Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asciidic
Aug 19, 2005

lord of the valves

When I was 21 I went from making $20k/yr to about $90k, and my only bills were car insurance, gas and $150/mo for living in my grandmother's guest house. I bought a lot of stuff I didn't need and everything I had was disposable. I built a new computer about every 3 months and gave my old computers away to friends. I had a couple Grand Nationals with thousands of dollars in go-fast parts, a lot of which were still uninstalled when I got rid of the cars, and I bought a new Cobalt as a beater. I paid cash for everything. I didn't start building credit history until I was 25.

Now I'm better, though. :) I move all excess money to a savings account that I have no access to other than doing wire transfers or physically going to that bank. It came in handy when I had to pay lawyers and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread