Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Cracked cylinder head blah blah blah this isn't AI. Yes, I could have done more work on my car myself, but let's be realistic: I needed this car to work reliably within a week because of my job and graduate school, so I paid for it, and got a quote that AI-approved mechanic 13 Inch Dick said wasn't highway robbery, so I went for it.

Bad with money story:

I found out one of my classmates got a new car (a Yaris, so not completely insane at least) based on our graduate school stipend - something that shouldn't be possible as it is a financial aid award as opposed to real "income". Her payment is equal to a third of that stipend, and she doesn't work, and we live in the San Francisco Bay Area. She also lives an hour from campus and has a junk food addiction I estimate she spends hundreds of dollars a month on.

She is currently fundraising on facebook to take her pomeranian to the vet. Gee, who guessed and emergency might one day happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
The $1500 mentioned was to fix my civic with a hosed head gasket and a cracked cylinder head. The forester fix is mentioned at $2k. Both of those repairs are well within median price range for "paying a not shady mechanic to fix a thing you can't fix yourself in a time limited fashion"

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Parameters could also be potentially detrimental to the student. I think the new laws around private student loans and financial need are a step in the right direction: You can't take out unlimited student loans, the private loan provider needs verification from your institution that the money is within their calculation of "tuition+books+living expenses."

The problem is that the median living expenses calculated are phenomenal. I went to UC San Diego and lived in a nice apartment I could throw a rock from and hit campus and had about $20k per year of extra loans offered to me on top of just paying my rent and eating. Not to mention I got food stamps through the whole thing and worked as well. HOWEVER, if some of those loans hadn't been available to me, I would have starved over the summer between terms because unlike many college students I was entirely self supporting and didn't have a family home to spend the summer in.

Most people are just idiots though.

I did chuckle a little while I was applying to graduate school about some of the price tags though. USC was offering a Masters of Social Work for $80k in loans, NOT including living expenses :rolleyes::fh: I'm sure that will just pay for itself.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I remember when I was a kid I would take myself to my orthodontist appointments on the city bus, and my mom would leave me a bus ticket and five dollars for taco bell beforehand since I wouldn't be able to eat again that day :unsmith:

Speaking of bad with money, my dad paid up front for a full course of invisalign and then his wife had to borrow $400 from me to pay their utilities. She paid me back, but geez dad, they have a no interest installment plan.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

fruition posted:

I know this is pretty weird but I always could tell how well-off my friends families were by how nice their teeth looked, since I was always self-conscious of my teeth but we could never dream of affording braces when I was a kid. Now I have dreams/nightmares of just sucking it up and getting invisalign because I know it would help my confidence more.

Worth it. Just plan for it better than my dad did.

I know some people consider "luxury" expenses related to physical appearance to be wastes of money (the exception seeming to be fitness related line items), but I think things like invisalign, contacts/laser eye surgery, laser hair removal, monthly upkeep stuff like waxing, or even things like weight watchers meetings have such a huge impact on quality of life that if you can afford them I can think of NO reason why you shouldn't invest in them. If my teeth were crooked now you can bet I would be in braces.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

baquerd posted:

Talented writer gets undergrad paid for by her parents, lands a full-ride MFA followed by a fellowship, and is living in one of the lowest cost parts of the country. So of course she goes $40,000 in debt for "linen curtains and homemade granola".

http://thehairpin.com/2013/11/how-my-obsession-with-furnishing-a-future-put-me-nearly-40000-in-debt

As a graduate student with and overly developed sense of nesting and nearly 10k of credit card debt, I almost cracked my teeth reading this it was so painful.

