Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

oxsnard posted:

Just wanted to thank this thread for recommending Queen of Versailles. Incredible film. It was weird hating that woman and sort of pitying/admiring her in some way at the same time

I have never flip-flopped as much as I have between utter disgust/disdain and slight pity when watching that. Of course it has a "happy ending" in that the family is rich again :rolleyes: so who knows, maybe in 20 years we'll get to see "Children of Versailles".

Edit: To stay on topic, this thread is also the most sad on SA apart from maybe the drug threads in TCC. Seeing people being unable to control themselves or even understand what they're doing is just sad. If you play the game without knowing the rules, how can you possibly hope to win?

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

Yeah I was gonna ask if there is any restriction on reselling those tickets. It's probably an awful return on investment, but maybe there's also a better chance to get playoff tickets?

There are no restrictions on selling the tickets, in fact they're available on stubhub right now. For example, here is a game (regular season) that has tickets for sale: http://www.stubhub.com/san-francisco-49ers-tickets/san-francisco-49ers-santa-clara-levi-s-stadium-9-14-2014-9037676/

I don't know where he got his seats, but given the SBL price and the cost of the tickets themselves, I would guess he probably has some pretty decent ones. He's basically going to have seats in one of four sections, 113/114 and 116/117 on the visitor's side or 137-135 or 139-141 on the home team side. You can see that tickets go for a decent amount; especially if he has the "better" sections.

He can definitely make money on selling on his season tickets, but as for paying off that loan it'll take a few years. v:shobon:v

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Now that is some apex-level bad life decisions. :stare:

Nah, 2 years is enough time to have kids as well. Fortunately they seem to have missed that boat.

• Locked thread