Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can't believe we finally got a new thread, and it wasn't called the Galvathread. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sentinel Red posted:

or those weirdos who prefer dogs to cats. :colbert:

Is it any coincidence that both Soundwave and Blaster have kitties in their entourages?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So apparently the UK is getting the Arms Micron stuff...?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Phy posted:

After that "MARBs or MAABS" line in issue 17, Brainstorm kinda needs to have an English accent. I've been going with James May.

A lot of the Lost Light crew use English idiom/turn of phrase, so I tend to hear most of them talking in RP, unless they're actual cartoon characters.

Roberts said that Overlord sounds like John Simm as the Master, but I couldn't hear that, because that's a really small weaselly voice. I hear him more as Malcolm McDowell or Derek Jacobi. Sort of Caligula-esque.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Arsenal_12 posted:

To go along with that, here's the sound clips it comes with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfu7MNYoKSA

I kind of want to hook that up to a subwoofer, get some bass and timbre to that voice.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MB13 posted:

if you've got a 3D Printer, you can now make your own Timey-Wimey Optimus Primey:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:106595

Jesus. Look, the future of toy manufacturing just happened. Now all I need is a 3D printer..

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

What... what have you guys done to me? :psyduck:

Buggered if I know. :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The London comic shop I bought FOC Ultra Magnus from had Springer, Blitzwang and Sandstorm! Spring/wang were £35 ($50) each, but Sandstorm was £40 ($60)... Definitely not paying that. Although seeing them in the plastic was exciting, and dang, they are surprisingly huge!

Also, re-reading MTMTE #18, I realised we see Chromedome's altmode for the first time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well, now DOMA's been canned, I can go marry my boo, and buy TFs as was intended. From an American Target.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Awesome, congrats! :toot:

I'm always so confused as to where you're from. Half the time I think you live in Britain, the other half the time I think you're from Oregon.

Thanks! I'm from London, and I live here now, but I did live in the US for five years, in Baton Rouge, LA for college (Geaux Tigers!). The Oregon thing, I have no clue, other than I was in Seattle for a week last October? :confused:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I was going to say you're wrong, but I realized that, no, you're correct, since DOMA would prevent you from using being married as a way to enter the country. (I think a lot of people are confused and think lifting DOMA means gay marriage is legal nationwide which is, sadly, not the case at all.)

In any case, congrats!

Yeah, already today alone, one couple's deportation case has been quashed by a judge. It's exciting times!

http://thinkprogress.org/immigration/2013/06/26/2220411/doma-immigration-judge-stops-deportation/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Keldroc posted:

All I can say is that with next year being the 30th anniversary, the BotCon exclusives better be mindblowing.

Childlike optimism is such a wonderful thing. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Is there one specific page I can look at that has all the upcoming toy releases in one place? What's coming out in what line, and roughly at what time?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

GD_American posted:

Considering how racist, sexist, and (probably) homophobic Bay is, it'd be a pretty demeaning role

Well, considering a few of the jokes consist of a punchline being 'lol that's gay' homophobic is up there too, yeah.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ohhhh Skids! Welp, Hasbro has my money for the foreseeable future.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I still want to see Tailgate and Whirl, but I am ridiculously excited.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That means they're not doing a new Chromedome? :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Keldroc posted:

I feel like we've just seen practically everything we're going to see until the movie line takes over next May.

I sincerely hope not, if they're really going for the 30th anniversary thing. All we're left with unseen is Tailgate and Whirl, and I imagine them hitting early 2014.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Keldroc posted:

So that black and silver truck that we thought was probably Motormaster? Yeah, probably Nemesis Prime, it turns out. Which I guess is obvious in hindsight.

Nemesis Prime, herald of Unicron? :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Maybe Hasbro is releasing the IDW characters as a way of testing the water with MTMTE on the general public? :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

RiD doesn't grab me in the same way too. While MTMTE is awesome hilarious adventure with intricate arc plotting and earned payoff, RiD is all serious and more of the War, even though the War is over/restarting/whatever it's doing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Plus Ramondelli keeps doing the occasional issue, and I loathe his artwork.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

You know, with Prime pretty much wrapped up (save for lovely 2014 toy dregs), Hasbro have to be at least planning for the next tv series, right? What was the turn around between Animated ending and Prime being announced?

Deceptive Thinker, any vague word you can say?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

fygar posted:

I'd like to add a couple of concepts for this hypothetical G3:

- A Nextwave-style comic parody where the second-tier characters branch off to form a new faction

You know, now I think about it, MTMTE isn't that far off. If it ramped up the wackiness to 11, you wouldn't have to change much at all.

Keldroc posted:

This brings up the excellent point that they have never actually explored the time period between G1 Season 2 and the animated movie. Seems like there's probably some fertile storytelling ground somewhere in the intervening 20 years.

All I can think about there is the Animatrix short 'The Next Renaissance' and the founding of Zero-One, the machine city, and how well that turned out.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 4, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My TRU had 2 MP-10s in yesterday. But at £99 (~$150-160) each, they're not the reselling bargain they might seem.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Keldroc posted:

I roll a Transformer maybe three or four times.

While going "Doo-dee-doo-dee-doo". :haw:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheDK posted:

TF:Prime Human Alliance w/ Agent Fowler. Name your price, Hasbro. :swoon:

Wait, this is a thing?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So this is the panel at SDCC we're keeping an eye on. And one particular phrase stands out..

Hasbro: Transformers 30th Anniversary
One of pop culture's most prolific brands kicks off its 30th anniversary celebration at Comic-Con International! Join members of the Transformers brand and design team to celebrate the legacy of "Robots in Disguise" and get a "More Than Meets The Eye" first look at the Thrilling 30 line of special-edition action figures. Transformers team members will also host a Q&A for your burning Transformers questions!
Thursday July 18, 2013 12:00pm - 1:00pm Room 25ABC

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheDK posted:

Sadly, no, just an idea I had when I was watching the latest episode of Prime. But I would buy it without hesitation, even if it was another fuckin' Bumblebee. I'd probably buy a June Darby HA too.

Aww. HA Breakdown with interchangeable head and Silas figure that you can pull apart would be wicked.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

You people and your cute 'bought one'. I still have my Scorponok from when I was 8. :smug:

I wish I knew where his many, many parts are. :saddowns:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Every so often a tiny orange part will surface from the house (usually from a box in the loft/garage) and I'll realise what it is about 2 days after I shrug and put it back/throw it away. :sigh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The CHUG Sky Lynx shaped hole in my life will not stand for much longer.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

LightsGameraAction posted:

Agreed. They chose the worst drat Beast Hunters mold to homage him too.

There's a Sky Lynx homage? Excuse me I have to go check the BH lineup.

Edit: oh man, that's hideous.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 10, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

strangehamster posted:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23058556&skuid=16503857

Kind of expensive for Sandstorm, but there you go. TRU ships internationally.

It's better than the £35 ($50) from a comic store or [NOT AVAILABLE IN THE UK] at TRU. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I've just been sending out my friends in the US to the toy aisle when they visit a Target or TRU and seeing what they can find.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheDK posted:

But then they wouldn't sell as many of these t-shirts:

Is that genuine? Because's loving disgusting.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So the official photo for Whirl is a hell of a lot more MTMTE-esque.

Also: Tailgate, Skids and Shrapnel:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Phy posted:

It's still really, really Dorvack/G1. Like almost slavishly so.

The head is dead on "No, your expression is more like this". And I think with some finagling you can make his legs more backwards bendy.

I'm sure someone will steal Sandstorm's rotors and make Whirl even more comic accurate.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The biggest draw for me is the other gun, just for symmetry's sake.

Are there any pics of the decoys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I was hoping MP Soundwave wouldn't hit shelves for a few more weeks, at least until I got over to the US. If he's out now, I have to coerce friends to visit TRUs for me, and shell out $120 :/