Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I can't really share many stories of budgets I've done for people, but I will share a few tidbits.

~$3600 in payments on debt a month (two mortgages, two cars, six student loans, and 8 credit cards)
~I did try to do a budget for Zuarg
~Some people spend more on alcohol than rent.

I will say though; My best friend has a job that requires travel and makes 3k a week + expenses paid, but only works for 6/12 months. He also rents in NYC, has lovely credit and thinks its a good idea to save up a ton of money and pay his rent a year in advance...leaving him with nothing saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

zaurg posted:

bad with money question:

For my entire life I've filed my own tax returns. Mostly been easy. Figured them out with studying IRS docs and using Turbotax. Filing for 2015 was difficult. I had to pay a poo poo load of money to the IRS. I'm considering now, a month later, to consult with an accountant to review and see if I really checked everything and if not do an amendment. Would BFC recommend this? What would it cost on average? IRA early withdrawal, 1 investment property, figuring out just how to file in the first place was a challenge since I divorced in 2016 but married for 100% of 2015 - ex filed married separately so I had to do the same. Crazy rule that when married filing separately you can't get a child care tax credit. Just a lot of new stuff thrown at me.

Wait, so you're still around? Are you still married?

• Locked thread