Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Wow OP thanks for that amazing picture to the NPR top 100 sci-fi/fantasy books, I have read a ton of books on there already but that picture just opened up 6 more series I need to download and get reading. That was perfect timing too, I just finished the Mistborn trilogy and was in the mood for another series. I am going to start with Iain Banks Culture series or Joe Haldeman The forever War series, any recommendations on what one I should read first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I am trying to find a leather bound copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy as a present for my 16 year old cousin. I know the book exists because I have the leather bound version on my desk at work but now I can not find it any where in stores in my area, E-Bay, Amazon and Google have not turned up anything in searches. This is a probable long shot but have any of you all seen the leather bound version in your local bookstores? I will gladly pay for you to pick it up for me and a small finders fee too, I will happily give him the normal paperback version but seeing has how this is one of my favorite books to read, I want to get him the nicer looking book.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Looking at the Easton Press books brought up a few Google images and I found the copy I have. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/230597700506?lpid=82utm_campaign=localinventory&gclid=CLjS5vCHpLoCFWtk7Aodo18AFw(link to book on E-Bay) and what the heck would cause that copy of the book to shoot up in value so much? I remember getting it for $20 about 10 years ago or so I think.

Rythe fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 20, 2013