Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
This is my latest and probably last freshwater tank, it's kind of a catch-all sort of tank at the moment. Over the years I've set up and torn down a number of tanks, big and small, and these are my remaining fish.

The tank isn't much to look at, and the cellphone camera does no favors. Just some mopani wood and pots, but it's what Henry likes. Big Oscars tend to be very... vocal about their decorations.
The Green Terror is unnamed, as I'm convinced the second I actually start calling her something she'll drop dead. One thing she does not do, however, is live up to the name Green Terror. She's the sweetest fish their ever was. Got her when she was a fry :3:
Unseen in the photos are a Synodontis eupterus upside down catfish named Wilford Brimley, and a big honkin common Pleco named Moose. Moose is my oldest fish, harking back to the days of my first ever serious tank. He is invincible.

Henry the Oscar had a mate, Geordie, who unfortunately passed last year suddenly. Shortly after that my ancient Jack Dempsey passed from old age. After that tragedy I downsized from a 165gal to the current 75gal and vowed to never get another fish... then Henry just started to look so lonely, the Green Terror showed up a few days later, somehow managing to infect the entire tank with the wort case of ich I've ever seen despite 2 weeks in an isolation/observation tank I had set up. Little fucker.

fake edit: The pictures of magnificent cocks in the background are there because Henry likes to look at things, we change them every few days. She also likes to watch TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape

Malalol posted:

I want the hell out of an oscar even though theyre kinda lame to me when little. But you see a giant 15+ incher staring you down and its like...I WANT TO PET YOU! How big is that fella in comparison to a full tank shot?
edit: she looks like an albino football

She's a full 15-16in. I'll come clean, I'm not a huge Oscar fan. My brother absolutely loves them and Henry is in my care until he finishes med school. I personally think she's ugly as hell, but don't tell her that!
Oscars are Crazy smart, some studies show that they can count up to 7, and are readily trainable. It's more like taking care of a toddler than a fish, and are roughly as intelligent. You need to keep them entertained, otherwise they get depressed.

If you do something to disappoint your Oscar, be prepared for the most adorably tragic moody pouting you've ever seen. They will physically go lay at the bottom of the tank on their side just staring at you with one eye until you go away. Henry will do this if you turn off her favorite show (top gear).