Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I wonder about that poo poo with people who are all We're Super Separate Finances.

Won't you go crazy and murder your spouse with a barbecue fork if one of you retires and the other has to keep working?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A dearth of quality BWM stories means more diamond-horse chat.

Bring on the fabricated stories!!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
God Dammit.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SlapActionJackson posted:

BWM: Not understanding how you withholding can differ from your actual tax liability.

:( Ask me why I owe the IRS $18,000 this year

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My sister and her husband take the "roommates" approach to finances. She bought the house, he writes her a check for half the mortgage/the utilities every month. She pays the property taxes outright.

They have their own shelves in the fridge and go through separate checkout lines at the grocery store.

They're weird but it works for them. Doesn't seem to be related to a lack of love or trust or anything, they just like having their Own Stuff?

I bet all this crap goes out the window when people have babies. 2 hours of sleep a night for 5 years and you're not gonna bust out your checkbook for the $1.37 milk and cereal reimbursement.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

silvergoose posted:

Unless there's a pre-nup involved, the statement "Your finances will magically become pretty integrated in a divorce so they may as well be integrated in marriage." applies perfectly.

Hell yeah there's a pre-nup.

Always pre-nup

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Facebook Aunt posted:

That would probably be a great house for the right buyer. The snakes will eat mice and insects, while being completely uninterested in getting into your food. Desiccated snake poop in your crawl space isn't a big deal. Maybe get a terrier to encourage the snakes to stay out of the inhabited parts of the house.

Realtor spotted.

Garter snakes are the ones that smell like sulfur, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Have you guys never bought a house? You go Full Retard when you buy a house. It's insane. You or your spouse realize that it's The One and you don't give a poo poo when the realtor tells you about the ancient Indian burial ground.

• Locked thread