Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

It also seems to be the hardest to get an LP finished of. :v: I think this is the third.

We never even really got started. We made some test posts, but never managed to get enough footage filmed to be able to commit to a thread. I'm interested to see how you deal with some of the "tuff stuff" battles; there's one coming up I assume next episode which after a combined 8 playthroughs between us we've never managed to beat without cheesing. Although I only really stick to air and fortress borgs for the most parts, with a few exceptions, my friend can run circles around me with death borg lambda and a team of ninjas. If you can dodge well enough, death borg lambda can destroy pretty much any death force battle, and most of the early mission battles.

Have you got a full encyclopedia? There're a couple of borgs we've never gotten round to grinding enough to collect enough crystals for. Ugh, who decided it was a good idea to have 5-part borgs that only appear in one battle?

I'm putting in a vote for Air borgs, but especially Eagle Jet, because Eagle Jet is the best.

EDIT: I noticed you call it "Power Burst". Seems a reasonable enough name, but it's worth pointing out that it never in the game or manual gets an actual name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
I'm very impressed you managed to find a way to beat that first Sho battle without spamming piercing attacks from behind cover. Fighting Ruby and Sapphire Knight are some of the most irritating enemies to fight, though the larger force sizes makes it much easier to beat them. Pop honey is irritating for a different reason; though if I'm not mistaken, planes and fortresses are practically immune, so they're pretty much helpless against those borgs.

I'm also glad that my suspicion is true; insect borgs are generally worthless. Slow moving, very little in the way of auto-aim like the plane borgs, attacks that are generally high-risk high-reward at best... Alien insect's the best, and that's not saying much. Never used them more than once.

Hero borgs, on the other hand, are pretty great, though each have a pretty big Achilles heel. Planet hero's basically useless when not in big mode, metal hero has no real ranged attacks outside of one that has a reaallly long setup... If you can work around them, though, they're all but broken.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

Agent Rush posted:

I've never seen an Air Borg hit by Pop Honey's Mr. Reverse Bolt, so I don't know what happens.

If I recall correctly, they do get affected by Mr. Reverse Bolt, but because very few air borgs have attacks that require aiming beyond "Be roughly above the enemy", it doesn't make a difference overall.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
I'm okay with having Knight Borgs immediately after Air borgs, mostly because in terms of strengths and weaknesses they are almost as close to exact opposites as the tribes get.

I really get the feeling that Gotcha Borgs was meant to originally be adapted into an anime, or be released in chapters rather than all at once, because there are some really obvious "Here's a climax" points that occur at similar intervals throughout, followed by a sudden drop in threat, and the slow escalation of overall threat and increasing borg size really feels like the sort of thing you'd see in a tv show. I have no idea whether that's actually the case or what, though.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I would watch that. The voice acting.

YOU're nO match FOR mE!

HUH? HUH? Ummmm. Ummm. HUH?

Our FORces have WON!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
Seconding the vote for Knuckle borgs, because they've always seemed way too gimmicky for me to be able to use them properly. Don't talk poo poo 'bout wing borgs, son, I get routinely wrecked by my friend when we play multiplayer and he uses them. Even Death Borg Sigma has caused more than a few borg losses. At least with Ninjas you only have to deal with two dimensions most of the time...

To specify on what was said in the video, when Demon samurai and Akuma and Beam samurai as well get stronger, their blades get longer and pass through obstacles. If you aren't paying attention during a match, you can easily end up getting multi-slashed from across the arena and under a ceiling. It's very rarely a huge problem, because they're unlikely to actually hit you much from that range, but it can take you by surprise, especially with the larger borg types.

Vampire knight is pretty awesome. I lucked out and got a gold vampire knight pretty early, and combined with Manna's teams for allies, he could smash through most non-tuff stuff levels through to the middle of the game on his own. Especially the dragons.

Spike knight, on the other hand, is in my opinion the worst knight borg. He doesn't feel as tough as most of the other knights did by the time you get him, and the fact his main attack is completely helpless against any enemies with any sort of range or flight/speed capacity makes him mostly just a liability in my books.

I vaguely remember that for the special attacks of Elemental and Ghost knight, with the throwing swords, there is a special thing - the hitbox doesn't vanish, it's just moved to the sword. It's not really useful to note, but it might mean you can get an extra few hits in, or hit with a special attack like the ultimate cannon's.

Imperial Knight has an infinite combo - B B X X. Useful for stunlocking an enemy, but not much else really.

• Locked thread