Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

During the big E3 gaming convention when Microsoft and Sony announced their new consoles my friend texted me and said he preordered 5 of the new Xbox consoles and 5 Playstation 4 consoles with the hope to "flip" them on release. Not even a week before this he quit his job and went back to work on his parent's farm where he is getting paid cash under the table each week, and, to top it all off, he and his wife are trying to close on a house.

I don't know how preordering stuff works, but I hope to God he didn't have to pay upfront for all those consoles. Isn't that around $3,000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Cicero posted:

Each Xbone is $500 and each PS4 is $400, so you're looking at $4500 before sales tax. However, I think usually you don't pay upfront, and it's pretty easy to cancel.

I guess that is good he could cancel them, but it just seems like a bad idea to me.

It was this time last year that he bought a motorcycle off Craigslist that didn't run, bought all kinds of parts to try and fix it, and it still doesn't run. It is sitting in his backyard, and I don't think he has touched it since last summer.

Dick Spacious CPA fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 2, 2013

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

I might have mentioned my friend earlier in this thread, he pre-ordered like 5 PS4's and 5 new Xboxes during the E3 hype with the intent to "flip" them when the time comes. Well he and his wife went through a rough patch and are now getting a divorce. I am not 100% sure of all the reasons why, but I know the fact that he doesn't technically have a job and he spends money like it grows on trees is a major reason. She told him she wanted a divorce about a week ago and he moved out of the house he was living in with her and he moved back in with his parents. I got a picture message last night of the new couch, chair, and loveseat thing he bought at IKEA for his new place. Mind you he doesn't have a new place yet so I guess he bought it to just have at his parent's house :psyduck:.

• Locked thread