Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
That's Elita-1, to be voiced by Ru Paul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22897&mode=retail

BBTS Metroplex pre-order opens July 1 (Monday) $109.99

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Probably only worth it if you don't have Amazon Prime. That sucker's going to cost at least $15 to ship from BBTS, I'll wager.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

SpikeMcclane posted:

That's Elita-1, to be voiced by Ru Paul.

I have absolutely no problem with this.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Considering how racist, sexist, and (probably) homophobic Bay is, it'd be a pretty demeaning role

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

GD_American posted:

Considering how racist, sexist, and (probably) homophobic Bay is, it'd be a pretty demeaning role

Well, considering a few of the jokes consist of a punchline being 'lol that's gay' homophobic is up there too, yeah.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man. I got a couple of 4 cards by cashing in medals in TF Legends, so now I'm pissed every time I don't get 4 level cards.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Just caught up on about 10 issues of MTMTE in the last 2 days, and wow. Meta bomb! Chromedome and Rewind! Cyclonus singing! What fantastic fiction.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Probably only worth it if you don't have Amazon Prime. That sucker's going to cost at least $15 to ship from BBTS, I'll wager.

With tax and Prime shipping Amazon is $135 for me.

With no tax and shipping BBTS is $125.

Now to decide if saving :10bux: is worth the extra wait time.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

quote:

Due to the world's largest online retailer breaking the on-site date of 7/1 on this item and listing early, we are forced to protect the large investment we've made in this figure and also list preorders.

I had ordered from Amazon but I'm considering cancelling and just going to BBTS. I doubt Amazon had bad intentions, but gently caress em, support the toy store.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

GD_American posted:

I had ordered from Amazon but I'm considering cancelling and just going to BBTS. I doubt Amazon had bad intentions, but gently caress em, support the toy store.

If anyone wants BotCon toys, I want to sell a whole set (minus the attendee Starscream)

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Don't forget that Amazon isn't afraid to price match, so there's a definite possibility that they'll drop their price to 110 by the beginning of August as well.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

quote:

Due to the world's largest online retailer breaking the on-site date of 7/1 on this item and listing early, we are forced to protect the large investment we've made in this figure and also list preorders.

Hahahaha, listen to that spite. "Boo hoo hoo, how could Amazon, the worlds' largest online retailer, stoop so low as to disenfranchise our tiny mom-and-pop online toy store with its predatory selling practices and inability to inform customers about shipping delays?"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I know opinions on BBTS are mixed but I've always had phenomenal customer service from them. I don't even mind their prices being higher at times because they're pretty upfront about their business model.

I also understand why they'd be pissed. Amazon breaking embargo probably cost them quite a few sales.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

oh poo poo just announced

Swerve (MTMTE style)
Tailgate
IDW Bumblebee
IDW Skids

AND loving CLASSICS COSMOS AT LAST- LEGENDS CLASS

e- and Doubledealer, and they're still announcing

double e- Voyager class Rhinox (new mold)

VOYAGER CLASS WHIRL

GD_American fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 29, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also deluxe Armada Starscream and Blitzwing's redeco is... Doubledealer?

Oh holy crap deluxe BW Waspinator. and VOYAGER RHINOX and WHIRL (MTMTE)!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

12 minifigs with SDCC Metroplex will be like the decoys

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That episode of TFP was 14 minutes of disappointment coupled with probably the best fight in any Transformers media I can think of.

Blackheart posted:

Also deluxe Armada Starscream
Is that a repaint or a new mold? Because man I never watched Armada but I love that design/scheme.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

New mold apparently.

I liked the episode, but I felt the bot mode reveal was a bit underwhelming. But you're right, the fight was pretty awesome. I really thought UM would bite it though.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 29, 2013

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

GD_American posted:

Swerve (MTMTE style)
Tailgate
IDW Skids
VOYAGER CLASS WHIRL

Holy cow yes! I stopped getting figures after Animated cause I was content with my little collection. But god drat you Hasbro. You know how to pull me back in.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

GD_American posted:

Swerve (MTMTE style)
VOYAGER CLASS WHIRL

Awww motherfucking yesssss

If Swerve does not come with either My First Blaster or The Shoomer, I will be vaguely disappointed, but I'll still buy him. Also thank christ almighty, I don't have to buy the FOC combiner version of Whirl anymore.

