Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infrared35
Jan 13, 2005

Plaster Town Cop
Dave is a government employee in what's considered a position of national trust, which requires clearance at the Top Secret level (to include the accompanying periodic background checks and financial disclosures). He makes over $70,000 a year before overtime and taxes. Just as some background, he lives in a run-down shack but continually buys the flashiest redneck toys you can think of. He's always buying the biggest and best ATVs and snowmobiles every time their respective seasons come around. He has a bright yellow Ford F-250 super crew with all the options, which he promptly poured thousands more dollars into, giving it an eight-inch lift, chrome everything (including eight-inch exhaust stacks coming up out of the truck bed which, incidentally, makes the truck useless for carrying cargo; and don't forget the chrome Truck Nutz), and 37-inch swamp tires. He bought a couple of expensive "breedin' dogs" - AKA chocolate labs - and proceeded to let them run loose and breed with who knows what.

He was on a travel assignment which gave him a government credit card. It's a card with an extremely high limit, but it has pretty strict stipulations about what you can use it for (only direct travel-related expenses such as gas, meals, and lodging). Everything is subject to constant review and audit, and the card has to be paid in full every month by the employee.

So what does he do? He buys a brand new Harley with his government credit card.

Obviously that set off some red flags, especially since he had absolutely no way of paying the entire card balance off at the end of the month. He was kicked out of his cushy travel assignment, partly for the credit card issue and partly because he refused to meet basic grooming standards.

Now he's desperately trying to sell the Harley and the truck, but not desperately enough to go below blue book value (since I bet he's way upside down on both of them, especially given the litany of repairs the truck needs). I was surprised he wasn't fired immediately, but they're probably garnishing his paycheck until the card is paid off. Then they'll fire him.

On a side note, he bundled his pregnant dog up for his travel assignment, and she gave birth on the road. He put up signs all over the place trying to sell the "not AKC certified but still totally almost pure bred chocolate labs" for two hundred dollars each. No takers, as far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 13, 2005

Plaster Town Cop

B33rChiller posted:

*Note: I'm not calling out IR35 for being BWM by owning all those guns. I'm sure at least some of them are for professional face shooting purposes.*

:drac:

Yeah, it's not as bad as it looks. Nearly half of those belong to other family members (I keep track of their inventory for insurance purposes), a handful are work guns, and a good portion of the remainder were handed down from my dad.

P.S. - my retirement fund is in good shape, and my car is paid off. :v:

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Oct 10, 2016

• Locked thread