Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Joe Fisto posted:

Yellow car man

That's a funny looking Bumblebee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Joe Fisto posted:

Yellow car man

spock-looking motherfucker

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

spock-looking motherfucker

You try calling him a green-blooded hobgoblin, see how far y'get

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
god drat these look nice
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/275026?o=10

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/85658?o=10

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Heh clicked on those and then decided to look and see if there was anything else new. A Ghostbusters/Optimus Prime mix up is not something I expected to see.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They already did an MP10 ghostbusters prime

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Medullah posted:

Heh clicked on those and then decided to look and see if there was anything else new. A Ghostbusters/Optimus Prime mix up is not something I expected to see.

Nobody get too excited, it's a non transforming truck with a photo of Optimus on the bottom.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dabir posted:

Nobody get too excited, it's a non transforming truck with a photo of Optimus on the bottom.

LOL I didn't even notice that, what a scam.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

Can confirm. I have the Nemesis one because Nemesis and it was like 75% off at Target. It rolls and the chrome parts feel cheap.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Lol I thought you meant a photo of OP on the box, not under the toy itself.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

TheDK posted:

Can confirm. I have the Nemesis one because Nemesis and it was like 75% off at Target. It rolls and the chrome parts feel cheap.

Somehow they managed to give the Decepticon logo a fivehead.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

TheDK posted:

There's a few Transformers and knock offs like this.

You got the vehicle mode and you stand it up and hey there's a robot underneath! That does nothing.

It's weird.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yeah, they also had those Hot Wheels style toys back during the early movie era:

I guess it's better than just leaving the bottoms blank, and it makes sense that they'd want a kids toy to have a representation of the robot as well in some fashion, but it's weird for things that are aimed at adult model car collectors who theoretically should be interested in total vehicle accuracy.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
They look like the bot got killed and their body mostly remade into vehicle coffins.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I saw these and was impressed by ultra chonkus, but was confused - are the trailer and the unarmored bot two separate purchases to combine into the one?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

They're separate and combine:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/chrometyranno/status/1783302851495674310?s=46

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I actually like this better than Jhiaxus because Dr J always looked too rectangular in jet mode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think he looks pretty good!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Yeah looks alright - I didn't really get involved in the Cybertron era that much, I think I had Prime and Wing Sweeper but they wound up in a box somewhere that I think my kids have got now. Oh, and I remember how that guy said "DESTROOYYY" in the opening titles.

Are there particular toys/characters from the era that it'd be good for Legacy to revisit? Bit of a bind spot for me.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Robot Style posted:

They're separate and combine:

Do you need both to form the chonker, or does the big lad transform on its own and the combination is a nice extra?

That looks so much better than Jhiaxus

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DigitalRaven posted:

Do you need both to form the chonker, or does the big lad transform on its own and the combination is a nice extra?

The latter one! The big Magnus came out a couple of years ago, and this is a new internal bot that fits inside.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Robosen Megatron is just a big Combiner Wars version??

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s06YE02e844

Hasbro Pulse Transformers fanstream.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The inevitable Side Burn finally makes his appearance! And Cybertron Hot Shot, that's neat. My local shop has had the Hot Rod-style redeco of the original toy in for a while, no planet key though. Been considering picking it up, it's a very stylish car.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, leader Straxus at some point.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Hope we'll still be able to turn him into a battlemech

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Probably tooled from Galvatron.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Magmatron is in stock at BBTS.

Now I wait for one more thing before shipping my pile of loot.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Hasbro is real bad at letting me know when these things are happening

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Movie trailer made it look fun. Weird for sure. Reminds me of detective pikachu in that it's a big departure from the expected. It could be good?

I found G2 grimlock on clearance at walmart for $27, so I got 'em. First purchase since christmas. mostly bare shelves.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Apparently the idea's been floating around for a while.

There was a leaked listing for Leader Straxus in 2022, and he was part of a pitch for the unproduced WFC follow-up series for Netflix, complete with concept art:

Though considering it's a Comic Edition character, I'm guessing he'll have a more traditional design than the mishmash Legacy version they were thinking about doing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

If Shockwave can have Optimus' head, surely Straxus can come with Scrounge's (special) arm.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

If Shockwave can have Optimus' head, surely Straxus can come with Scrounge's (special) arm.

I dunno, that makes it sound like there's another arm like Scrounge's

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Has skullcrotch always been a thing with Straxus? Looks like Death's Head...

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Marmaduke! posted:

Not really, in the comic he was like a bulkier version of the "pre accident" design above and then he was just a head floating in a jar of liquid, he didn't have a "post accident" independently mobile form.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Marmaduke! posted:

It looks like he looted Skullgrin.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah looks alright - I didn't really get involved in the Cybertron era that much, I think I had Prime and Wing Sweeper but they wound up in a box somewhere that I think my kids have got now. Oh, and I remember how that guy said "DESTROOYYY" in the opening titles.

Are there particular toys/characters from the era that it'd be good for Legacy to revisit? Bit of a bind spot for me.

A number of the original toys suffered from excessive kibbles, especially the ones that are cars. Like Blurr and Dirt Boss. I would love to see an update with better transformation.

I would also love to see new versions of Soundwave and Scorponok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That Scorponok as first released was awesome.