Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
The penultimate episode of Story mode has arrived!

Episode 32: Mop Up Video

Like I ask in the video, do you want to see more of the Agency's Choice or should I move on to the final battle? Either way, I'll probably have some multiplayer stuff up in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think there's a need for more of the non-unique battles. I'm guessing you plan to show off the final battle with both the kind of team you might have on a first playthrough and another time with Team Badass Supreme?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Mehuyael posted:

I don't think there's a need for more of the non-unique battles. I'm guessing you plan to show off the final battle with both the kind of team you might have on a first playthrough and another time with Team Badass Supreme?

Something like that. Kou will be using a first timer's team, but there's a few ways to cheese GE after a few runs.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
You've done a very thorough job of showing everything off. I think wrapping it up at this point is just fine.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Man once I figured out how to cheese Galactic Emperor it's a completely different fight.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
With credit to Doctor Reynolds:

Pop Honey & Ultimate Cannon: Best Friends Forever

Enjoy the sneak peek at the final Arena!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
A new Know Your Borg, featuring the second of the Cyber Machines.

Know Your Borg 14: Cyber Machine Genbu

Also, our Challenge Mode run is completed. We did the Insane Course and the video came out to about an hour. Should I load it up as one or would you rather see it split up a bit?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Ok, it looks like I screwed up somewhere technically and our commentary isn't syncing properly with the video for some reason. If I can't sort it out I'll just have to re-record a run. I'll ask again though, would you rather see one long video or have the run broken up into smaller ones?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Depends how long it is.
If its long enough to be broken into ~20 min chunks then go for it.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I finally managed to iron out the commentary, so here's the first part of the Challenge Mode run.

Gotcha Force Challenge Mode: Battles 1 - 5

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Agent Rush posted:

I finally managed to iron out the commentary, so here's the first part of the Challenge Mode run.

Gotcha Force Challenge Mode: Battles 1 - 5

That looks like a lot of fun. I wish the entire game was playable two-player.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Noper Q posted:

That looks like a lot of fun. I wish the entire game was playable two-player.

It is, and so do I. The back of the box talks like you can, but it's probably just referring to Versus and Challenge mode.

Anyway, here's the next block of Challenge Mode: Gotcha Force Challenge Mode: Battles 6 - 10

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Really cool seeing some real teamwork and the unite morphs.

The unite morphs sound weird to control though.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Mehuyael posted:

Really cool seeing some real teamwork and the unite morphs.

The unite morphs sound weird to control though.

The only hard part is firing the Cyber Beam, it's pretty simple otherwise.

The player using the Head Borg controls movement and melee attacks, the Leg player only has to worry about shooting.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agent Rush posted:

The only hard part is firing the Cyber Beam, it's pretty simple otherwise.

The player using the Head Borg controls movement and melee attacks, the Leg player only has to worry about shooting.

So Leg Borg can aim away from where Head Borg is facing?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Mehuyael posted:

So Leg Borg can aim away from where Head Borg is facing?

Yep! It's a bit more obvious when Cyber Atlas is the Legs, but Machine Blue's missiles can go in other directions as well.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here's the last of Challenge Mode:

Gotcha Force Challenge Mode: Battles 11 - 15

All that's left to do is Versus Mode and the Final Battle!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I've been super busy since the last video, but I'll try to get back to the LP by next week at the latest. If I can't get the group together for Versus, I'll just move on to the Galactic Emperor fights and post Versus later. Thanks for your patience!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here's the first round of Versus Mode, we're rounding the last corner!

Gotcha Force Versus Mode: Round 1

I lied about the subtitles, the names are displayed at the end of every battle. They're also posted in the video description and here:

1P = Agent Rush, 2P = Dirien, 3P = Kaze, 4P = Superbleeder

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Seems really hectic. Hoping to see some combo borgs facing each other eventually.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Mehuyael posted:

Seems really hectic. Hoping to see some combo borgs facing each other eventually.

I wasn't able to get that before Bleeder and Kaze had to leave, but I will have a video of that soon.

