Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah Electramotive Smokescreen colours or nothing. I'm still not sure the MP version doesn't look cheap and plastic though. I don't mind the comic/cartoon shoulder cannons but the pics I've seen makes him look like poo poo compared to MP Prowl/Bluestreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
How? It's the exact same mold. The colors are garish, but that's Smokescreen.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Endless Mike posted:

Why would they paint a classic Datsun in modern Subaru Racing livery?

I meant "the other" Smokescreen

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
This turned out really nice. I hope the production run looks just as good.

This is Perfect Effect's PE-DX02 Arranea Motobot, which is pretty apparent that it's Blackarachnia.

Part of the Robot/Vehicle mode sperates to form a cool spider drone which can hold weapons around it's mouth.

EDIT:Whoops, sorry I should've added more info.

Lepecard fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 24, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
What does the bike look like without the spiderthing?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I bought the other PE Arcee and it was REALLY fragile. I unloaded it when MMC announced their not-Arcee.

This one looks like it has even more little parts that can snap at any given moment, that said it also looks really cool. But I'm getting a little burnt out on $60 - $80 5-inch Transformers.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What does the bike look like without the spiderthing?

like half a motorcycle.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

Awww I was just playin' I didn't mean anything by it.

Sorry I am just oversensitive from all the DW threads and their tendency to use my former username as a swear word.

Plus you have a Frank Miller avatar so I just assumed your sense of irony and humor died on 9/11.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Sorry I am just oversensitive from all the DW threads and their tendency to use my former username as a swear word.

Plus you have a Frank Miller avatar so I just assumed your sense of irony and humor died on 9/11.

Naww, we can still be bros. This avatar was bought for me because I guess I was being a huge dick in other BSS threads. I',m the old man of BSS now or something.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I feel like I'm missing something here, but if you don't want to post about it here in the thread for fear of derailing it I guess you could PM me about it.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Xenomrph posted:

I feel like I'm missing something here, but if you don't want to post about it here in the thread for fear of derailing it I guess you could PM me about it.

No really is anyone going to BotCon??? Anyone?

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Has there been any pictures of the Takara Blitzwing and Springer yet?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yes, but they aren't terribly different. Some more shiny paint here and there, for example Blitzy has a gold-ish helmet. They showed up recently so they should be easy to find if you filter the news section at TFW or Seibertron.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So my buddies over at Ed Bomber Toys and Palace Gifts have a neat exclusive their debuting at Botcon this year, here's the teaser pic:

More details coming Monday!

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Peter Bazooka posted:

Has there been any pictures of the Takara Blitzwing and Springer yet?

I know I've been awful with picture requests, but here's a photo I took of then when I checked out the Tokyo Toy show

To be honest, I didn't see much difference between the Takara and Hasbro Springers, and I actually like the Hasbro Blitzwing's yellow helmet better I think.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Lepecard posted:

This turned out really nice. I hope the production run looks just as good.

Holy poo poo. I love motorcycle transformers, and the spider aesthetic looks sick. I'm not great with TF characters, so is this guy a returning bot or a new character completely?

Also, has there been any word on when Beast Hunters Megatron ships? I need that Shark Megatron.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

The Goon posted:

I know I've been awful with picture requests, but here's a photo I took of then when I checked out the Tokyo Toy show

To be honest, I didn't see much difference between the Takara and Hasbro Springers, and I actually like the Hasbro Blitzwing's yellow helmet better I think.

Looks like it's just a lighter grey and green feet for Springer. That's too bad, Takara has been killing it with their FoC paint decos.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Here's a pic of a Metroplex that's had a panel lining wash added to it. It looked awesome enough that I may attempt it on my own once I get it:

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The Goon posted:

Here's a pic of a Metroplex that's had a panel lining wash added to it. It looked awesome enough that I may attempt it on my own once I get it:

To go along with that, here's the sound clips it comes with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfu7MNYoKSA

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Desfore posted:

Holy poo poo. I love motorcycle transformers, and the spider aesthetic looks sick. I'm not great with TF characters, so is this guy a returning bot or a new character completely?

