Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Read the first book or the first 3, both points can serve as stopping points. If you read the first 3 and like them, then I suggest that you keep going. As people said, 9 and 10 are a bit slow but it picks back up after that. Also one of those two books have one of my favorite chapters of the entire series so they are not all that bad, they just suffer from the poor pacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Correia also has a series out that's sorta... urban fantasy noirish set in the 1920s. It's a 3 book series, and fairly good.

It's called the Grimnoir Chronicles. The first book is Hard Magic.

I've got to 2nd this series, I felt these were slightly better then the Monster Hunter International series he wrote. His magic system reminded me of one of Brandon Sanderson's magic systems. He sets the rules down then comes up with ways to combine different elements of the magic system to do really interesting things.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
I don't know, I was raised without religion and even I think the scene where he fingers the gay alien/elf's rear end while giving him a blowjob right after the the alien/elf knocked him out during a fight and then kidnapped him was absurd. O he also described the smell of poo poo coming out of the alien/elf's rear end when fingering him.

Don't get me wrong I love both the series he has written so far but even I have to admit his sex scenes are absurd.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Neurosis posted:

I am halfway through The Coldest War, book 2 of Ian Trelligis' Milkweed Triptych...

I was really suprised by these books as well and would suggest them to anyone interested. I really liked the xmen like super heroes the nazi's created and as you mentioned the portrayal of the depths people will go to during times of desperation really was great in these books.