Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

I had 4 10 gallon tanks about 9 years ago, mostly because my ex had a habit of buying bettas whenever we were at the store for cat or dog food. Then we split up and I lived in a house with rickety, unlevel floors. I experimented a little with planting the tanks, but I don't think I ever had a decent substrate in any of them, so I'm fairly excited to start a new heavily planted 20gallon tank (of the Father Fish method) on my desk. My soil supplements and plant cuttings arrived tomorrow and I just finished bracing my desk against catastrophic collapse. LFG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

The tank sits on the end of my desk against the wall. I did the planting in situ and my back hurts.

Mistaken For Bacon fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 17, 2024

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

I got some chili rasboras a little while ago from the LFS's neocardinia tank. Since they were in a shrimp tank they weren't treated for ich and they brought it in. I tried cranking up the heat to treat but my heaters weren't up to it. So I got a 10 gallon, trimmed up my main tank's overgrowth and evacuated the snails for an ich-x treatment. Anyway, here's my new quarantine tank. Hopefully I did the replanting correctly

Mistaken For Bacon fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 19, 2024

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

I set the tank up because I needed somewhere to put the snails (a Nerite and as many MTS as I could find) for a few weeks while I run ich-x in the main tank. Once that's done, I'll use it to quarantine new additions

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

I've been wanting to get into celestial pearl danios since I learned about them, but the LFS here sells them for $12 each. So when I saw a bag of 8 at the local association auction today, I had to shoot my shot, and I came home with the lot of them for $36. I've since learned that PetSmart sells them for even less than that, but I sure feel better getting them from another hobbyist.