Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

90's cgi probably.
That and a long, slow, episodic, and silly first season.

Really, I would just recommend watching The Trigger, Before the Storm, and Other Voices out of season 1 and then watching season's 2 and 3.
Those are the most relevant episodes to the ongoing plot of the latter seasons.
And the latter seasons have the intrigue and plotting that made the series something to remember.

I would also say The Spark is a key Season 1 episode, both because it introduced the spark/soul concept to the brand and because it establishes Rhinox firmly as the spiritual leader of the Maximals, which is key to understanding what he's doing in the opening eps of Season 2.

Also Spider's Game, because Inferno rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

There's no reason to ever read Spotlight: Arcee*,

You guys can rag on it all you want but as a big fan of body horror I find the concept of having gender forced upon a genderless alien to be compelling as hell. Jhiaxus's actions are consistent with his portrayal in the IDW-verse. People being offended at the story seems like an old school "sensitiver than thou" slapfight. Though in fairness I'm only a lifelong proponent of LGBT rights, not an actual transgendered (the allegedly offended persons) human, so maybe I need some help being brought around on this one.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I pretty much write off the first season of any TF show, except G1 of course in which it was actually by far the best written and drawn.

Also I wish anyone had the balls to actually delve into gender issues with stories about Arcee and maybe even other female Autobots, but Hasbro wouldn't touch that with a cis pole

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Pics of the rest of the botcon exclusives got leaked. More CHUG seeker repaints, but Sandstorm comes with a repaint of the CHUG kup mold as Electro which is pretty cool.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress, after seeing the Rainmakers now I want a set.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
How has that mold not desintegrated yet, is it made of platinum.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You guys can rag on it all you want but as a big fan of body horror I find the concept of having gender forced upon a genderless alien to be compelling as hell. Jhiaxus's actions are consistent with his portrayal in the IDW-verse. People being offended at the story seems like an old school "sensitiver than thou" slapfight. Though in fairness I'm only a lifelong proponent of LGBT rights, not an actual transgendered (the allegedly offended persons) human, so maybe I need some help being brought around on this one.

The concept is interesting but what's done with it is brainless and silly. What you describe would indeed be a really fascinating exploration of gender in Transformerdom, but Furman doesn't seem like he was up to the task or even considering it on the level you're talking about.

The Rage posted:

gently caress, after seeing the Rainmakers now I want a set.

Same. I am a tremendous shill for that mold, and Seekers in general.

Rumor is Metroplex will be for sale on the floor tomorrow, which is good for attendees since apparently he has come and gone at Amazon already.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 28, 2013

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I've gotta say I kinda wish I made the drive down to San Diego now to get an early Metroplex.

Here's pics of the rest of the exclusives. I like the Starscream, Mirage, and Sandstorm decos, I might pick them up if I can find them (comparatively) cheap. The Rainmakers are pretty cool too, though the blue one looks too much like Thundercracker.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2013-exclusive-souveniers-confirmed-update-pictures-added-177847/

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

So I grabbed Takara 30th Grimlock today. First time with the figure. And, well.....

It looked nice in the packaging.

:smith:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

4 Metroplexes (Metroplexi?) in stock on Amazon

I couldn't do it at 185 bucks

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Ka0 posted:

How has that mold not desintegrated yet, is it made of platinum.

Fun "We can't re-use molds we've already done for a BotCon before!" Pub

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Metroplex is going up for pre-order at BBTS on Monday. $110.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I would have loved to have seen the Rainmakers done up in the Terradive mold. Bleh.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The would not reuse the seeker mold so much if people would stop buying them. There will always be another color scheme used in some obscure place they can apply that's interesting to someone enough that they'll buy yet another of the same mold.

Like action master starscream, or the g2 seekers, or the unreleased g2 seekers (actually,why weren't starscream and ramjet's g2 getups part of the g2 set?), or some miscoloring from a panel of the comic or frame of the cartoon, etc

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I once got some people really angry at me for suggesting that, maybe, they could make an updated generations seeker mold. Think of all the repaint potential and people having to replace all their old seekers!

Then again I'm pretty weird in that I only have one version of the mold, and it's... Acid Storm. (I do love the little fucker though)

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
The MP Acid Storm looks awesome. Wish I hadn't got Thundercracker now.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Supposedly, BBTS is going to be putting metroplex up on Monday for delivery in August at $110. They're the one that have the pallets at botcon and those are $150 at the show.

Edit: oops. Missed a post a few above

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 28, 2013

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Do any of you guys collect those Kabaya combiner figures? I'm wondering what the quality is like there.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

The concept is interesting but what's done with it is brainless and silly. What you describe would indeed be a really fascinating exploration of gender in Transformerdom, but Furman doesn't seem like he was up to the task or even considering it on the level you're talking about.

Hmm you know I think I'll concede that point. I like the idea so much that I was probably letting my imagination do a lot of the heavy lifting that Furman (probably? I should re-read it again) didn't do.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I think I'm going to need help with series 2 micro changers. Anyone up for "middle-manning" to a messed up faraway land?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

SDCC exclusives:

6 inch figs: not very good

Shockwave G1 deco/playset: pretty nice, although all I'd want is Shockwave

SDCC Metroplex: oh yeah, well worth the premium

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Just picked up Sandstorm, he's basically perfect in every way (except for his gun, which just looks kind of goofy). He's just so solid and chunky and orange, I can't stop swooshing him around in VTOL mode :allears:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

no finer character to break tables with

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

no finer character to break tables with

METROPLEX HEEDS THE CALL OF THE WARM SHELF

Press 'ÿ' to get sold to anyone who isn't a speculator

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GD_American posted:

SDCC Metroplex: oh yeah, well worth the premium

Is this thing going to have an exclusive deco or some poo poo? I might just have to get one... or two.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Sire Oblivion posted:

Is this thing going to have an exclusive deco or some poo poo? I might just have to get one... or two.

SDCC version description indicates it's basically the Takara deco.

quote:

Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Edition
($149.99, HasbroToyShop.com or Comic-Con International booth #3329)
The largest converting Transformers toy changes from robot mode to rolling battle platform mode, and also converts into an Autobot city. This special-edition version features two giant blasters, metallic coated armor, chrome foil stickers, as well as a Legends-scale Scamper figure and 12 miniature Autobot and Decepticon figures to inhabit his Autobot city mode.

Very curious about the "12 miniature Autobot and Decepticon figures" mentioned at the end there.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

SDCC version description indicates it's basically the Takara deco.

Very curious about the "12 miniature Autobot and Decepticon figures" mentioned at the end there.

Upside at $149.99 it shouldn't sell out immediately on HTS after the Con.

Also Acid Storm gallery, and confirmation that he's MP-01 on the new numbering system, due out in July.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/masterpiece-acid-storm-botcon-2013-images-177877/

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

So I've been continuing my headlong dive into the world of Transformers because I have more money than sense a healthy appreciation of giant robots. It's led to some sad moments as poking around on TFWiki revealed to me that I used to own a G1 Optimus Prime as a kid and I have no idea where it's gone. :negative:

Not to worry though, I have a Springer on the way because it just looks so gosh darn purdy!
At some point I'd love to grab an Astrotrain and as I've had the pleasure of meeting Paul Eiding I feel compelled to get a Perceptor.

Outside of that, though, I have to admit that the range of figures available at the moment where I am is leaving me cold. I seem to have missed out on a lot of the Generations/FOC line which is a shame because I think I prefer them aesthetically to the Beast Hunters stuff. Another consideration is that being in Australia means some of this plastic is too pricy for the impulse purchases that I thrive on. The Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus does tempt me a little as MTMTE is rapidly making him my favourite. And Rodimus. And Whirl. And all of them. Roberts writes good characters.

After reading RID as well and not being overly familiar with the comics history I do have a question though - has Prowl always been such a colossal tool?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

After reading RID as well and not being overly familiar with the comics history I do have a question though - has Prowl always been such a colossal tool?

Pretty much, yes. Furman played up his tool status in the G1 comics, especially near the end, but the IDW comics have really broken new ground on Prowl's tooldom.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Metroplex available for preorder on Amazon.

$125 plus free shipping with Prime is probably as good as it's gonna get. Plus it ships on August 1st, which gives you some time to save and/or see if you manage to snag an SDCC version.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Metroplex available for preorder on Amazon.

$125 plus free shipping with Prime is probably as good as it's gonna get. Plus it ships on August 1st, which gives you some time to save and/or see if you manage to snag an SDCC version.

gently caress it, ordered one. Even if I don't want him I can easily flip it in a year for double the price right?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

gently caress it, ordered one. Even if I don't want him I can easily flip it in a year for double the price right?

I would not be at all surprised. This one's going to be in demand for a while, I think.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

I would not be at all surprised. This one's going to be in demand for a while, I think.

I figure if it's anything like MP-10 (got offered $400 for mine) it will be worth buying.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

I figure if it's anything like MP-10 (got offered $400 for mine) it will be worth buying.

Between the time I ordered one about 30 minutes ago and now, it jumped from something like toys and games bestseller rank 5,800 to rank 4,380. So uh...probably best to grab one now, yeah.

edit: lol, Cards Against Humanity is the number one bestseller on Amazon.com's toys and games list, as well as all of its expansions. I wonder if any parents are buying that thinking it'll be a fun game for their kids to play.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 29, 2013

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

I'm still kinda pissed that I never saw an MP-10 at retail, at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

I'm still kinda pissed that I never saw an MP-10 at retail, at all.

I saw three of them. Bought one, went back the next day and bought another. Two weeks later I felt stupid and returned one which ended up being incredibly stupid.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Another Bayformers truck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

Another Bayformers truck.

MOTORMASTER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

MOTORMASTER!

For some reason everyone thinks this is Ultra Magnus, but a silver and black truck plus an overload of supercars = Stunticons in my book. Of course, for all the logic Bay uses in his films they might well end up being the Predacons, but still, I think that's Motormaster, not Magnus.