Sure, the lifestyle is romantic. I am guilty of living beyond my means to give myself motivation to keep living. But now I feel shame, and I am fixing it, and working hard in a way I wouldn't have to if I'd always been smart and self reflective. That she says she doesn't feel shame? That is so damaging it hurts me to read.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
And to be fair, even when you have good financial education, there's no guarantee that it will stick. I had an 11th grade economics teacher who spent months teaching us about credit, interest rates, and student loans. He even went through the process of a house mortgage and credit union vs bank. I learned the word 'usury' in that class :unsmith:

Most of us were still gently caress ups in college. It's a messed up developmental stage. But hey, maybe he's the reason we eventually grew out of it?

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Qu Appelle posted:

I went on a date once with a guy who decided - unilaterally - that because I had twice the income, I should pay twice the expenses. And, at dinner that night, when it offered to buy the desserts, he immediately orders the most expensive thing on the menu, as well as a glass of port. The rest of the dinner we went Dutch.

We didn't go on a second date, and I refused to pay for the port. That's beyond dessert, IMHO.

He still whines about it to this day. I just flat out stopped talking to him.

Yeah, good luck in finding a sugar momma, because it's not going to be me.

This made me laugh like crazy. If I went on a date with a guy and acted like that, I'd expect to get dumped at a bus stop without so much as a glance over the shoulder. I always found the idea of women ordering expensive meals to show how much they are "worth" to men to be ridiculous, and it turns out it is just as hilarious gender-swapped.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Qu Appelle posted:

Yeah. He also had a bunch of expensive habits he just couldn't drop, where my idea of a good time is curling up with a good book and a mug of tea.

BFCs dream girl, and my personal role model :allears: Do you keep excel spreadsheets on your tea spending and kindle purchases? How's your 401k?

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I have my kindle fire running on android, and has been for a while, so I ruined my ability to use the kindle library :saddowns: it's me! I'm bad at money!

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I was in the midrange in social sciences, and now I'm graduating next month with my Masters in Social Work. I am currently typing this from my weekend job :( I miss undergrad where vomiting words was a thing I could do in at least some of my classes. The only way I'm able to work now is by having a 6am wake up, 7 day a week schedule (2 days of classes, 3 days of mandatory credit internship, 2 days working). Asking a 19 year old to have that kind of discipline is probably excessive. And as soon as I hear about this pending job offer, I am quitting and never looking back.

Summer jobs are almost non existent in some parts of the country as well. I had to maintain a job year round, and during the summer we basically tossed applications straight in the trash after the first two hires in April or May.

That said, it's not unusual for grad students to be even worse with money now than when they were undergrads because now they are "adults" and need things like their own apartment, nice furniture, and credit card financed weddings :catstare:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

tuyop posted:

I've written 143 papers since September. I don't think "vomiting words" is really accurate for the process. It really wasn't as straightforward as science majors tend to make it out to be, but I have no point of reference regarding post-secondary labs and maths and poo poo. The workload was about 100 hours a week on average, including class time.

As for paying for it, I think a good strategy is to seesaw with a spouse in a well-paid trade, where you get a qualification, work in it while they get another full time, then back to upgrading, and so on until you reach credential nirvana.

Alright, BFC goons, which one of you is going to do this Power Couple game with me? :colbert:

Seriously though, as a pretty happily single person, that is the thing I am most jealous of - couples with similar goals and good financial sense. Ain't nobody paying half of my rent :mad:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

SpelledBackwards posted:

He means the women are trying to show they are high class and worth a lot by ordering an expensive meal. As in, that'll show the guy paying that she is worthy of being bought an expensive meal, and that it's not a waste of his time and money to do so. Pretty stupid supposition, but that's how some people operate.

I'm a she, and that is the essence of it, but also to show their expectation of a suitor, implying that meeting the high bar of buying lobster that suitor will be making a positive impression on a valuable commodit- um, lady.

Some women try and play off of the same psychology that makes diamonds valuable. Demand and false scarcity! Look how much others want them! Look how expensive they are!

