Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

Holy gently caress! Is that set going to be mass-produced? Or am I going to have to pay scalper prices on eBay?

Yes, you can buy it from the online Lego shop or a real bricks and mortar Lego store from Aug 1st. Lego's been really good with its Cuusoo stuff. There's a Minecraft set that people have tried scalping on, so Lego just released more of it to stores.

Edit: store link: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-DeLorean-time-machine-21103

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So TRU is saying that it'll get more MP Soundwaves in stores and online in late August.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ominously, Metroplex has vanished from the TRU website on the eve of his release.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Roberts named this piece of Doctor Who soundtrack as the soundtrack for the entirety of the Remain in Light story arc, and I'd say it's remarkably apt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjmGZfHHC80

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lepecard posted:

Hey everyone, check out the new Thew video!

At least link it, you berk.

Yes yes, y'all, it's SPRINGER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykv1NkfEcuo

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

revtoiletduck posted:

I like the Grimlock. The other one is kind of weird.

The tessellation one is based off an Escher drawing, and is rather clever. :)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I don't know who this comic shop is blowing, but they have the first wave of IDW deluxes in right now. And at a reasonable (for the UK) price. Only £17.99 (~$25) each. Considering a store around the corner has wave 1 of the Pacific Rim figures for £40 ($60) EACH, that's an actual bargain. I'm going to pick up Trailbreaker, but both Megatron and Orion Pax are looking pretty nifty too...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rythe posted:

Now to figure out what I am going to do with the second one, the first one is so going to get played with tonight.

Heyyyyy buddy! How you doin'?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Nah it's cool, I can't really afford it right now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TRU UK have a MP Soundwave listing, but it's 119.99 pounds. So about $200. So much for competitive pricing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So I've picked up Trailcutter, Megatron and Orion Pax, and I have to admit all three are decent looking figures.

Orion is far better than either of the two FoC Optimi and looks pretty decent in any pose you want to put him in. The vehicle mode is a bit pony, with the cab window section not sitting flush with the hood, but I'm not sure if that's intentional or not. For a Cybertronian vehicle mode, it's very Earth like. There's also a mistake on the instructions that says you need to turn his legs around when in fact you need to rotate his entire waist.

Megatron is interesting. Clearly they wanted him to be a voyager too. There's little bits that push out and up on him, in a vague attempt to make him seem bigger and wider. It's an effect that's slightly ruined the moment you stand him next to any other figure. Also, pink fists. Nice alt mode though, very sleek and sexy. Shame they've already done away with it in the comics.

Trailbreaker I talked about before, and while I'm glad to have him (and I'm waiting for Hoist more than anything), he might be my least favourite of the three. He's still drat good, though.

One thing all three have in common is veeeery tiny heads. What's with that?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, I really wish they'd made him a Voyager. He was so drat huge and imposing in the comic and the Deluxe is just sort of "HI THERE!" next to the others. Still, at least they made him.

Oh, absolutely. I'm really glad they're going to the IDW well for inspiration. The only one I've ducked out on so far is Bumblebee because I already own a classics Bee and he's awesome. Actually, I own 2, because I have the Legends one too. If you're generous, he could be in scale with these new deluxes. I need to make him a walking stick.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DrChud posted:

Now I just have to talk myself into buying Acid Storm, my next gen game system money is taking a hit, is he worth it?

Here's a tip. Don't buy a next gen console until at least 6 months after it's out. You won't have to deal with all the early adopter niggles that arise unforeseen, and it'll be a lot cheaper.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So Nick Roche has revealed on twitter, he did concept artwork for voyager Sandstorm back in 2010 for Hasbro, and they engineered from there. So Sandstorm is the original, and they refitted Springer from that...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm choosing to believe that that is Bay trolling people. It's clearly a dwarf from LotR.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Like a.. Dominus Ambus?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Thanks for bringing that up cause I've been wondering why they chose that Bludgeon mold for Megatron. If Keldroc gets to gripe for a cab with armor trailer Magnus then I get to demand a proper G2 Megatron with a shoulder cannon. Not a cannon arm or samurai cosplay. IDW is standing in for the unreleased bomber Megs on my shelf though so at least there's that...

Unreleased bomber Megatron? I have one at home. Or are you talking some never-appearing Voyager class version?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Personally I'm hoping TRU have ordered enough they start to shelfwarm a little.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

2 Nova Primes before a Rung is made. Tsk, it's a goddamn crime.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

It's almost like 2007 and 2011 are four years apart!

I think I get your point, but LSotW was 2010 and Ironfist has had 2 figures too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Keldroc posted:

I didn't see this posted yet, but even if it was, it deserves repeating.

Swerve tells a story.

And now Swerve has a voice in my head.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm sure a dozen Shapeways projects for replacement Soundwave hands/fingers are already underway. It's a lame-rear end design oversight to be sure. I'm just keeping paranoid for now.

Is it similar to MP-10 OP's? I've almost lost his pointing digit a few times. It just pops right out when he wants the shuttles readied for launch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ha I remember when Epic Heroes was an actual physical store for about, ooh, 8 months. It was really close to me and dude had loads of TFs, but, just like now it seems, they were all waaaay overpriced.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Goldskull posted:

Was it on the main road in Edgware or am I thinking of something else? And I have no intention of buying that at all, and certainly not from there, it just popped up on my Facebook feed and I was all 'HOW MUCH?"

That's the one, yup. Just down from the nice Chinese buffet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm also hoping that Tailgate becomes the next Ultra Magnus.

isnt that a given?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Goldskull posted:

Ah right then. I didn't know it was going as bricks & mortar anymore, it's probably 8 years since I've been up that way and it was more of a comic shop. I remember them having lots of McFarlane Toys Venoms though. Lots and lots of them.

No no, it's not. Like I said, it lasted about 8 months as an actual store. I remember lots of over priced g1 re-releases. It's a nail salon now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm off to the US in less than two weeks. TRU had better have a MP Soundwave and/or Metroplex.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I don't think GD_American wants to go to Louisiana.

I like the thrill of the hunt, personally, but thanks all the same. I may yet turn around after a few days there and be all 'gently caress it, I'm staying at this address'.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TFCC is doing a Chromedome exclusive with a MTMTE Nick Roche-designed head. gently caress.

https://www.twitter.com/NickRoche/status/369475681928753152

I need my gay robots. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

GD_American posted:

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY MEMORY STICK

I teared up. Rewind's farewell is incredibly touching. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

No Your Other Left posted:

Transformers Prime Deluxe Wheeljack.

Hmm, here's someone's custom on that very idea:

Not bad, I guess. Doesn't TFCC only get to do an exclusive like this if Hasbro doesn't have plans to?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

Ya know with the size difference and weirdness with G1 Blaster vs. G1 Soundwave, I'll take just a straight repaint with a new head. Focus all that retooling energy on some awesome tapes though. MP Ramhorn, yes please.

Rewind! To go with that Chromedome I won't be able to afford.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Are Springer and Blitzwang still prevalent in stores? My friend picked me up Sandstorm already, so I'm good there, but I have to find the other two now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, all three are still fairly common around here.

Awesome, thanks. Now, any TRU tips for getting my Soundwave on? Be at store opening, etc?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I can't even imagine the thought process that goes into releasing a prototype now when the big boy himself is already hitting shelves.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's got chicken legs! :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So you guys were right. I landed last night in New Orleans, drove up to Baton Rouge, stopped in Walmart to get some shower gel/shampoo, and of course, went to the toy aisle. Springer, Blitzwang, Hoist, Thundercracker. I shall spend well here. Now just waiting for 10am to roll round so I can go hit up TRU. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So that was disappointing. I walk into TRU at 10am, wander to the TFs, there's only 2 Acid Storms on the shelf, so I wander to guest services to ask if they have Soundwave and there's 2 behind her on the shelf. I ask for one, expecting them to be reserved, but she just rings me up!

So anticlimactic. What am I going to do with the rest of my stay? :( on the plus side, MP Soundwave with no hassle!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Look at all the time and effort you wasted, jeez why didn't you get it from eBay! (did you use a coupon?)

There were coupons? :ohdear: I was more concerned about just getting into my grubby little protuberances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh. I'm not crazy about that Superion head.