That is a third-party version of Blackarachnia, who you may remember from Beast Wars (if you saw it, I guess), although it looks more like her Animated incarnation. I don't know who's making it or what they're calling it but it'll probably be pricey but yes, I agree, it looks sweet as hell.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

That is a third-party version of Blackarachnia, who you may remember from Beast Wars (if you saw it, I guess), although it looks more like her Animated incarnation. I don't know who's making it or what they're calling it but it'll probably be pricey but yes, I agree, it looks sweet as hell.

Ah, third-party. I did see Beast Wars, but I was hesitant to say Blackarachnia cause her alt form was just a giant spider, and that's how I tend to remember the characters by. Looks great, but I hope the price doesn't go too high for it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

The Goon posted:

If it's between this or a car downpayment, car wins. But it comes close. Oh, so very close.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Arsenal_12 posted:

I kind of want to hook that up to a subwoofer, get some bass and timbre to that voice.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Desfore posted:

Also, has there been any word on when Beast Hunters Megatron ships? I need that Shark Megatron.
Just to make sure you're aware, that spider isn't a mode, it's an accessory "drone" or something that snaps on to the bike and robot modes. Here's the full gallery: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/perfect-effect-pe-dx02-aranea-final-product-images-177804/. It still looks awesome, but a lot of people get the impression it's a triple-changer at first glance.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You might also want to get some info on the previous mold it's based on. It's definitely well-done but NOT for everyone. As in, it has loads and loads of separate parts.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Separate parts as in what? Like lots of cool accessories, or it's a partsformer to get it to go from motorcycle to 'bot?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Separate parts as in what? Like lots of cool accessories, or it's a partsformer to get it to go from motorcycle to 'bot?

Both actually. She partsforms like a motherfucker but each separate part has its use, so it's like cool accessories too. Technically she can go from robot to bike without any of the add-on parts but it doesn't look like a full bike. Again, it's a pretty cool toy, but a bit expensive for the size and if you don't like excessive extra parts then it's definitely not for you.

I don't know if this is true but I've also read that it feels a bit fragile. Never saw any reports of it breaking so maybe it was just fan BS.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

A little of both actually.

Extra weapons and if it's anything like Perfect Effect's Arcee then transformation will require a bit of parts-forming.

Hopefully a review will be out soon to clarify everything.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Lepecard posted:

A little of both actually.

Extra weapons and if it's anything like Perfect Effect's Arcee then transformation will require a bit of parts-forming.

Hopefully a review will be out soon to clarify everything.

It's an extensive remold of PE Arcee, so it will be that plus the extra partsforming that may be introduced by the spider accessories.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Arsenal_12 posted:

I remember growing up and having electronic toys with like 2, MAYBE 3 sound clip, tops.

Metroplex has loving thirteen. :stare:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

I remember growing up and having electronic toys with like 2, MAYBE 3 sound clip, tops.

Metroplex has loving thirteen. :stare:

"Metroplex heeds the call of the Last Prime." is the only one I need though. :allears:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

"Metroplex heeds the call of the Last Prime." is the only one I need though. :allears:

Yup, that drat phrase gives me chills every time I hear it.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The only problem is that there's no way to render Press E to destroy Megatron on the toy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RaspberryCommie posted:

The only problem is that there's no way to render Press E to destroy Megatron on the toy.

He needs a bluetooth module so you can trigger him with your phone.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Rhyno posted:

He needs a bluetooth module so you can trigger him with your phone.

Or at least a motion sensor.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

RaspberryCommie posted:

I don't know if I've laughed that hard at a video game since the golden age of Lucasarts adventure games.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

RaspberryCommie posted:

That one scene redeemed the whole game. It will be reenacted with Revoltech Megatron on my dresser.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, if anything we'll have some pretty neat cars in the movie:

Probably another Autobot.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That looks like...a Hot. Rod. Awww yeah. Prime gonna die, y'all.

And Hot Rod's going to be voiced by Shia. And then lead the Transformers as Rodimus Prime. With Shia's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I want to hear people try and pronounce "Huayra" onscreen.

I mean, give it a try. Go ahead.

"Hrraaywaah."

"Hhhwaawawah."

"Hhhhhoople."