Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Aww man, they say they'll ship it internationally but tell you otherwise when you try and check out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

SpikeMcclane posted:

Presented without comment, because all I know is that's at Wonder Fest.

So it's an official licensed product from Sentinel. Comes with two heads based on the Headmasters anime and G1 S4/Rebirth plus a shield and rifle. No price or release timeframe atm. Also not the only expensive TF product at this WF. Check out this non-transforming 'Ultimetal' Optimus from Art Storm/Action Toys. It's got diecast, electronics, mouthing mouth plate and all the standard Optimus accesories, rifle, Matrix, energy axe. 440mm(17.3 inches) tall, not FM height but still quite large.

There's also the CM's Corp Excel suit that Daniel and Spike wore in the movie but eh eh eh. Peep the link if you're interested.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/cms-corporation-brave-gokin-excel-suit-178115/

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

TheDK posted:

I'm considering asking my QA automation guy to write a quick test to refresh TRU every minute or so and notify me when the "Ship to Home" icon changes.

e:
\/ I'm using this link:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

If you're using firefox then just install
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/check4change/
I'm sure there's a chrome equivalent too

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

therealjon_ posted:

Is it supposed to be based off the animated Starscream? Because its dead on to the head we got with that a few years back.

It's based off of a Guido Guidi design used in the pre-All Hail Megatron IDW comics, like that recent Legends figure of him.
http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=42982
I think the head is just jacked up and not a reference

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
240USD plus shipping for that MP-10 re-issue with the stand.
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFTRMP10RE&lang=us&CatID=41_334
So pricey but I never got the original release and I want that stand...

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I was just thinking about him recently too, as he was supposed to be released in September initially. Still waiting on that Weirdwolf, too. GOD he looks loving sweet.

Speaking about waiting, I ordered a Maketoys Paladin\Chaos from Captured Prey in December. DECEMBER. I know it's not CP's fault - they got screwed and are bending over backwards to make it better, but I saw a bunch of people with them at TFCon so what the gently caress, Maketoys?

From what I've heard, the first lot wasn't up to snuff and had problems with parts being too tght and problems with some parts not being put on correctly so they asked the stores that had placed smaller orders if they were willing to take the 'best' ones of the lot while they tried to get things in order. Same deal with the their Mobine add-on set.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
G2 Sideswipe and Soundblaster just went up for preorder on the Japanese sites. AmiAmi is showing sold out atm but 1999 has them up for now
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10241983
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10241837
TT's Waspinator and Rhinox are up too if you're interested

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Any of y'all see the price tag on that Ultimetal Optimus? It's 78,000Yen
http://blog.yahoo.com/_ED274AZGFINLESDVVHRADMVIMU/articles/1291725/index
Makes sense though seeing how it's really big, really drat big

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
There's gonna be no such thing as a mainline MP Bumblebee that doesn't turn into a VW Beetle. Anything else just isn't happening given the line's current direction.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
The GO combiners are really sad. They're just so ugly and poorly proportioned in most every mode. The only combined mode I like for the first set is binning the Blue Generic Anime toy Police car and sticking Yellow terrible looking Jet on top of Red whatever kind of truck it's supposed to be. Still doesn't look very good but it actually comes close to having decent looking proportions combined like that.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Stranglehold, it's gonna be Stranglehold. Complete with new moustachioed flesh toned head. Deep down in your hearts you know and want this to be true.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Sentinel Red posted:

MTMTE #23 then.

Feels off in parts but The Lost Light remains a beacon amid it all. The bar scene was great (though I will never get used to Prime taking the faceplate off), and Whirl's little moment was pretty much classic Whirl.

I don't really know much about Hardhead other than I don't like him very much and he better back off giving Cyclonus poo poo all the time. Speaking of whom, that bout of retching didn't look too good :ohdear:

Didn't like Jazz so obviously antagonising Starscream, I figured if he were staying around he'd be more subtle and perhaps working an angle to keep an eye on him whereas going by this, he doesn't appear to be doing much more than working as a prison guard. Also found Nova to be a somewhat comically stereotype of ANGRY EVIL OVERLORD, like a half-arsed panto performance. And I literally couldn't give a gently caress about Prowl and Bumblebee and whatever they're up to, though if the Constructicons are hanging out with Prowl now, I guess the next issue is going to be interesting.

Anyone know who the Xarron-looking guy in the Dead Universe was? Just I was pretty sure Xarron himself is just a regular crewmate on TLL...

Nightbeat, who was supposed to have died on Gorlam Prime(like that means anything) bu he's probably getting a new figure if some leaked retail computer listings are right which would explain why he's showing up again

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

The Taint Reaper posted:

They absolutely ruin whatever Generations shelf they're on because they both look so drastically different than any of the other toys. But they're both great figures. Rhinox is probably the best engineered voyager in the entire line. The way he hides his robot mode and everything is really well done.

They need some weird rear end G1 repaints stat. Have waspinator be one of the lesser Insecticons(the ones that were brightly colored not the black and purple ones) and just make Rhinox one of the pretender guys that turn into an animal(generations rhinox is still a shell former and a shell former is close enough to a Pretender) :colbert: .

New Stanglehold, New Stanglehold! Bizare garishly clad Rhino on the outside, prowrestler Burt Reynolds robot on the inside.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
The comics included with the majority of figures currently available were one-shots created to be both sold alone and then later included with a figure but starting with the most recent wave the figure's comics are from the current two ongoing series

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Keldroc posted:

They fit inside the feet when they fold up against the body for jet mode, or so Google tells me. I've never tried that.

I don't think there would be room for that. I haven't handled an original seeker in years but those fists were pretty big iirc and the feet while decently sized weren't quite that big.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Looks like BBTS got the next wave of Generation Deluxes and Whirl in stock. Still no sign of Swerve and Cosmos preorders though

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Phy posted:

How the heck did they get the Armada Starscream wave before the Skids wave?

They did get the Skids wave, it's sitting in my Pile of Loot as we speak. It just sold out real quick is all.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Wow it's not often you see a US toy company pack that many of one female character in a case let alone two in those quantities. Also, series 3 and 5 but no sign of 4?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Yeah judging from the time of release it's likely a Tokyo Toy Show exclusive so something based off the Diaclone version that spawned Blue Bluestreak seems a safe and easy bet. Though there's always toy accurate colours or maybe a version inspired by the original diaclone concept art but that's a long shot.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

What version of Megatron is that? It looks way better than my Masterpiece Megatron.

Toyworld Hegemon iirc

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I ended up buying two Heavytreads because the first one had a problem where the small section of the treads that flipped down would constantly fall off.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
RIP TF Kre-o, hiatus then relaunch as a Toys R Us Exclusive

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

GrimGypsy posted:

Noooo! I love TF Kre-o :(

Are they at least releasing that wave with Rodimus and Kup?

Yeah Wave 4 is out right now, or at least should be. Been sitting in my PoL at BBTS for a bit now

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

So... with toyfair being over, and no mention of Masterpiece cars, that means I should probably give in and just order the cheaper knockoffs on eBay, right?

MP Grimlock to hype up AOE to retailers aside, store exclusives aren't generally shown off at Toyfair.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Hobby Search has the Takara Tomy Metroplex discounted to 11,400 yen atm if you really wanted that one over the Hasbro one but balked at the price
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10224880

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Don't forget Planet-X is making FoC styled figures of every Dinobot including the obscure Paddles

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Yeah there's knock offs of the tape sets
http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=1&p=881&t=Masterpiece_Rumble_and_Ravage.html
But as was said they should have had all the parts

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Rip Mech Ideas not-Animated Huffer and Pipes, canceled after one day of preorders.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Keldroc posted:

You canceled your preorder for them or Mech Ideas totally canceled the products?

They canceled them after only having pre-orders open for one day, at one store, where it was exclusive to but no one ever mentioned that, about 5 hours after someone found 'better than the promo pictures' pictures on the designers facebook. The TFW thread about them is real dumb atm(suprise!)

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I loving hate Ebay's new Globabl Shipping Program, inflating the shipping cost from the states to oz of two deluxes and a classics voyager to 80 from 40.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Well that Metroplex sure does fix up two of my three problems I had with the Generations one. The look of it in all of it's modes, especially the carrier(those launch catapults!), is an improvement and it's small enough that I can actually put it on display. Too bad for Maketoys my third problem was price.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Those datsuns aren't KOs. So far there haven't been any KOs of any of those 3, or at least as far as anyone can tell there haven't been.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Mech Ideas Animated Huffer and Pipes are back up for preorder again
http://www.planetsteelexpress.com/TTT01/

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Spiderdrake posted:

The ability to appreciate something without being slavishly devoted to G1? Capacity to accept change? Good taste?

I do hope for an IDW Megatron of his current body. I really should have bought a WFC Megatron, I do quite like that design.

Well there is an upcoming Generations Leader sized Megatron coming out with or a bit after Leader Jetfire, odds are good it'll be the IDW version since Hasbro would have asked IDW to use the new design in all the post Dark Cybertron promo art, covers and what not if he was getting a new look

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Overload from Armada was basically a headmaster

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
There's been leaks of Gen Megatron?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Generations Roadbuster and Skybite preorders up at BBTS.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just wish the MP guys didn't cost over 100 bucks per guy though.

I mean Titan class guys cost the same and they're so much more impressive.

Also I'm not all that keen on Skybyte either(I have the Original and Transmetals Cybershark) but you just know he's going to be repainted as Submarauder, one of the Seacons, a Sharkticon or whatever.

My only complaint about roadbuster is that he has very shallow legs and he's beefy enough in his upper body so he's going to look disproportionate.

I really hope you're not paying 100 plus per MP Autobot Car like I think you're saying given that the retail for them is 50 or so plus shipping

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Keldroc posted:

How exactly do we know Citizen Stack costs less than MP Magnus at this point? Yeah, the preorder prices that are up for Magnus are high, but those are placeholders.

If Magnus costs as much as Takara's MP-10 did at release then it should be the same price or higher as Stack depending on where you shop. IMO, Magnus will likely cost higher than MP10 due to increases in costs of manufacture and a more complex trailer/armour so it should be costlier than Stack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Man, the threads about the Generations deluxes delay over at TFW are pretty terrible. I know I shouldn't expect otherwise but those guys just floor me time and time again with how they act.