Story: watched someone in line at the record store get three cards declined in a row and still purchase their Iron Maiden and Mos Def vinyl on a fourth card :catstare:

Edit: I feel I should also add that the attitude of those women is a social construct that rewards women who conform and punishes women who don't, as "giving it away for free" makes you like, three times the whore, right? :smug:

(gently caress I hope I don't sound like I support the patriarchy :ohdear:)

Mocking Bird fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 20, 2014

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I'm a CPS social worker (in an official capacity starting in 30 days, deputized at the moment), and no joke have a case right now where we got involved because a mom left her kid in the house after a domestic violence incident. The baby didn't even get hurt (dad bolted when the police showed up and left the baby alone), but it was disturbing enough to us that mom left the child alone with her abuser that we opened a case she will now have to follow for six months to a year and will lose her child to adoption if she doesn't comply.

Risk factors evident so far:
Unstable income (Caretaker Incapacity, not to the level of intervention)
Criminal history (Caretaker Incapacity, if he should go to jail)
Domestic Violence (Physical Abuse for him, Failure to Protect for her, DEFINITELY would warrant investigation and potentially an open case)
Children on SSI (Vulnerable population, willing to hazard it's likely a PosTox baby situation, means that I almost definitely would have opened a case)
Mental Health history of PTSD (Probably a contributor to Failure to Protect for mom)

The big one is DV, we don't remove kids because their parents are poor gently caress ups.

If this family were referred to me and the above risk factors proved true and reasonable, I most likely would ask that Mom take the kids and move to a shelter or relative's home and have an open case on them for minimum six months. Dad would need to enter a domestic violence program, drug rehab, and probably get a psych eval. Mom would need to do a victim of DV program and a psych eval. They would be liable for the costs of fostering their children if they were taken into care.

All I'm saying is, if your income is entirely your kids, maybe don't hit them, numbnuts.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Ghostnuke posted:

I don't know man. My wife has a PhD in psycholinguistics and she's always gone on about a "critical period" or something where it becomes much harder to learn language after it has passed.

That's about acquiring language, period, not about acquiring additional languages thereafter. Please see the depressing Wikipedia article "feral children"

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I pay $300 every six months for full coverage on my 99 Civic with no accident record but questionable credit. Also, just turned 25. Sigh. I continue to do this because I have a plan with my family and it makes them feel better. A high tax for familial peace.

At least I am still driving the 99 Civic with 240k miles on it rather than leasing the new VW Golf I want so badly :(

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I want to know what happened to that guy who blew his and his sister's inheritance on bitcoins.

Do you think he converted to dogecoin in time? :ohdear:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

LogisticEarth posted:

Aren't general prices sky high in Australia as well, partially negating the nominally high wages and whatnot? Every other time I see an Australian visiting the US they comment on how everything is stupendously cheap. They rank pretty high in PPP per capita but below Canada, Norway, and the US, and generally are in the same ranks as major European nations.

Yes. I went on vacation for three weeks in Sydney and even grocery shopping, using public transit, and doing free sight seeing, I was STUPID BROKE after week two because everything costs nearly twice what it does in California. Also, booze is like $40 a fifth.

Edit: I should mention I would happily pay $40 a bottle for basic booze, the friend I stayed with made $15/hour minimum wage and lived a frugal but sustainable life and I wish that were the case here :(

Mocking Bird fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 20, 2014

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Jeffrey posted:

The summer islanders will invade dorne and declare for stannis. They'll be defeated eventually by Tyrell forces, but not before killing Aegon the Unreliable.

That does seem pretty bad with money, invasions ain't cheap son.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

olylifter posted:

There was one episode with a Japanese woman who was entirely deranged and hadn't spent money on anything in years. She would dumpster dive to get packaged meals from grocery stores, and then reheat them by mixing a bunch together in a pot. So like, spaghetti, salmon, and two or three other things all mixed and reheated, served to a work friend and his girlfriend, who had to leave to vomit. Also the episode took place in the summer and it was hotter than a snake's nuts in her apartment and she refused to air condition or even use a fan, so it was unbearable, yet she has people over.

Its unfair to exploit the mentally ill for ratings, but what can you do.

Edit: this lady. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68tH-lnK60 Pants-making GBS threads crazy.

If I remember correctly from when I watched this a million years ago, this woman also owns her apartment in a big fancy city and dresses like poo poo to go to work and washes her work clothes in the bathtub and hangs them to dry. Her coworker seemed really concerned about her mental health, but his girlfriend acted like kind of a prissy bitch about it, like she'd never sat on a floor and eaten horrible food in a hot apartment - that's basically what dorms are right?

That said, that woman needed an intervention.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Weatherman posted:

Nothing wrong with hanging clothes out to dry. In fact, I would think it's bad with money to always use a dryer when there's a big nuclear explosion hanging in the sky for most of the day for most of the year.

Now I know someone's about to mash Reply and say "B-but what about when it rains or when there's only five minutes of sun in my neck of the Earth?!" so I'd better clarify: I mean, if you put your clothes in a dryer when the sun is shining, it's you. You're bad with money and bad for the environment.

Most households in Japan don't have a dryer (but some washing machines have a dryer-like function: no heating, but circulating air for a few hours) and just hang the clothes out on the balcony. The coin laundries have dryers for emergencies, I guess.

Don't worry, I hang my clothes to dry too. The main focus is that if I remember properly (and god knows I watched that episode at least two years ago) is that she showers with her clothes at the bottom of the shower and used the soap that drips off of her to wash them, and then the lack of dryer means no barely hygienic hot tumble to make me feel better about how gross that is :(

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Pompous Rhombus posted:

One of my grandfather's old Air Force buddies actually swears by this (as a travel tip, not a lifestyle thing).

If I'm staying at a hostel in south east Asia and rinsing the mud off my hilly clothes, sure. But these are her daily work clothes that she also dumpster dives in, and never thoroughly washes any other way.

Also, I am going to be BFC's new SloMo once I get my first paycheck from my new job and start a thread. I've never had this much money and my knee jerk reaction is to BALLER OUT

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Bamabalacha posted:

Sorry to bring back tuition chat, but does the US not have automatic entrance scholarships? Every school in Canada has a fuckton of "you got into our school! If you are coming straight from high school, have X thousand dollars based on your academic performance!" that you get notified of with your letter of acceptance. I think I had almost 25k in entrance scholarships from all the schools I applied to.

That's cute.

Depending on your state you can get automatic grants based on being poor.

It was actually free for me to attend college in California and a better deal than going to UBC in Vancouver (dual citizen).

Being middle class in America sucks for college, I was never more grateful for my unmarried parents and deadbeat mom.

Also I LOVE engagement ring drama - I had two friends get engaged at 18 and 22 when she was working as a receptionist and he was "working" for a "friend" (petty drug dealing) who spent NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS on the ring.

Of course they broke up a month before the wedding and he had financed the ring, so he just dropped it off at the store and took a hit on his credit.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Uranium 235 posted:

Engineer starting salaries are higher than that.

Teacher and social worker starting salaries are higher than that :raise:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Nobody tells someone that going to Harvard is a bad idea just because it's private. ITT Tech, however...

Also, I've had a ton of financial conversations focusing on how dumb I am in the past week while I decided between 3 job offers.

1. Current job. 60k, 150 a month for health care, pension plan, union. Caseload of 25-30 (average in field is 20).

2. Job in county I live in. 69k, free health care, pension plan, union. Caseload of 20-25. Farther away.

3. Job in far away county. 73k, free health care, pension plan, union. Caseload of 15. Super far away.

I stayed in my current job :downs: Turns out that appreciation, good coworkers, and a great supervisor have a cash value of about 10k.

Goodbye, new car. Goodbye, eating out. Hello, bike commute.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

olylifter posted:

Bike commuting rules.

