Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Lodin posted:

Just put up the crib at my mums place and once again I secretly included a guardian angel. It's my favourite Christmas tradition.

Anthony Hopkins Voice "But you want to know don't you DOOOOD"

anyhow I hosed up on an order and it looks like I'm going to have a second Siege Impactor. I'd likely give it to a (US Based) goon for the cost of shipping. Anyone interested?

Open Marriage Night posted:

Really didn’t need the new Soundwave, but I impulse bought one since it was up on Walmart’s site. What extra tapes do they make for him?

Soundwave being my favorite character, I've got the G1, the Earthrise and Masterpiece and I'm pretty sure the tapes are interchangable. All the comic/toystores around me have G1 Repro's so you can always snag those on top of the "Proper ones"

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's still a bit self-serious and didn't have enough actual transforming. And it has the really daft bit of Prime returning from a vision quest to childishly try to beat forgiveness out of Megatron

I didn't like Primes characterization or the voice actor. C'mon there's a guy who does prime voices, he seems easy to work with, you could say he's known for his prime voice. Just shell out the cash idiots.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I started collecting this year and I may have started an addiction

Please ignore the dust, they are in a temporary location till we move.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

A very impressive and well-curated collection for checks watch just 20 days in! I cannot recommend the new Hot Rod and Cyclonus enough, grab them when you can.

I keep forgetting it’s January and hell year is over. I started in 2020 :v:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Lodin posted:

Coward, I will never not do this and you can't stop me!

:biotruths:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I've got a wishlist of toys I'm going after based entirely off of "Characters I like" from various cartoons and IDW comics. I was able to pick up a devastator really cheap but my brain worms demands I keep some form of parity and I need an autobot combiner for him to menacingly stare at.

Shame all the combiner wars poo poo is so expensive EXCEPT for devastator.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rhyno posted:

There's cheap knockoffs.

Do you want something Devastator sized? He towers over the CW teams. I have the oversized Defensor set in my "sell this stuff" pile and it would scale better with that Dev.

I'm not too concerned about size but I've been avoiding knockoffs. I have a few people looking for a superion for me as he's my favorite Autobot combiner.

I think my wishlist now is down to most of the Studio86 stuff which I already have pre-ordered, a Superion, Overlord (Based entirely on his IDW stuff) and Jetfire which again I already have on pre-order. After that I'm probably going to calm down on this a bit :v:

EDIT: I'm also scooping up any Wreckers I can find regardless of continuity. I've got a little shelf dedicated to them already.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Anil Dikshit posted:

I’m looking for g1 jet fire or g1 jet fire parts.

Rebel Base Comics and Toys in Charlotte has one. You can call them and see if they do shipping. I didn’t look too hard but I believe it’s in original packaging. Maybe. Again I didn’t look that hard.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
My comic book shop had an unopened Refraktor Recon Team for below MSRP. Score.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Keldroc posted:

Judging by the artwork released, every season 1 BW character has a Kingdom toy in the pipeline except Inferno and Tarantulas.

I feel weird that I’m mostly not touching kingdom after a glut of figure buying. Beast wars happened right when I got my drivers license so it really doesn’t have the nostalgia hit for me.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Phy posted:

Oddly enough, Mike Rochange. Fine Québécois family, the Rochanges.

I was hoping for Mike Roman

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tighclops posted:

It feels so weird to have new Beast Wars figures in hand. I am officially old.

Honestly I feel the same way about G1 “accurate” toys after years of movie influence. Only yknow older.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Picked up rattrap today and his head peg broke right in half when transforming him.

Oh well at least it was only a tenner.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

TheDK posted:

I've been watching lazy eyebrow too. The stop motion is pretty cool. He nerds out pretty hard on alt modes and what real life vehicles they are supposed to represent, and nearly all of his custom work looks like poo poo, but the videos are enjoyable.

Also, what the gently caress is up with the transformation on Beast Wars Megatron? I legitimately injured my thumb on the torso going from robot to dino. Is there an easy way to untab the waist? I bought one for my nephew and would've cancelled the order of it hadn't already shipped. No way an eight year old can handle this.

I can't watch his videos. His repaints are so bad that I end up just gawking at them the entire time.

Dude needs to invest in some painters tape. The transformation bits are good, but I just can't keep my eyes off of him painting windshields black without obvious primer/paint thinning so you can see the paint bubbles and ughhh at least buy a can of gloss to go over it it's terrible.

