Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Knormal posted:

Man, toy photographers love their crotch thrusts.

Is that an ab crunch or are you just happy to see me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Hey Megatron, guess where I got the Matrix?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cowslips Warren posted:

Hey Megatron, guess where I got the Matrix?

He has the touch!

He has the powwwwwahhh! Yeah!

---

Anyway I just noticed something. BigBadToyStore seems to have some kind of rotating 30%-ish off sale going on for their Fans Toys not-Masterpiece stock. Right now their Hoist, Skullcruncher, Sludge and Springer are on sale. Trailbreaker, Swoop, Scourge (the Sweep), Outback, Seaspray, Cerebros, Mindwipe, Perceptor and Swerve are not... at this time. If any of those characters sound neat to you, keep an eye out for them going on sale!

Fans Toys are not cheap, but a third off brings them closse to Takara prices. I took the chance with their Trailbreaker when it was his turn for 30% off and it's an amazing figure, blows the Takara one out of the water. They make good quality stuff, and I'm a huge Trailbreaker mark. Anyway, keep an eye out just in case any of those characters call to you.

They also had both the American and Japanese the toy color Astrotrains for 50% off... didn't move fast enough on that one.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Knormal posted:

It's such a weird way to pose figures. Flame Toys(?) early model kits were built to have that pose and it was the number one reason I never picked any up.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
hey now we know my man Shockwave can't do it because his chest would be in the way.

You know, I really don't care for Earthspark, the designs are horrible, and so many characters act so odd, but I loving love Shockwave with whatever tiny bot he's got and threatening Megatron with.

Megatron: Let him go!
Shockwave: Oh. OH this one is important to you? Let me show you what it's like to lose something important to you.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Anora posted:

It's such a weird way to pose figures. Flame Toys(?) early model kits were built to have that pose and it was the number one reason I never picked any up.

It's a fairly typical hero stance for super robots, and an easy way to make a toy look more dynamic even in an otherwise boring pose.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Shattered Glass ER Optimus Prime and Ratchet up on Pulse! Go!

EDIT: also WFC Jetfire, I guess.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 16, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Knormal posted:

I may dislike the back piece, but it's hard to deny this overall does look good.

It's definitely better in this form than powered up with the trailer.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I...had no idea this game existed. An angry birds game crossed with transformers that seems to be a run and gun sidescroller? Weird. Nice theme though apparently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8-5hnwtw6I&hd=1

I do like that one of them transforms into a washing machine. I kinda wish there were more mundane transformers like that one that transforms into a toaster.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Captain Invictus posted:

I...had no idea this game existed. An angry birds game crossed with transformers that seems to be a run and gun sidescroller? Weird. Nice theme though apparently

I do like that one of them transforms into a washing machine. I kinda wish there were more mundane transformers like that one that transforms into a toaster.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I swear we got one for that at one point, didn't we?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Oh yeah Dispensor exists and is great. I have him in a bin somewhere

Although I did not know there was also a one-of-these-guys of him, that I must now purchase

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

TaurusOxford posted:

It's a fairly typical hero stance for super robots, and an easy way to make a toy look more dynamic even in an otherwise boring pose.

Not as pronounced as the flame toys ones usually.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sockser posted:

Oh yeah Dispensor exists and is great. I have him in a bin somewhere

Although I did not know there was also a one-of-these-guys of him, that I must now purchase

I actually think I have the tiny statue of him, but I was never able to find the actual proper transformer, if you don't want him would you sell him?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Man, I was transforming Legacy Bulkhead the other day, and what a creative transformation process that also makes me a bit anxious when re-figuring it out because there's some weird hidden joints and some of them you really gotta force open, especially the hidden waist joint.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Captain Invictus posted:

It was pretty fun early on but starter getting bogged down with event items and microtransactions. The washing machine thing happens to any character when they get hit by a missile.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So apparently it's "Jinrai" and I've been pronouncing it wrong.

\/\/\/ Big J, apparently, according to Hasbro.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 17, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The big G is up for preorder if you want him

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/273711?o=1

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/273709?o=1

One with trailer and the other without.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Looks like Siege Jetfire reissue is back up to pre-order too

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
That Jetfire is great, I love him.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

who the heck is "squeezeplay?"

Never heard of them. Neat alt mode.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Happy 100th birthday to artist Earl Norem

https://www.camphortree.net/tf/books/kidstuff/rally/rally-full.html

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I had a G1 Squeezeplay, it was neat. This looks good too.

The pictures include a Minerva based on the Legacy Elita-1 mold, I can't recall anyone having discussed that before or if I missed it. Presumably other Masterforce figures to come too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

who the heck is "squeezeplay?"

Never heard of them. Neat alt mode.

Squeezeplay is what I pay a lil extra for when I hit up the strip club

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hasbro sittin on a mint not releasing a Big loving Cadillac playset for Megatron to zap dudes from

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

The pictures include a Minerva based on the Legacy Elita-1 mold, I can't recall anyone having discussed that before or if I missed it. Presumably other Masterforce figures to come too.

It was a Walgreens exclusive for the first year of Legacy, so might have been talked about a couple of years ago.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Sure, Megatron being in a big sinister spy car and popping up out of it to shoot is pretty cool, but is it this cool:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So apparently it's "Jinrai" and I've been pronouncing it wrong.

\/\/\/ Big J, apparently, according to Hasbro.

"Jinrai" is just straight up wrong, but Ginrai IS pronounced like Jif, not Gif.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I always assumed it was a hard g to make God Ginrai sound alliterative.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's "God Jinrai" to sound like "Gojira".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

It's "God Jinrai" to sound like "Gojira".

Now I wish there's a Trypticon-like mecha Ginrai can merge with. Like the Dragon Megazord or whatever the dragon thing from Gridman/Superhuman Samurai is called.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Legacy Silverbolt showed up and he's cool. Overall the bot is bigger than the original which is nice. Strangely the wings seem smaller. I would've been a little bit happier if they were larger, but oh well. Nice update to the original from 25 years ago.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It seems like they were trying to pull some clever trick to make the wings look equally complete with or without the feather clubs attached and the result is some proportional weirdness. In all honesty though I'm okay with smaller wings because it makes it easier to shelve him.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Last Call posted:

Sure, Megatron being in a big sinister spy car and popping up out of it to shoot is pretty cool, but is it this cool:

Prime watched Fury Road in the theater eight times and the ushers had to come in and shush him every single time

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That image makes me want to see more Action Masters getting transforming re-imagining.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

Prime watched Fury Road in the theater eight times and the ushers had to come in and shush him every single time

i am again reminded of the scene in TF Prime where Starscream and Knock Out are faced with a zombicon.

"Aim for the head!"

"What? How do you know!"

"I have seen human horror films! ........in drive-in theaters!"

Ah, never change, Knock Out. rear end in a top hat Con who street raced with humans because it was fun.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Big titty Transformers One Optimus.

I like the look, but the vehicle mode might be new levels of laziness when it comes to hiding the hands.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Knormal posted:

Big titty Transformers One Optimus.

I like the look, but the vehicle mode might be new levels of laziness when it comes to hiding the hands.

That's only as lazy as the Earthrise Huffer mould really. Can't really tell what size that is though, is it a deluxe?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fil5000 posted:

That's only as lazy as the Earthrise Huffer mould really. Can't really tell what size that is though, is it a deluxe?

It is! I don't think he's that bad. I would have been happy with that as the Siege design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

In addition to being a deluxe, this figure is internally being classified as "A-Level". This is something they've been doing with Star Wars Black Series, where Optimus here and the upcoming SS86 Bumblebee are going to exist outside the normal wave/assortment system and be perennially available.