So what you're telling me is to pull a Tuyop and buy the first oversized road bike I can get my hands on and then ride it directly into the San Francisco Bay

Wait who are we kidding I'm an out of shape piece of poo poo, this six mile ride will likely kill me far before the freezing water does

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Zauper posted:

Cornell doesn't accept lovely community college credit. The local cc I went to was also fairly good, as this things go.

I tried that (well, similar) Intro to American history, not for major - denied. Not enough (quality) reading on the syllabus.

European history - only accepted because my advisor called the dean and asked them to accept it so I would meet a random requirement for graduation. She made it quite clear it was a favor.

Intro to American government? In major, declined because the syllabus wasn't intensive enough.

Spanish? That was no problem, but that was from Georgetown university and I had to take a test to pass out.

I'll note that I was one class from a double major in history in three years, taking cc and language classes in the summers to try and fit requirements.

The advice of "go to a community college first to save money" only works if they take your credits. They don't always.

This is why I went to a public state school (equal to Cornell in reputation). They took my 3 years of dubious community college credits and then sat back and waited to see if my brain would catch fire from grinding gears while shifting from "this is easy" to "WHAT THE loving gently caress."

Two associates degrees from a good community college: Free as a bird.

Bachelors degree: 10k

Masters degree: 40k

Higher learning loving blows, and I did this the "cheap" way. Though it is nice to refute that social science degrees are "bad with money" as I'm happily employed in my field with a BA in Sociology and an MSW.

Bad with money: My classmates from my master's program who took out the max loans (I had a 38k grant) and then dropped out the semester before graduation :saddowns:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I can't negotiate while on probation (current, but new) but have been promised a two step promotion at the end of probation after I agreed to stay.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Let's lift the mood a little! :shobon:

My mom developed a drug addiction in her 30s. She lost a house in a lucrative part of the bay area to foreclosure, she took out debt in my name, we lived without running water or electricity for a year. My grandfather, horrible piece of poo poo that he is, took money from all of our family and put her into scientology rehab to the tune of $20k. For the last two years my brother and I have been paying her rent and helping her get by as she struggled as an older woman to find employment - she was a paralegal and librarian before, something that 50 year old women with enormous employment gaps are apparently not in demand for.

As of four months ago, she is working full time, living in the same town as my brother, paying her own rent, and beginning to come out of long stretches of serious and dark depression. She's been clean for three years :toot:

Sometimes helping your bad-with-money mom out isn't bad forever. My mom and I are very close despite all the hurdles.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Use your own money to build credit? That's totally against the point of getting free money on credit!

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I live in the Bay Area and am currently eating take out RIGHT NOW and make less than half that and.... totally can't afford kids because I make less than half that, but I live pretty drat well.

Also, I'm a social worker who gets to mandate services whether people like them or not, and I feel like I'm the only social worker in my office who thinks about the financial implications of my mandatory service plans :( I work with my clients to help them keep their jobs, do drug treatment in the evening, finding childcare, etc but no joke I am given free reign to say "quit your job, enroll in this full time treatment program, and pay for it out of pocket." It's nuts, and other social workers do poo poo like that.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

slap me silly posted:

<insert rant about abysmal mental health and social support in the USA>

I think of it more as a commentary on the lack of financial education even among those of us with graduate degrees. Think about it this way: a JUDGE signs off on these things.

Respect to my clients though, y'all know small money hustle - I have never seen so many people pay so little for rent in the Bay, and have such eccentric collections of jobs and finances. Did you know federal probation has hookups with some of the labor unions? Hustle hustle hustle.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I live in a beautiful victorian two bedroom flat (in a house of two units) with a laundry room, a dishwasher, and a beautiful garden maintained by my upstairs neighbors.

In Berkeley. On the major buslines. 20 min walk to BART, 2 min from the freeway. I work 3 cities over and it takes me 15 minutes to get to work.

