Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Even if you pay awful scalper prices of $250 on ebay or at a con, that's still cheaper than the Takara Soundwave with all 5 takara cassettes.

I'm considering doing that. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I hope you guys are looking forward to Acid Storm clogging shelves with Soundwave nowhere to be seen, because that is exactly what happened with Thundercracker and Prime. Because hey, let's order more Thundercrackers and not many Primes because Thundercracker is the cheaper one! :downs:

And Acid Storm is a WAY more obscure character than Thundercracker. So obscure in fact, that it's arguable if he's even a character at all. That's like releasing a hot toys figure of one of the aliens that appeared in The Phantom Menace for like 5 seconds at mass retail and expecting it to sell. Acid Storm should have NEVER been released at mass retail and should have been a SDCC exclusive or something.

All 2 of you guys actually excited for Acid Storm better army build that sucker, or else he's never going away.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

No man, don't you get it? He's a Seeker, and he's GREEN.

I would be all over it actually but I am mad they keep re-using that mold without fixing its shoddy chestplate looseness.

Green is my favorite color even, but I have 3 MP seekers already so I'm good. I have the exact same toy in blue. Money and shelf space is a limited resource for me, so I'd rather spend it on something new and cool that I don't have already 3 times over. I have the little Deluxe Acid Storm anyway, so I'm good as far as Acid Storms are concerned.

I kind of regret not getting Red Alert because he actually has a lot of remolded parts from Sideswipe, but c'est la vie. Not gonna feel the same way for skipping Acid Storm or Sunstorm.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Scoop looks fantastic.

The difference between Scoop and MC Acid Storm is that one is a $10 toy, and the other is an $80 toy that's leader class sized.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

SRM posted:

it means we need to establish a new Transformers before this one can do more interesting things with its story and reach the potential that it has. Maybe it didn't quite set up the 4th season that Animated did, but I would have liked to see it run longer to get to a bigger climax.

it's sort of the same frustration I feel with TV shows based on superheroes. Aside from the new Avengers cartoon being godawful, it means a TV show needs to establish who these people are again even though we already know from the movies, cartoons, video games and comic books. I guess that's how it goes for franchises.

If I had a dollar for the amount of times I've complained about this I'd be a millionaire. That's the nature of children's TV I guess. Nothing seems to last beyond 3 seasons.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TRU doesn't put things are clearance very often. I mean poo poo, mine still has a TON of DOTM deluxes for $16 each.

Believe me, I'm right when I say that Acid Storm is not going to move, unless they make him in really limited quantities (which I'm hoping they do). My store still has Thundercrackers, although Prime showed up for about a week and was never seen again.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

A KABUKI SAMURAI fembot, to be exact!

...well I think it's neat :shobon:

Perceptor? Is that you?

(Man G1 got weird)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Wow I love that comic but that is a stupid-looking design the moment you give it some thought. Good luck looking down!

That actually applies to a lot of transformers....

Oh god I'm never going to stop thinking about this, all my alternators are ruined.

Starscream was never able to look left or right. Big turbines in the way of his head!

Honestly, that Whirl looks decent guys.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

What with her theme and color scheme, I just can't shake it from my head that she's Perceptor after he got a sex change and became a geisha.

Again, no, I am not making that up, yes, it happened in an actual episode of G1. (G1 got loving weird as poo poo)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Mecha-Zangief Transformer please. OH GOD I NEED THIS

FOR MOTHER RUSSIA :ussr:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rei_ posted:

Which man, Ashley Woods REALLY needs to get on some 3A Pacific Rim toys. I want a foot-tall Cherno Alpha please.

Basically what we need is anybody other than NECA doing Pacific Rim toys.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Aw Jesus 4 days till TFCon. Gettin' hype!
:canada:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TFCon people, if you are interested in any of these items let me know today because I will be packing this evening:

*Botcon Clench
*Botcon Streetwise
*Botcon Sky-byte
*Universe Hardheard w/ Headrobots add-on kit
*Alternity Starscream
*Alternity Black Megatron
*THS 02 Convoy

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

How much would Hardhead and the Headrobot stuff be, out of curiousity?

Together, about $80. For the record, there's a guy selling a set of both for $120 on eBay so it's not bad. Are you going to TFCon? If so, I'll put him in my suitcase.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Optimist Prime posted:

How about a price check on Clench? I'll be at TFCon on Saturday.

