a thread. It's a random snail that came with a plan I bought when I first bought my tank, I guess, so I don't know what it is. Has anyone seen/heard of what I am describing or knows what it is?

high six
Feb 6, 2010
In my 20 gallon there's some weird brown poo poo caked onto the glass walls. I took a paper towel to scrub it off and see what it was and it's pretty tough to scrub off. What could this poo poo be? It doesn't seem to have been negatively effecting anything since it has been there for a while and growing little by little. I also have hair algae, if there's any correlation, and I'm about to change the timer so it gets less light. As far as cleaning the tank goes I change the filter every few months and I do a monthly water change of ~20% and I just did a 25% change today.

high six
Feb 6, 2010
I use Aqueon filter cartridges, I think they're just basic as gently caress. There's nothing to it, it just has carbon rocks or whatever in it and there aren't separate parts to replace.

high six
Feb 6, 2010
Does anyone know where to get a reasonably priced reverse osmosis filter? I really want to start a tank in my new house with city water, my attempts previously to do it without RO water failed.