EDIT:
~*SPACE DOORBELL*~

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

As I'd hoped and sort of expected, Hasbro is finally remembering Beast Wars.

Good stuff.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
THAT loving RHINOX

e: Swerve and Cosmos are Legends, and I swear the little guys they come with are Micromasters!

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 29, 2013

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I never thought Hasbro would make new Beast Wars style transformers again. I'm glad to see they look great, and I hope the do well!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Lots of good stuff, but during the panel the Hasbro rep said they wanted to go back to simpler transformations. Basically turning Cyberverse Commanders in Deluxes/Voyagers. I sure hope that doesn't mean less articulation and detail, but if it did it would be par for the course so far.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Transmetal Tarantulus. Please announce Transmetal Tarantulus!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Transmetal Tarantulas is already perfect, curse you :argh:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

The Rage posted:

Lots of good stuff, but during the panel the Hasbro rep said they wanted to go back to simpler transformations. Basically turning Cyberverse Commanders in Deluxes/Voyagers. I sure hope that doesn't mean less articulation and detail, but if it did it would be par for the course so far.

I've got news:

yes that is a loving deluxe

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

3 posted:

I've got news:

Goddamn I hope thats just for Prime:BH molds and doesn't bleed over into Generations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah, the Transmetal figures are pretty solid overall, I'm okay waiting on those. The Season 1 characters have needed decent figures for 17 years.

Edit: Does...does that Deluxe not have loving elbows? :stonk:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Whirl might get me into this stupid hobby. I almost bought Springer last night but decided against it, but I love Whirl as a character.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Rage posted:

Goddamn I hope thats just for Prime:BH molds and doesn't bleed over into Generations.
Probably won't, but Generations probably takes a nap in 10 months anyway.

Also that's not CVC, that's CVL level. Ugh.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

If those are literally scaled-up Legends, does that mean you'll be able to make that terrible Abominus out of Deluxes now? Because that might actually cross the line into awesome.

Edit: Oh, and good call putting out another repaint of the Voyager Predaking mold, Hasbro. That won't clog shelves up more or anything.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

3 posted:

I've got news:

That... that has to be a unique case, right? Hasbro can't expect to people to buy a line of these, can they?

EDIT: Wait, no. There's more of them. What the gently caress Hasbro; you show off cool new beast transformers, and now this crap?

Desfore fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 29, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wow, I thought it was a mistake but those really are deluxes... Also a new voyager OP and Predaking? What the gently caress.

Yyyyyyeah even I can't defend this.

But hey every other reveal is pretty awesome, I'm very happy overall.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

Yyyyyyeah even I can't defend this.

At least back in Armada, when they were putting out relative hunks of wood like Smokescreen and Blurr, at least you got a Minicon alongside the hunk of wood. Sometimes the Minicon was even a little better articulated!

e: Awesome that we're getting Gundam HeavyarmsSkids though.

Phy fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 29, 2013

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Phy posted:

At least back in Armada, when they were putting out relative hunks of wood like Smokescreen and Blurr, at least you got a Minicon alongside the hunk of wood. Sometimes the Minicon was even a little better articulated!

e: Awesome that we're getting Gundam HeavyarmsSkids though.

Yeah but you're getting a sword with your hunk of wood. MSRP $14.99.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The display case photos are showing up now, if you wanna see some of the hilariously mistransformed new toys and handpainted prototypes. Wazzzzzpinator and Rhinox are glorious.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

As long as those upscaled legends are a cheaper subline or at the very least stay on the Beast Hunters side I think that's actually a good idea. I know as a kid I used to be annoyed having to stop playing to transform some of the more complex G1 figures like Jetfire, and those guys are nothing compared to a modern figure. For kids simple figures are good, and Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing that on the Generations side. Those new Generations deluxes and voyagers are gorgeous.

In other, third-party, news, loving FINALLY:

From the guys that did the FoC Omega Supreme, so it actually has a chance of coming out.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/planet-x-fall-of-cybertron-swoop-177881/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Swerve and Skids are great representations of their MTMTE designs.