EDIT: that and he's one of those dickheads that buys multiples of figures that makes it drat impossible to get what I want. I know he buys two (One to gently caress up painting, one to not) and if he doesn't have a 3rd that remains in packaging I'll be shocked.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

I figured out how they could update Prowl for the current ACAB era

From now on he transforms into a park ranger vehicle

Or just make the IDW characterization the default in all media from this point forward. He's a colossal shitbag.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I bought a Kingdom Ultra Magnus because of my obsession for earth modes whenever I can get them, but when I sit him next to my spoiler pack mags I can’t help but notice how much more personality the muted paints give the spoiler edition. I’m torn now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

strangehamster posted:

Toys are delayed a few months due to an unprecedented global pandemic causing disruptions in every step of manufacturing and shipping. I hope everyone can be more understanding.

Hasbro's distribution model was hosed up before the pandemic. The pandemic is just kind of throwing everything into stark contrasts.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Does anyone have The Ark yet? How mad at myself will I be for not ordering one?

I didn’t get one just because the robot mode doesn’t really do anything for me. I did manage to pick up a cybertronian mode bumblebee at Target today, and managed to hunt down a medic pack at a reasonable price so Earth Mode Ratchet is here :sun:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Blackchamber posted:

Buying something purely to turn around and resell for higher is scalping in my book.

This is more like buying a production run. It’s literally how retail works, it’s not in any shape or form scalping.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Victory Saber also doesn’t hit me in my G1 American transformers nostalgia gut either. Like there’s a little part of me that wants unicron because I was told I had the touch. Without 0consulting a wiki I only know broad outlines about victory saber.

Unicron hit a sweet spot of being important across all iterations of Transformers, being a toy that hasn’t had but like one iteration in the past, and being effing big.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Phy posted:

Going home at lunch today to crack open Beast Grimlock and Earth mode Mirage.

I’m very tempted to chuck my bw grimlock up for trade.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Wee Bairns posted:

Ok Macho Magnus is pretty drat creative.

I think you mean Ultra Macho.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I just got a Legends Drift which has been one of my grails since I started collecting, and drat I love that they turned the doors into sword sheaths.

It’s an awkward figure and nowhere near as poseable as more modern figures but I do not care one bit.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I have only bought 4 official masterpiece transformers: G1 Megatron(the good one), Bumblebee, Shockwave, and Beast Wars Megatron, which I wound up having to sell.

Im jealous. I have the bad MP megs and I transformed him into gun mode and said “this is how he lives now, as a comedically large pistol.”

I do have a sound wave which goes into my pile oh’ soundwaves.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

It's a deeply mediocre show and the sad truth is that its aestheticsof quality (union voicework, high preproduction budget, basically competent plotting) make people treat it as actually good children's television. It's the Young Justice of Transformers.

“Well this is no schindlers list” yells DoctorWhat as his streaming program automatically begins playing Episode 8 of the critically acclaimed childrens TV show “Silverhawks” Circa 1986.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

I liked the new trailer of the new cartoon. It looks a bit kiddy for my taste, but it is a kids cartoon so….:shrug:
But the designs look neat at least.

I’ll watch some Eps when I can to get an actual opinion.

Nothing can be as bad as the Netflix series.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Arquinsiel posted:

Nah, it's not even that and he points it out by showing how the different mix in the end credits has the same timings etc. The problem is he's not listening to any of the electronic music that's come out in the decades since and thinks this is unique. Plus memberberry clickbait.

From a musicians standpoint it sounds an awful lot like someone said after the music was written “ah gently caress we need to add 20 seconds to the credits on both ends” and they just did a cut to achieve that rather than have it be re-recorded.

This guy is remarkably bad at getting to his point though so gently caress him.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Knormal posted:

From his character model in Prime sure, but the actual Prime Knockout toy was so crap I'll happily take this one over it. Unlike Bulkhead and Arcee, who are a step down from their original toys. Multiple steps in Bulkhead's case.