Also, Kou's battle against the Death Force has come to a close, but there's still a bit more to go:

Gotcha Force Episode 33: Kou's Last Stand

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Congratulations, you defeated the Galactic Emperor! He has the best voice acting in the game. :allears:

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Congratulations, you defeated the Galactic Emperor! He has the best voice acting in the game. :allears:

Galactic Emperor sounds like the kids are playing pretend and the one that got stuck with the villain role is really getting into it. It fits.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a good thing the Gotcha Force somehow managed not to destroy any civilizations when they turned giant.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Noper Q posted:

Galactic Emperor sounds like the kids are playing pretend and the one that got stuck with the villain role is really getting into it. It fits.

I never thought of it that way, but it fits incredibly well.

Mehuyael posted:

It's a good thing the Gotcha Force somehow managed not to destroy any civilizations when they turned giant.

I always assumed they were actually standing on the literal Stratosphere, never touching the planet's surface during that fight.

Also, the last Arena Watch is here:

Arena Watch 16: Stratosphere

Just some last minute show offs as we gear up for Rush's fight with GE and finally closing the game. Thanks for your patience.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here's the second round of Versus Mode, where we do some one vs one matches:

Gotcha Force Versus Mode: Round 2

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here they are at last, Rush's last confrontations with the Galactic Emperor.

Gotcha Force Episode 34: Final Rush

If I weren't terrified of copyright strikes, imagine this song were playing underneath the last segment of the video. See you next time!

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Glad to see this back.

I figured there was at least one borg that would take advantage of the fact that Galactic Emperor is stationary and has a huge hitbox. It was still surprising how effective that last team was.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Isn't it though? :allears:
I didn't much like Drill Robot when I first got one, so I threw it into the box and forgot about it. Then, one day I was messing around in Special Mode and the rest is history.

On an unrelated note, Splatoon is inkredible and anyone with a WiiU should seriously consider picking it up.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I used a different but very similar cheese strategy back when I played the game (since I just couldn't deal with those final phases). Proto Titan's energy lances work much like drill missiles, though I wanna say they're not quite as outrageously effective, and thanks to the comparative rarity/GF cost of Proto Titan compared to Drill Robot, not quite as efficient either. Worked a treat for slowing the game down to single digit framerates though. :allears:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Month of Zen leaves me with less time to watch LPs lately, so I just saw the video now. All I can say is that the Mysterious G-Black gives me huge Stunticon vibes. Which sorta makes sense I guess.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Some more Know Your Borg videos in preparation for the final visit to the Gotcha Borg World are here:

Know Your Borg 15: Victory King

Know Your Borg 16: Cyber Machine Byakko

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I have returned, bearing the final Know Your Borg episodes. It seems a shame that our time in the Gotcha Borg World is coming to a close.

Know Your Borg 17: Cyber Machine Suzaku

Know Your Borg 18: G Black

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
It's been a good run, though. Thanks for the LP!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here are those Cyber Machine vs. Cyber Machine matches I promised.

Cyber Machine Match 1

Cyber Machine Match 2

Just a little something while I gather up my thoughts for the last update.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This has been a really fun watch. Do you have plans for future LPs?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Good job.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

This has been a really fun watch. Do you have plans for future LPs?

I do, but the first thing to work out is scheduling. :v:

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Here we are at last, the end of Let's Play Gotcha Force! :supaburn:

Gotcha Force Episode 35: A Very Special Gotcha Force

Final Thoughts on Gotcha Force

The final thoughts video is kind of rambley, here's the main thoughts:
Voting on tribes really made this play-through more enjoyable, as I was made to use Borgs I had previously ignored.

Thanks to everyone who posted, voted, and/or watched the videos!

It's been a long road, but we finally made it to the end. See you next game!:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agent Rush posted:

Here we are at last, the end of Let's Play Gotcha Force! :supaburn:

Gotcha Force Episode 35: A Very Special Gotcha Force

Final Thoughts on Gotcha Force

The final thoughts video is kind of rambley, here's the main thoughts:
Voting on tribes really made this play-through more enjoyable, as I was made to use Borgs I had previously ignored.

Thanks to everyone who posted, voted, and/or watched the videos!

It's been a long road, but we finally made it to the end. See you next game!:toot:

Again, thanks for LPing this!

I'm amazed that you can "control" The Emperor without the game crapping out. What would have made it wonderful would be if since you can't control the guns and such then instead you could press buttons to have the Emperor say different taunts. You could spam his "Ha ha ha!" line to annoy your friends.

• Locked thread