Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

the arms on the trailer look extremely slapdash.

Different powermaster :v:

But agreed, it's pretty bad when the original toy from 1988 manages to be more coherent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

Cyclonus can be a puffin. Scourge a pelican.

I'd say Skuarge, but that would leave Cyc as the only one without a bird pun name

(unless someone else can think of a good one?)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
For the rest of my life, when I think about quantum wave/particle duality, I will think "oh like how MP Ginrai looks both amazing and wack at the same time"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's kind of weird how great Ginrai (just the cab section) looks in bot mode, though

I mean peep this friggin action figure

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know if there's anywhere else you can get Nonnef upgrade parts? I still kind of want to give Pointblank some proper elbows, but the jabroni wants a $50 minimum order to ship to Canada

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I found out yesterday that Webworld was written by Diane Duane, so that's pretty awesome. I continue to have read far less of her work than she deserves.

Picked up the Reactivate Prime and Soundwave pack from my local guy. I like Prime almost as much as I'd hoped, though I am going to give him the rifle from the Bumblebee movie Prime so he can actually hold it. (The Reactivate rifle has a tiny little handle, it's weird) Soundwave is... Soundwave is there. I like his truck mode but even then it looks like you should be able to store his weapons in the big cavities his calves leave under the car, but they don't fit.

Ive got enough differently styled Optimuses now I feel like I should put together a Council of Primes with Rodimus and Primal off in the corner smokin a dart

Phy fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 14, 2024

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Goddamnit quote is not edit

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hasbro sittin on a mint not releasing a Big loving Cadillac playset for Megatron to zap dudes from

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Last Call posted:

Sure, Megatron being in a big sinister spy car and popping up out of it to shoot is pretty cool, but is it this cool:

Prime watched Fury Road in the theater eight times and the ushers had to come in and shush him every single time

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

I am always some time behind what I want, so then I need to find someone who has a figure that's like 10 years old and out of production.

Are there any toy sites that ship to Canada, or are in Canada? Friend wants the Senator Shockwave/Orion pax set but it's so expensive to ship.

Looks like Thelastcall already got you set up, but when Amazon.ca is lacking for transformer selection (which is often) I tend to go through Agesthreeandup.ca out in Vancouver, they're a bit like a Canadian BBTS/Chosen Prime. And the guy local to me is tftoys.ca, he usually has stuff still in stock a while after the box stores and A3U sell out. There's probably one in Ontario too but I don't remember who.

Also, Showzstore ships here and has pretty decent rates compared to getting stuff in from the States.

Phy fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 19, 2024

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is it weird I don't really care about the movie? Haven't even watched the trailer. I'm just here for the toys, man.

(And even then, that's in decreasing amounts as the years go by and I finally start to comprehend that I'm chasing diminishing returns on extracting joy from consumer goods)

Should probably check out the Skybound comic at some point but I'm barely ever on my home computer any more and my phone is not ideal for visual media. They put out a TPB yet?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's also normal to maybe have your opinions on hobbies drift over time as you grow as a person and your values change, and you should be willing to revisit things and judge whether you want to keep going.

Oh yeah, no, for sure. Honestly the most fun I get out of transformers these days is messing around with the best of the stuff I already own (Kingdom Rodimus has not gone to the basement since I bought him) and shooting the poo poo with you all.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

The Animated version is the best execution of that idea, IMO.

I never got any of the animated toys (except for Purple Slug from the Secret Santa) but any robit that transforms into a more different robit is cool in my book

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

spock-looking motherfucker

You try calling him a green-blooded hobgoblin, see how far y'get

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, leader Straxus at some point.

Hope we'll still be able to turn him into a battlemech

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Finally got the new Tigerhawk, and holy crap getting their chest together in beast mode was a pain in the rear end. Between that, the odd proportions, and their groin sections getting big stress marks where they pegged into their neck fluff, I honestly would have been happy with the one from 25 years ago but with wrist swivels added to ditch the gorilla arms. I really loved the original Tigerhawk, they'd still be in my regular rotation if I hadn't busted one of the wing missile triggers.

New one still looks the business in bot mode, at least. Sucker's got some loving wingspan.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I suspect the wings are just there as robot mode wings, and they could be made to look not too conspicuous as greeble in the altmode

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I didn't realize the Concept Sunstreaker wave had a Gnaw in it!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Good Listener posted:

Is there a Gnaw ? This is pertinent information

There is! Now I have two sizes of Gnaw.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sweet! ShowZ actually did get the factory to send me an entire back panel to fix my KOMP Sunstreaker! Part of it was also broken, but in a way where I can easily discard the broken bit and still do the repair to get him 100%.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Playing with character ideas (as one does)

S1 era of Beast Wars, a Maximal moose triplechanger in the style of B'Boom or Transquito. Third mode is an air defense platform firing Surface to Air Moosiles. (The antlers are his radar!) Normally phlegmatic, doesn't do well with close confrontations.

His natural enemy is, of course, the Predacon Wild Weasel.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I caved and opened up the other Reanimate box, and yeah Thew was right, Bumblebee is really good. I love that you can still see something like the Beetle silhouette under all the postapocalyptic cruft.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, and you have like Huffer who just sort of complains a lot but the reason he does according to his profile is he suffers from depression and severe cases of homesickness. Although his entry is mean about it. "At these times he is inconsolable and of little use to the Autobots." Too much empathy for Huffer there.

Entry written by Dr Smoov's Wheeljack. "Aw, gently caress you, Huffah."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Robot Style posted:

I like that the robots that share that mold are called Huffer, Puffer, Pipes... and Road Ranger. Just a trio of guys who are constantly high and their teetotalling designated driver.

And of course its the DD who has the We Have Optimus Prime At Home paintjob

(I don't care that every single Hasbro Road Ranger has been black and orange, they are Wrong)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

Ss86 has given us some absolute bangers.

Hot Rod would probably be one of my all time favorites if Kingdom Rodimus hadn't been along that same year

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I thought the choro-q style second MP was bullshit but I don't mind in the slightest here

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

Ss86 Springer looks like they've done a fair bit of retooling on the upper body from Siege.

New head? New chest, new backplate with swivelly thingies, new shoulder armor with more swivels, possibly new forearms. Same legs, looks like similar structure inside the torso. Sword/rotor that works more like the Thrilling 30 one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Regular Wario posted:

whys steeljaw got a massive speaker

Lay it down and it's like my cat's water fountain (except gold)