$90, which is cheaper than any of them on eBay.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Optimist Prime posted:

Sounds reasonable. What about the condition (bagged, complete, etc.)?

Still in the bag, has all parts, bio card, never been opened. One of my hotel roommates at the con has also expressed interest in it, but he's been a little flaky regarding it and isn't sure he wants to put $90 down on it, but if he doesn't decide to bite (and it doesn't seem like he will) it's yours.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

The voting isn't over yet, but apparently the current leader of the Fans' Choice Masterpiece poll is Star Saber. I am entirely okay with this.

I might be a weird contrarian here, but I think I'd rather have an Encore Star Saber than a MP one.

Hey, G1 bricks need some loving, too.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Optimist Prime posted:

Sounds good, just send me a message if anything changes.

Re: the MP Fans' Choice Poll - Should I assume that Optimus Primal is hosed because the voting is Japan-only and their version of Beast Wars was a joke? If so, :dawkins101:

It would be awesome if we got a MP Optimus Primal that was flocked like G.I. Joe's beard.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

SDCC stuff is up on habro toy shop.

Aaaand... Metroplex is sold out. I came very close to buying him, saw that the total came out to $170, and was like "...Nah, I don't need to spend that much. Chrome stickers and a gun and some decoys aren't worth it."

Usually it's a kick in the nuts when you're trying to get an SDCC exclusive on HTS and it sells out, but yeah I really don't feel bad at all.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

I'm at TFCon early, it's quiet. Too quiet.

I'll be there tomorrow. (I'll be out touring Toronto till 9ish though)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I love TFCon but being deathly ill, not being able to breathe and vomiting everywhere is kind of hurting my experience. Jesus, why did I have to get con sickness before I even went to the con?

I'm sorry guys, I'm patient zero. :(

I feel really bad for the guys in my room who have to put up with me being a biohazard. :smith:

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jul 27, 2013

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Hey guys we're nerds

Rei is also around somewhere, I'll run into him occasionally.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Oh man, TFCon!

You know, I probably don't need to tell you guys how great TFCon is, because it should be obvious now. I had a blast, even though I was coughing and retching the entire con and was hopped up on tons of Robitussin and cough drops. Everyone should go to TFCon because it's the best. Botcon is lame, don't go to that, don't stay in your house playing video games end of July, drive or fly to Toronto and go to TFCon you fuckers.

I got to meet Strange Hamster who is a pretty cool dude. I didn't get to see Spiderdrake as I was somewhat indisposed on Saturday, or Optimist Prime. Optimist, I... uh... kinda forgot that you even went, and that's my bad. I got to hang out with Rei again a little bit too, also a cool dude.

TFCon Highlights:
*Getting completely lost in Toronto on my way to meet some folks and eventually finding them by some miracle
*Lots of bro time with @aloadofhupla on twitter and I really need to convince that fucker to buy an SA account already
*Met James Roberts
*Almost getting killed twice because this guy from Northern Ontario that I was riding with who isn't used to city driving and turned left at stop lights when there were cars coming (really cool guy, not making GBS threads on him or anything, but one second later and I would kind of be dead)
*Malwave getting chased around and shot repeatedly with nerf guns for a full hour (fursecution!)
*Crasis from Preorder66 dressing up his Admiral Ackbar doll in swim trunks and throwing him down the waterslide and belly flopping down it himself to the lifeguard's complete disbelief and then later throwing him around in the pool like a football
*Played some Street Fighter IV with TJ Duckett
*Not sleeping at all Friday night with my head over a trash can full of vomit and use tissues and then later being like a zombie on Saturday because I didn't sleep at all (ok so this one wasn't quite so fun as the others)
*All around cool dude Coop \ @Riderstrike dressing up as Shafter
*Some dude bringing a Lucky Draw Golden Rodimus for Dick Gautier to sign and Protoman almost having an orgasm right there
*Realizing that God Ginrai's box was too loving big for me to take so I had to carry him on the plane in a garbage bag
*Lots and lots and lots of drinking

And probably some other stuff. Good times.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 30, 2013

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The Rage posted:

I want to go to TFCon so much more than BotCon now.

Well, good. Good. That's the correct response. That's something everyone should be saying.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Oh God.

R.I.P. Ultra Mag- er, Minimus Ambus. My favorite guy is dead. :smith:

I'm really hoping that Tailgate becomes the next Ultra Magnus.

It really feels like MTMTE is gearing up for the end, and this is the beginning of the series' climax. I think this book is going to end at issue 24 or 25, or if not, then the storyline it's been running for the past two years probably will and it will continue on with a new story and new cast, because frankly I don't think many characters are going to be left alive after this one. James Roberts is a very, VERY Yoshiyuki Tomino "kill 'em all" kind of author.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

I'd hope they wouldn't end it so soon, given how popular and well regarded the series is. Plus Roberts did say there was something like 200+ on the Lost Light, and given what Cyclonus and Whirl found, it's possible even more may be coming along for the ride. More likely the cast of characters will change somewhat as more are lost/leave and others step up to the plate.

drat it, they can't stop till they find the Knights of Cybertron, and that should take *years*. :colbert:

Basically I think after the next few issues we'll get a new story arc different from the past 2 years and a new cast \ mostly new cast + the few survivors.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

My post con depression is starting to kick in, but no worries, I'm doing one con right after another, as Charticon is next weekend.

I just wish they would change the name.

If anyone from outside NC is going to Charticon, make sure you go to Cook-Out and drink Cheerwine at least once. This is important.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I don't expect Charticon to be like a TFCon, but TFCon is like the highest standard as far as Transformers conventions go and you shouldn't expect it to be. I'm expecting it to be above BotCon and local toy shows, but still below TFCon because Auto Assembly is really the only thing that can compete with TFCon.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TheDK posted:

I was just able to order MP Soundwave on TRU.com, GOGOGO!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

YES IT WENT THROUGH PLEASE DONT CANCEL

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Astrotrain is the coolest triple changer because he's a loving steam locomotive AND a space shuttle, you can't get cooler than that. Not even a robot dinosaur beats that. I would be totally down for a voyager one.

Lepecard posted:

...that face.

I like the wings,legs, and the shoulder vents though.

Man, I'm really not feeling a lot of this iGear stuff. Those mini warriors are kinda ehhh.

Also for any of you Gundam fans out there, I think I've realized that James Roberts is depressed Yoshiyuki Tomino and Happy Tomino at the same time.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

City Commander looks a LOT better with a proper face.

Mine has the Dr. Wu face (the first one pictured), which is definitely an... imperfect sculpt as not everything is totally even (one of his eyes is every so slightly bigger than the other and it bothers me), but it's still better than what Fansproject put on there.

And Warbot Defender is also better than Generations Springer... from the neck down. Honestly, I think Generations Springer LOOKS better than Defender, but Defender is overall a more solid toy and pegs together a lot more nicely and just feels better in your hands. My Generations Springer's blades are kinda bendy and there's a bit of a gap when I make them into a sword.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

No Your Other Left posted:

Are you making sure to peg the end of it together? There might be some mold flash on the peg or in the hole that connects the ends of the two rotor blades. Either that or it's bent out of shape, because the rotors on mine peg together perfectly. Either way, it's better than the potential razor blades that make up Defender's rotors. Those things look way too sharp in all the videos and pics I've seen.

And I'm pretty sure most of the perceived quality difference is due to the die-cast in Defender's legs. I swear, add die-cast to something seems to make people give a toy's build quality way more credit than it deserves.

Maybe I'll try boiling a pot and putting the sword in.

My Springer doesn't peg in that super great and I sorta feel like he's a little overrated, but maybe I got I bad one, I dunno. I like Sandstorm WAY better and don't really have any problems with him.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Wasn't G2 supposed to have Megatron and Starscream released as a combining ATB bomber but something happened and they were renamed Dreadwing and something or other? That's what IDW Dreadwing is based off, right?

G2 had the awesome Dreadwing and Smokescreen ATB bomber two-pack thing, which was later supposed to be repainted into Megatron and Starscream. This never saw the light of day in G2, however in the Japanese Beast Wars II series, they more or less released them in that color scheme with minor differences as BB and Starscream. I have a Korean BB and Starscream with reprolabels on it to make it look like the unreleased G2 Megatron and Starscream. Sadly reprolabels doesn't make that sticker sheet anymore because apparently it didn't sell so you can't really make one anymore.

But what's kinda cool is the Generations IDW Megatron is being repainted into G2 Dreadwing and I'm honestly almost more excited for that one.

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Thanks for bringing that up cause I've been wondering why they chose that Bludgeon mold for Megatron. If Keldroc gets to gripe for a cab with armor trailer Magnus then I get to demand a proper G2 Megatron with a shoulder cannon. Not a cannon arm or samurai cosplay. IDW is standing in for the unreleased bomber Megs on my shelf though so at least there's that...

I really want a proper CHUG G2 tank Megatron. I don't care if I have to resort to a third party, I want a green Megatron with a shoulder cannon and a front of a tank for boobs that's at least Voyager size.

Also, I'm still waiting on a voyager sized Galvatron. Serious 3rd party or Hasbro. Where's my friggin' voyager purple Galvatron?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

How does that leave poor Perceptor, Galvatron (he sucks but that's a different problem) and to a lesser degree Scourge and others (Kup, Blurr)? I assure you that if they do a proper classics Soundwave, it won't be a tape deck. Straight G1 reinterpretations are what the MP line does, not classics and its offshoots.

Yeah, I would be fine with them doing Ultra Magnus as just one bot. In the G1 cartoon, Animated and Prime he wasn't a guy in a suit, although these days he is in a lot of fiction because of his G1 toy.

I don't like the iGear mini warriors as they literally just ape the G1 alt modes, and are little super deformed 80s cars. Hey, I love me some G1 toys and G1 minibots, but the iGear mini warriors feel out of place as hell in my classics collection. I'm fine with an Ultra Powerglide and a Voyager Seaspray even though a lot of people aren't.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rei_ posted:

I had a hell of a time finding one at TFCon, I practically embarrassed myself to death waiting for a guy who MIGHT have had one until I broke down and snagged the last one for 160 from another booth.

I paid $155 for mine at Ages 3 and up. I believe he retails for $135 so we both got screwed a little, but hey, every convention there's a toy or two that's really hot and sometimes you get caught up in the craze. I kinda justify it in that since I bought mine at the con, at least me and hupla got to take dumb pictures of ourselves posing with our sixshot guns so that's worth at least a few dollars.

Although honestly, outside of the con I probably wouldn't have bought him as I would probably try and be a responsible adult. I don't regret getting him.

Also heeeeeyyyy look what I got!

I like Soundwave a lot but drat he's got some scary rear end hips.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Forget Soundwave, show off more of Sharkitron.

I'm too lazy to take pictures right now, but he's great. He's so dumb. Fishy rear end Megatron and Heinrad are like the dumbest Transformers ever. This is why everyone should own them.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The Goon posted:

Mother of God.

Suddenly I don't give two shits about Maketoys' version anymore

Oh. I'm confused. Maketoys is doing a Nova Prime too? I thought there was only one 3rd party one. Or is that the Maketoys one? There's an MMC one too?

Man. Third parties man.

No, I'm not voting for Gary Johnson, gently caress off!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I... think I might prefer the Maketoys one. I like Maketoys' stuff (although I like MMC a lot too), and the Maketoys one is blockier and chunkier and less smooth. I think the Maketoys one is actually more comic-accurate too judging from pictures on the wiki in spite of being a remold.

They both look pretty good though.

However it is starting to become a little annoying how many third parties keep stepping on each others' toes these days. 2 Devastators, 3 Predakings, 2 Nova Primes... it seems like everybody wants to do the same thing at the same time.

The_Doctor posted:

2 Nova Primes before a Rung is made. Tsk, it's a goddamn crime.

Yeah. It is.

And WHERE'S A loving DECENT GALVATRON GUYS?!?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

So yeah here's my lovely table at charticon, buy my crap guys please take it away

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Toys are serious loving business dudes! I disagree with your opinion regarding toy robots, LET'S FIGHT YOU FUCKER.

So yeah on that note I got this guy:
https://vine.co/v/hM5pAVXaAvE

Also I think I'm done getting Transformers for a while, because after TFCon, Charticon, Soundwave, Metroplex, and a bunch of dudes I found at Wal-Mart I have gone beyond hog wild. On the plus side, I don't think there's any left for me to get!

Also, nice meeting the DK at Charticon, I wish I could have hung out some more after the dealer room closed, but by 10pm Saturday I was loving dead and passed the gently caress out in my room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Garrettron64 post a picture!

I can't do that exact one as I'm at work, but it's Generations Metroplex holding up Cybertron Metroplex set to the Lion King music.

Size comparison!

I also got this guy:

Look at his chest on the packaging and see what's on it. I have him up on my wall. (The Colonel rules)

Also, while Generations Scourge is a good toy, I never quite understood why everybody was so in love with him. Not bad, but he never blew me away. Well, I got his repaint and I'm officially in love now:

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 14, 2013