Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

pig slut lisa posted:

Is this hyperbole or are there literally people who spend $2,000+ per day on a phone game

I used to play a browser based village war game with like 2000 players tops and people would send me cackling messages after foiling an attack on a city by spending a couple hundred dollars to rebuild their village walls during five second gaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Tigntink posted:

Excuse me?

http://www.seattle.gov/civilrights/gender-justice-project

A study released in 2013 by the National Partnership for Women and Families revealed that across the nation, women earn just 77 cents for every dollar earned by men. In the Seattle metro area that number drops to 73 cents for every dollar – the worst pay gap in the nation.

At the City of Seattle, the pay gap among City employees is significantly smaller, with women earning 90.5 cents for every dollar a man earns. This gap widens when race is taken into account. While white women earn an average of 92 cents for every dollar a white man earns at the City of Seattle, Asian and Pacific Islander women earn 85 cents, Latina women earn 83 cents, African American women earn 79 cents and Native American women earn 74 cents

How about you actually cite some correct sources there buddy.

Jesus, this is definitely the wrong thread in the wrong forum for this but being born a woman can really loving suck when people contantly poo poo on those of us who point out the obvious.

The wage gap is because women work in jobs that get paid less than the jobs men work, not because they're working the same jobs and getting paid less. It is disingenuous to argue the latter.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Investing in marijuana businesses sounds good with money to me. Where's the weed ETF?

I had a few hundred in a weed company that promptly doubled, then got shitcanned off the exchanges by the SEC for insider trading last year.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
You ever heard of a rich guy living on a houseboat?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Tigntink posted:

Yeah - Do you know the prices of the houseboats in lake union, Seattle? loving half mil to a mil.

They're not trying to set up shop on a frozen hellscape.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

Today I learned that my parents who make like 50k a yr combined and have zero savings and horrible credit bought a brand new CRV. 28k car that they can't afford, and they're going to end up paying 36k for it. Makes me sad and kind of guilty that I wasn't around to talk them out of their horribad decision.

Congratulations, my friend, you're going to get to learn how to pay for a Boomer retirement on top of living your own life.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Suspicious Lump posted:

OP disappears early on in the thread. I wish they'd stick around some more :(. Even with the lack of any vegetables, he could easily survive 3 days with that food, it's a lot of carbs there. Also flour + herbs + oil = zatar pizza. Also how much does a tin of tomato costs? Not a lot... so he doesnt even have money for THAT floating around the house.

Humbebrag: It's one of the reasons why I always never skimp on grocery shopping, if something's on special buy 2 of those!

I don't know what the hell zatar is but pizza is pretty much just flour and water.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

RandomBlue posted:

That and $19B for WhatsApp, $2.5B for Mojang, etc... etc.. Valuations for tech/software companies has gotten insane again.

$2.5 billion for the biggest selling video game in history isn't really terribly outlandish.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Zamujasa posted:

That's true, but there are things other than a savings account it could go to, like paying down debt, or emergencies/other unexpected expenses.

For some people, keeping their money away from them so they can't blow it for a little while is the best savings plan of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

overdesigned posted:

I should maybe have used "decent" instead, yeah.

If a lot of broke people weren't still having extreme difficulty finding jobs that actually pay decent wages, there wouldn't be nearly as much of a base for Uber to draw employees from.

• Locked thread