I have one roommate and I pay $900 because I have a beautiful 20x14 room with pocket doors and crown molding and hers is significant smaller and has carpet/lower ceilings. My friends consider this expensive for shared accommodations, but nothing was for rent in Temescal where I was looking to pay 500-800 for a similar set up when I moved.

Make the bay area work for YOU, guys.

Edit: (a house of similar size and lower quality is renting down the street for $3.5k per month for the privilege of living alone, mileage may vary)

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
My $79k of student loans from my masters of social work is coming due :sigh: I guess I didn't get into this career for the money.

I work full time for the government and still have a side gig with a women's shelter. God bless public child welfare and its "generous" salaries.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

This gave me heart palpitations to read.

This is the spirit of this thread.

You are the spirit animal of Bad With Money.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Come on man, you put it out there, I joked about it in a good natured way.

I've talked a bit about my and my family's bad finances in this thread and others before, and been ridiculed for it and deserved every word said. Same as you, spirit animal. I'm glad you're doing better, but don't tell a horror story if you can't take people gasping.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Alright let's get loving honest in this bitch.

I went to Australia in the summer of 2013 and blew thousands of dollars because I didn't plan out how loving expensive it would be. The trip ended with me cutting contact with my Australian friend of 8 years. So, four thousand dollars to end an unhealthy friendship - is there a way to use coupons for that?

This started a trend of being slightly behind on expenses the whole year, as I was a graduate student in a low-funding profession. Even while I worked weekends and evenings making above minimum wage. I took out max student loans because I live in the Bay Area.

I broke up with my not-boyfriend and dumped all his stuff on his porch (including the laptop I was using) and financed a macbook pro and haven't paid it off yet.

I turned down a $73k a year job to work at my $60k a year job with worse benefits and higher pension payments because I like my boss and my work friends and its closer. I am able to negotiate in February and hope to use the offer to leverage a large pay bump.

I literally just got another tattoo today, posted it in the tattoo megathread, and then spent half an hour talking to Nelnet about my $70k of federal student loans.

I pay my mom's rent and expenses at least in part every month because she's underemployed in her late forties. I also helped pay for her drug rehab with student loans.

I owe my best friend over a thousand dollars for paying to repair my piece of crap car, and he won't let me pay him back, which is awkward.

I got two minor traffic tickets, but since they were in San Francisco, they are enormous. I dread paying them.

I too, am a spirit animal.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Renegret posted:

I don't really want to start something (but I probably will) but there is value in having a job that makes you not want to kill yourself. Plus if it's closer, you save on transportation costs.

$13k is a nice chunk of change, though I wouldn't hold that against you.

It's been a tough decision to live with. I'm a government social worker, and I basically chose to stay in a poor oppressed community instead of working in a nicer well-off community. So in addition to the lower pay, I am dealing with a much larger caseload, more difficult cases, and a more conservative court system. But gently caress, how often do you get a supervisor that supports you, guides you, and lets you wear yoga pants to a government gig? I actually initially accepted the other job and she convinced me to stay by being consistently awesome and appreciative of my work.

That extra :10bux: a month would really help me pay down my enormous amount of debt, though. Sigh.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

I do understand the value of having a supportive boss and a friendly work environment, but $13k a year is a decent amount of money...

If you aren't able to negotiate a higher pay, try negotiating for some perks like longer vacations and stuff.

I did get an extra week of vacation and an extra week of personal leave by staying :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Please note that it hurts in a very similar way to tattooing and works best if you have light skin and dark hair.

In a "maybe bad with money" story, I have a new coworker! A new coworker with no experience in my specific field. Or knowledge of the intense process of my field. Who worked in a field oppositional to my field previously. Who took this job for the increased pay compared to the oppositional job.

This is definitely a job you can only do if you love it and sacrifice for it, so I'm pretty sure she is going to fail spectacularly and be left with no income at all, and unable to return to her previous employment for "job traitor" reasons.

• Locked thread