I like this bulkhead for no other reason that he fits the general aesthetic of my “Wrecker” shelf which is now overflowing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Comfortador posted:

Well if anyone US (Michigan more specifically) finds a Slug in the wild, you'd have a friend in me! :)

I mean I imagine any one of us can just snag you one and ship it. There’s several at my Walmart. And judging by how long they stuck around I bet they are in Ollie’s now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Mine tabs together just fine and the tolerances are all tidy. My only issue is getting all the car shell bits aligned and tabbed for car mode, which with the extensive translucent plastic is a little tense.
Mines legs fall apart if I sneeze hard in the room he exists in.

I’d argue that he’s probably the wonkiest bot in his line, but nowhere as near as bad as some of the goofy poo poo we’ve seen in the past.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Knormal posted:

New upcoming figure leak:
code:
• Tra Gen Legacy EV core Nemesis Prime
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Grimlock
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Bomburst Pr (Core Energon Monster Package refresh)
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Swoop
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Starscream Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Skar
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Snarl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Shrapnel
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Prowl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Crosscut
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Deluxe Junkion 2
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Nemesis Leo
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Ramjet Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Junkion
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Voyager Bludgeon
We already got regular Ramjet, G2 Ramjet, and Desert Camo Ramjet, someone at Hasbro really likes Ramjet.

Nobody actually got regular Ramjet unless they were lucky.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I feel weird in that I like my ER Ironhide. The shield works for him even if it’s not accurate to cartoons.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Cosmos is already looking to be an eBay only item.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

An adult, I'm afraid. Source: I get excited when my grocery store has my favorite hand soap in stock.

Me screaming in a target, transformer in one hand, my favorite socks in the other.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I just found a MiB reveal the shield lugnut at a flea market, and I got a friend in England to ship me a Cosmos. Life is good.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve been thinking about what if Hasbro did an SS86 Unicron? Take the Haslab one and just scale it down by half or a third or something. We’ve seen them do resizing with the Classics seekers upscaled to ER, so it’s not outside their ken.

I’d absolutely love this. I bowed out of haslab because of cost and size.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dabir posted:

I'm watching the Kingdom series and man some of this voice acting is hosed. Optimus... fills... every sentence... with so many... dramatic... pauses... Half the characters are pretty good matches for their original voices and then there's distractingly different ones like Tigatron and dumbass bootlicker surfer bro Beast Megatron. But it's all so painfully slow, I'm watching at 1.25x and it barely ever feels sped up.

E: Tigatron and Dinobot should be playing each other's characters gdi

Oh it’s loving awful. Optimus keeps that dumb bullshit Speaking cadence throughout all 3 series and since he’s a main pov character it ruins the entire series.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I guess if you want a Peter Cullen performance you gotta pay Peter Cullen money.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Vaporware posted:

BTW if you want to jump into Diaclone, you have to be on twitter. But if you're not a native speaker it's hard to follow.

The JP fandom is hardcore and it's easy to step on toes. You probably want a diaclone only alt-account. You will never get any likes for off-topic convos. You don't reply (esp in english) unless you have something major to add to the conversation. For some reason they almost never @ anyone. A fav/like is more like an acknowledgement they saw it, esp in reply chains. Side conversations are best taken to Quote Retweets to avoid changing the tone of the original post. They get real sore about talking about KOs and reselling. customizing and spending big bux to have an army is popular. (img:they just like us FR). People generally will follow back, but mutuals are rare.

There's also a solid undercurrent of scrappy fans with like 3 official releases who make everything they can't afford themselves. suffice to say most overseas fans fit in well with this group. Lots of nanoblocks and lego creations. Plamo is popular, since many releases lately have been in the same scale. Sharing budget scale diorama items is huge and well received.

If you're intimidated by following a bunch of diaclone twittererers just to see what the latest news is, I made a group to commiserate. I havent really locked the rules down yet, so it might turn out to be a mess. My hope is it's chill like this thread, but knowing twitter lol, just lol.

https://twitter.com/i/communities/1577350075243761664

edit: v you do you

I feel that parasocial relationships on social media vis-a-vis toy robots have gotten out of hand, and this post is exhibit a-z.

BRB going to see what Thew is posting about today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I snagged a Unicron Trilogy uh… Unicron. Not MiB but complete and obviously used in display. I really dig it. It’s going to be odd for my Devastator etc tower over him, but I either “Missed out” or “Purposefully decided” not to back the haslab one depending on the state of my collector brain driven excuses are.

But overall? Happy with my purchase.

Edit: haslab too big. I wouldn’t mind a normal Titan sized unicron though.