Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Midtown posted:

A good friend of mine lost his job a while back and has been trying to use his newly acquired free time to his advantage. So he invites me over for a discussion about a business opportunity he is starting and that I "can't miss out" and "Donald Trump". So I arrive and am greeted by a 45-minute presentation for some generic pyramid-scheme knock-off thing for "making huge profit selling telecommunications and earning RESIDUAL INCOME $125,000 PER YEAR FEAT. DONALD TRUMP'S ENDORSEMENT". With no job or job prospects lined up he dropped $499.99 on the starter set and has been begging me, his other friends, family, and anyone who still hasn't filed a restraining order to sign up too.

I sadly decline even despite the unbelievable directorial quality of their training videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ler-4LwiaWk

My brother got involved with these people in the 90's. The pitch was something along the lines of

- Governments are going to start deregulating the telecom industry
- This is an opportunity that will ONLY HAPPEN ONCE
- We will help people SAVE MONEY
- We have no product for sale
- We need more salespeople!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread