Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
General Grevious as a Transformer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
They already did that.

In fact they might have done two of that.

They did a bunch of EP I Transformer stuff ages ago.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Weirdly, the only Episode I vehicles they've ever actually done are Darth Maul's ship and the droid tank. The rest has been either Clone Wars or OT stuff.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If you think about it, both franchises will have every anniversary every year

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It will out live us all.

WTB Optimus bot that transformers into life sized coffin for death.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Dabir posted:

If you think about it, both franchises will have every anniversary every year

This isn't Kamen Rider, some years are more significant than others.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Robot Style posted:

Weirdly, the only Episode I vehicles they've ever actually done are Darth Maul's ship and the droid tank. The rest has been either Clone Wars or OT stuff.

Time for the Naboo fighter to get a Transformers version

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

This isn't Kamen Rider, some years are more significant than others.

time is a predator that stalks us all our lives

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Got paid yesterday, so I dud the rational thing and picked up some reduced cost Transformers.

• Wheeljack (Movie version)
  • Optimus Prime (Animated series)
  • Bumblebee (Animated series)
  • Chase (Rescuebots)

I was actually surprised with how well their transformations came together for their small size. Bumblebee is slightly smaller than the VW Wheeljack and yet both have no wasted space in their vehicle mode.

Optimus has some cool posing and transforms completely differently from his other variations, but still feels a bit clunky.

Chase doesn't have the Rescuebots symbol, so screw that noise! Hopefully we get the others, Blades was the best kind of sassy.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'm in Australia and found that Wheeljack for 30 dollarydoos. A steal at that price.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think Chase is a better version of the mould than CJ. :colbert:

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Ugh. Masterpiece Ginrai images leaked and I'm gonna need to sell a kidney for him, cuz he ain't gonna be cheap and I have an affinity for that character (albeit as Powermaster Prime, but still).

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/03/29/mpg09-super-ginrai-first-look-507639

I'm probably gonna need to sell another organ for the inevitable black convoy repaint.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The new Cybertron Starscream is the bees knees

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shiftypenguin posted:

Ugh. Masterpiece Ginrai images leaked and I'm gonna need to sell a kidney for him, cuz he ain't gonna be cheap and I have an affinity for that character (albeit as Powermaster Prime, but still).

I'm probably gonna need to sell another organ for the inevitable black convoy repaint.

I'm waiting on better pictures to see how it holds up with Fans Hobby Power Baser.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shiftypenguin posted:

The trailer too nice!

The other pictures only showed Gin and the bot.

Hope they can fix windows being shown on both the front and back of the bot in normal mode.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Last Call posted:

The trailer too nice!

The other pictures only showed Gin and the bot.

Hope they can fix windows being shown on both the front and back of the bot in normal mode.

That's not something that's gonna be fixed cause there's nothing TO fix. That's simply how Ginrai works and will always work.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m interested in getting MP-36. I tried looking on eBay and I see prices run a decent gamut , I’m assuming some of these are KOs? How can you tell a KO from a real one? Also if there’s a KO that’s like, 90% as good as the original I’d also be interested

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

TaurusOxford posted:

That's not something that's gonna be fixed cause there's nothing TO fix. That's simply how Ginrai works and will always work.

Always thought it was dumb.

I'd gladly take a third party fix for it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Oh I agree it looks hella dumb. It's clearly a product of the engineering limitations of the time, but even third-parties that have made Ginrai haven't dared mess with it despite taking other design liberties. As silly as it is, it's too iconic to Ginrai's design to get rid of.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 29, 2024

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Fans Hobby's Thunderclash does the same thing, largely because I think it's a retool of their Ginrai

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's what Ginrai looks like in the show, so no MP is ever going to alter it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I still hope we get a Commander class PM Prime at some point, the MP figures tend to not be that enjoyable to fiddle with and PM Prime and all his accessories are made for that. Although I haven't bought an official MP in years since they switched to the toon styling.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

DoctorWhat posted:

It's what Ginrai looks like in the show, so no MP is ever going to alter it.

Thankfully third parties and accessories do what Hasbro doesn't.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Just include this as an accessory.

Problem solved.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
spawn cape megatron

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Knormal posted:

Just include this as an accessory.

Problem solved.

Ha, I actually thought about this image when doing the previous post.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Last Call posted:

But they don’t. That’s what people have been saying. All 3rd party takes on Ginrai do what the Masterpiece is doing

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
DA-100 has arrived today. I am giddy to assemble a very large mecha for all these tiny people to run around in.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Last Call posted:

There is no version of Ginrai that doesn't have the truck front on the robot's back. Both the toy and the anime depict him that way. Nobody is going to make one that doesn't look like that.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
We have to respect Ginrai’s body. No shame here.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's like those guys who wear masks on the backs of their heads so that tigers think twice about sneaking up on them, but for Decepticons where this was the last thing they saw before waking up in the CR chamber:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I found SS86 Sludge for 50% off which would put it at 2016 voyager class price. I just spend my monthly Transformers allowance on Legacy Silverbolt, but is seriously considering getting him. Sludge is cool, right?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The MSJ posted:

I found SS86 Sludge for 50% off which would put it at 2016 voyager class price. I just spend my monthly Transformers allowance on Legacy Silverbolt, but is seriously considering getting him. Sludge is cool, right?

Sludge is the brachiosaur, right? He's a big fun chonky toy, but probably the weakest of the 86 Dinos so far from a handfeel perspective. Deffo worth ~30 bucks tho.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Agreed that it's the weakest of the set but yeah if you are into Dinobots that's a pretty good price. I have liked the studio series Dinobots quite a bit overall. All the usual budget advice applies of course.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The MSJ posted:

I got him on a similar deal along with Inferno and Tarantulas cheap, and he's my favourite of the three. Bit tricky snapping his "wings" into place around all the parts that you have to stuff in.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Keldroc posted:

There is no version of Ginrai that doesn't have the truck front on the robot's back. Both the toy and the anime depict him that way. Nobody is going to make one that doesn't look like that.

I know. I owed the version that came out what, 20 years ago? The one with God Bomber. Before that as a kid my friend had PowerMaster Optimus. The one where his fist in trailer mode had no way to be hidden.

It's goofy looking is all I'm saying. I rather they made a different chest with no windows or simply had the basic Optimus back rotate around to become his front.

It's one of those little quibbles one some times has with something.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay but you said 3rd parties will pick up the slack here when we gave reasons why they won’t.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nodosaur posted:

Okay but you said 3rd parties will pick up the slack here when we gave reasons why they won’t.

And I can't hope someone won't?

Stop being so whiny.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Finally!

https://twitter.com/tfhypeguy/status/1774199223254143244?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
There he is!