Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

coreycoryecorey posted:

During the big E3 gaming convention when Microsoft and Sony announced their new consoles my friend texted me and said he preordered 5 of the new Xbox consoles and 5 Playstation 4 consoles with the hope to "flip" them on release. Not even a week before this he quit his job and went back to work on his parent's farm where he is getting paid cash under the table each week, and, to top it all off, he and his wife are trying to close on a house.

I don't know how preordering stuff works, but I hope to God he didn't have to pay upfront for all those consoles. Isn't that around $3,000?

When the Xbox 360/PS3 were out, people would buy them from Target or whatever and try to flip them on eBay. Anecdotally, the eBay market became saturated with these listings so quickly that people were only making $50 or so, and most people just ended up returning them to the store.

This of course was after camping out for hours ahead of time. When I talked to some people in front of a Target, there were like 6 people waiting and only one person was actually going to keep theirs (but they were buying extras to try and flip).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread