Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Peter Bazooka posted:

Has there been any pictures of the Takara Blitzwing and Springer yet?

I know I've been awful with picture requests, but here's a photo I took of then when I checked out the Tokyo Toy show

To be honest, I didn't see much difference between the Takara and Hasbro Springers, and I actually like the Hasbro Blitzwing's yellow helmet better I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Here's a pic of a Metroplex that's had a panel lining wash added to it. It looked awesome enough that I may attempt it on my own once I get it:

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

All I can say is that with next year being the 30th anniversary, the BotCon exclusives better be mindblowing.

Oh you!

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

So I grabbed Takara 30th Grimlock today. First time with the figure. And, well.....

It looked nice in the packaging.

:smith:

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Just as an FYI apparently BBTS has the new Wreckers Ruination figures in stock. Since there have been zero announcements of them being released in Japan I bit the bullet and grabbed them.

The Protoform X doesn't look half bad, but Transmutate? Really? I love Beast Wars like crazy but that figure is even giving me pause.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I think there are a lol of parallels between the recent history of Transformers and Marvel comics.

At the time when both were effectively dead or nearing bankruptcy, the powers that be threw caution to the wind and really let the creative juices flow, resulting in Beast Wars for the former and Marvel Knights for the latter, both of which arguably turned their respective entities around.

However I'd say both are now
victims of their own success, as the stakes riding on them (movie-wise in particular) are so great that they can no longer afford taking risks and editorial/corporate oversight has jumped to the point where the only thing allowed is to keep returning to the well and maintaining the status quo.

I have a feeling the only time we'll see a Beast Wars calibre show again will be when the franchise inevitably collapses in on itself again in a few years

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

No Your Other Left posted:

Really not feeling the new Whirl toy.

How the hell is that supposed to be mtmte Whirl? Were all the people who saw it at Botcon blind?

I'm actually really disappointed with it

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Mission accomplished.

drat you. I just shelled out $200 for the Hong Kong exclusive version from RK because I figured there's no way I'll find an SDCC Metroplex over in Tokyo for under $300

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I just got Voyager Blitzwing, and man his shoulders :

Anyone know a good fix for them that doesn't involve hours of work with a dremel?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

There was a split? I love board drama! Where did they all go, and who got purged?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

So the current top three in the MP poll are Star Saber, Armada Prime and Dai Atlas.

I was hoping for Powermaster Prime, Fortress Maximus and Optimus Primal. I actually know almost nothing about Starsaber, is he cool?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

therealjon_ posted:

Got my Quakewave this week and oh dear lord is he perfect in every way!

I gotta get some batteries, and figure out where some of these extra parts they put in here go ... but everyone should own this guy. He has some real MP quality heft to him and the die cast feet are badass. I haven't transformed him yet because his bot mode is so good, but I'll get to it soon. If you are a MP fan this is one 3P figure not to miss.

Seconding this. I just got my Quakewave in this week also and he really does live up to the hype. The quality is actually superior to official Hasbro product in my opinion. Think MP Grimlock levels of awesome.

I also received Hexatron at the same time so it was kind of a perfect week.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I picked up the Million publishing 2013 Transformers Generations book yesterday, and the have some really awesome prototype and design drawings of Metroplex in it.

Originally, in carrier mode, he was supposed to have two large tie fighter esque delta wings that would fold out and cover the arms sticking out the back. Think like a Star Wars episode 3 Jedi star fighter.

The waist would have also sat lower to the ground so that there was less of a space between the chest and the leg runway.

What could have been...

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I actually prefer the shredded insect face look of the first movie TF's to the humanized-stereotype faces of the second and third (and now fourth) films. Ugh.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I came home last night to discover a massive suitcase sized box waiting for me at my door! Asia convention exclusive Metroplex!

After taking him out of the packing and fiddling a bit I've gotta say I'm disappointed in the qc on this guy. Both his right shoulder and right thigh ratchets are weaker than his left side ones. They make noticeably different and softer clicking sounds. Also the chrome on his left thigh is puckered in places.

The rest of the figure seems ok and is ridiculously tall, but I wish Hasbro had given him tighter knee joints, or just tighter joints in general because when you handle him in bot mode he seems very wobbly and can barely support his own weight. A stiffer plastic would have probably made all the difference.

He's still awesome though.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Uber Kosh posted:

What on earth are those "Construct Bots"? Are they like the Kreo Lego stuff?

Also, all you guys running around for MP Soundwave. I got one when he first came out in Japan :smug:

Serious content: if I have MP-04, should I get MP-10? Or if I don't want a second OP, should I get the repaint of -10 as Nemesis Prime?

'Sup fellow Tokyo-purchased Soundwave Goon. Boy that came out awkward.

Yes get MP 10. He really is better, which is saying a lot imo.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

In the last week I received Hexatron, Blitzwing, Sandstorm, Metroplex, Quakewave, the last two Uranos bots and FP Downshift.

I don't even know where the gently caress to begin. It's the most wondrous overload.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

HOLY poo poo.

Optimist Prime posted:

So TFCC released photos of the painted prototypes for Transmutate and Protoform X but all I want to talk about is MMC's Nova Prime because holy poo poo

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/mastermind-creations-seraph-prominion-nova-prime-178183/

I didn't give a drat about Hexatron but now I need him to sell out, immediately.* Whatever it takes for this thing to get made.

*unless he already did

Mother of God.

Suddenly I don't give two shits about Maketoys' version anymore

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I agree with the idea that 2014 is going to be an all out civil war between the 3rd parties and that not all will survive.

Quite frankly it's on their own heads. If you see that another group is making a figure, your first impulse shouldn't be to try to make that exact same figure, especially 4 times over, even more especially if you aren't trying to beat them to market.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

When I first heard the name, I thought "Monstructor" was composed of monstrous construction vehicles. :(

edit: hahaha TFW2005, what the hell

You have no idea how happy it makes me feel to know that Peter Cullen doesn't like Bronies. I think you just made my month.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

To those complaining about Menasor's legs, at least they're accurate to the way combiners were presented in G1: ie big leg with a vestigial car or airplane on it as an afterthought.

In other news, Regeneration has now rocketed to the top of my favourite Transformers comics list by dint of the last page:

Rodimus loving Prime! It's about goddamn time too

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I have both yellow Giant and Hercules. Giant is cool but Hercules has more mass and is more imposing. He's also a bit floppier as a result, but it isn't too bad. If I had to pick between the two I'd go with Hercules since Voyager sized Constructicons seems like a no-brainer to me.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have shelfwarmers.

Now do you think there's any possible way of getting one of those bad boys to Japan without paying a ton in shipping? Like an inter-Costco shipment or something?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

They've gotta be trolling us. They're trolling us right? They're seriously calling that a Leader class? In the same vein as Buster Prime?

My god.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Magic posted:

Man, Hardbone for $80 is awfully tempting. Anybody have thoughts on him?

I grabbed him recently for that price also.

He's not as polished as the FP code figures, but still drat good, and scale wise fits in perfectly with them. Some people have complained about looseness and floppiness but mine does not seem to have those issues. I have no regrets and would recommend him.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Well no, it's not incredibly fragile as long as you don't stomp on it or something. It's about as fragile you would expect an articulated, thumb-sized plastic figure would be. The joints are a bit loose though and there's no way to cover the face in robot mode which is a bit annoying.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I love movie Prime so much, mainly because he causes more frothing nerd rage among the fandom than anything I've ever seen. The character is so over the top ridiculous I can't be bothered to get all bent out of shape over it, and "give me your face" has to be one of the best lines ever uttered in any movie.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I'm pretty bitter that Max and Red Alert got written off, just when they developed the most characterization they'd ever had in years.

Who wouldn't want a paranoid, conspiracy theorist security guard and a PTSD walking tank as part of the regular crew?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Grimlock looks more like Tekkaman Evil to me.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Well, that's nice. With all the crazy third party stuff coming out something had to give. This is also gonna be the second year in a row where I don't bother with any of the Botcon toys.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

3 posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhh

:psyboom:

It's incredible how that one, dialogue-free image is about ten times as interesting and captivating as all of the Dark Cybertron issues combined. I hope they never do a crossover again.

That being said, my body is ready for season 2....

I'm just really worried about Rodimus. The one thing I love the most about Regeneration is that we finally have Rodimus Prime in the comics. It'd be great of MTMTE Rodimus goes Prime in an attempt to salvage the reputation of the line or something.

The Goon fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 18, 2014

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Come on guys, credit where credit is due. Funpub sucks and the rest of the box set is lame but holy hell is that Scorponok figure a fantastic idea. I'm probably getting the set now as a result since the individual figure will probably sell for just as much loose. Imagine how awesome he and Warden are gonna look together!

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Man, I'm disappointed that we don't have a white Magnus as well but I'm happy I didn't bite the bullet on Stack at least.

It's such a cocktease though, seeing Prime's cab sitting there but being unable to transform. I'm really curious about how they've engineered it now. I also wonder if it can be removed?

Anyway in Takara I trust, I didn't even mind Rodimus that much so I'm sure I'll be satisfied with Magnus.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I almost just bought a white MP2 Magnus for $140 dollars. But then I realized that they'll probably make an MP10 version after the full Magnus.

They....they will right? I shouldn't buy it right? Oh god help meeee

The Goon fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 26, 2014

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Finally had a chance to read the new RID yesterday. Barber seems to be channeling Roberts in terms of "haha" dialogue.

Anyone else think that Prime's new design,as well as a few new alt modes in the book, may be indicative of future toys?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I just picked up Tailgate at a specialty store here in Tokyo. It was $25 and the vehicle mode is wildly inappropriate, but I don't care, because Tailgate.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Why couldn't it have been Gundam vs Transformers instead? :smith:

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Just read the new MtMtE.

Aw man :smith:

Rodimus is in the coffin. His corpse is missing half its head. I really wished we could have seen him become Prime. Boo.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Welp, I just spent $400 on a Botcon box set.

Kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Veg posted:

If it was this years one, you suck.

It was this year's and yes I suck. But something about that Skorponok made my Warden demand that I buy it.