Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I was wondering if rereads with analysis of the current transformers comics in recommended reading order (Death of Optimus onward) might be possible. I can't do it because I'm literature-retarded but I feel there's a ton in MTMTE that I might be missing and I want to discuss it starting from the first issue.

There's some reasons why this could be a good time. Both comics have wrapped up their first major storylines. MTMTE has revealed many of its secrets so there's a lot to see in hindsight. "I Really Like The Transfomers Movies" is done, so maybe the sequel could be "I Really Like The Transfomers Comics" and get people reading them? Or maybe some bss superstar could be roped in to reading them for the first time. I don't know, I'd like a simulreadathon but I sure as gently caress can't lead it.

Would legit love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Want a MTMTE Brainstorm so badly

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Dark Cybertron justifies itself in a single panel.

The rest of it is kind of a meandering soup and I hope everyone enjoys a second rehash of the Furman stuff! Oh boy!

What panel?

Is it Swerves ring tone?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Steve Vader posted:

Indeed. The kicker was that there was apparently a sharpshooting contest that both Optimus and Megatron were competing in, and Sureshot beat them both. Hence, the highly contested free agency. That is a story I want to see as well.

That wouldnt fit in very well with IDWverse as Megatron would never have been allowed to enter a sniper competition. He was too low class worker. If they changed it to a version where he kept winning the sniper competitions like Blurr with the speed.. could be cool.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Keldroc posted:

Or next time people demand someone demonstrate something, they could not shift gears to flat out insulting the person who subsequently demonstrates it. Disagreements are hardly uncommon in this thread, but generally we don't call each other liars.

Shifting away from this mess.......

Whats everyones favourite figure ever?

Its such a tough one to say. But the one I keep thinking of right away is Animated Rodimus. Hes definitely a figure of his time, sleek as but still almost regal looking. And he was a bitch to get.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Some great choices.

How about worst figure you bought? First Bay-movie Voyager Ironhide. Floppy as poo poo and hes too dark painted to make out any of his details. His headsculpt is also awful.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Rythe posted:

If you all had to suggest a Transformers comic series to start with, what would that be? I am a huge fan from back in the G1 days, I pretty much wore out my tape of the 80's movie and am familiar with most of the lore and basic story as the Transformers go.

Read Last Stand of the Wreckers first then jump into More Than Meets The Eye volume 1 and keep going to volume 2, 3 etc. Volume 5 is out... in 2 weeks? And it completes the first major 'season' of MTMTE. It is wonderful.

Do it. Do it now.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Rythe posted:

I am never one to turn down peer pressure, I just got a digital copy of Last Stand of the Wreckers and will keep a eye out for More Than Meets the Eye.

Good man.

There is an event that happens between Last Stand and MTMTE volume 1 but its sooo poo poo and lame, it is summed up in two paragraphs in the introduction to MTMTE. gently caress anything Mike Costa wrote.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Rythe posted:

Thanks for the recommendations to read Last Stand of the Wreckers, that was a great series and I am going to definitely have to re-read it a few times. Now it is time to start in on MTMTE.

Edit: Just sent off the e-mail for the secret Santa fun times, I am looking forward to that immensely. Now I need to spread my budget over Lego and Transformers now, such a hard problem to have.

Lego and Transformers. Ha. Good luck saving money once you find out about Transformers Kreo's.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

The little Kreo mini figures are adorable :colbert:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

The preview for the new MTMTE is up. It's...half about the guys on Cybertron. The bits about what's happening on the Lost Light seem interesting, but I would like to go on record as the first guy to complain about the art.

Dark Cybertron is just a lame Robots In Disguise event crossing over into MTMTE to get more readers and really I cant wait for March.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

SpikeMcclane posted:

Thundertron? I think he's not Cybertronian.

What was his deal? Was he in the show?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Robot zombies would loving own

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

I've been googling and looking for any good write ups about rare/unreleased/japanese exclusive Animated figures,

What are some good sites for this? I've come up with diddly-squat so far (I have the Almanacs pages).

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Kids will love it. Easy to transform and cool little details.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, you can tell it's for kids by the way they use a pack of cigarettes for the size comparison.

Oh well, money saved. I was really hoping for some decent Dinobots, though.

No. I can tell its for kids because its a Hasbro Transformers product, not some japanese $500 display piece.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Oh man imagine if Tailgate gets a new body :swoon:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

Man, Overlord, if you had just waited a little while before staging an escape. You just missed your chance there.

I dont think thats a coincidence.

MTMTE shadow play stuff. Body swapping is a huge part of this story. Between that and the DJD chasing Overlords signal to where the lost light was.. it makes me pretty excited at the idea of some poor bastard riding Megatrons shell while Overlord AND the DJD come after him.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Which body, Doctor?
Yeah, Shockwave rebuilt it, and from the solicits he is fighting Shockwave on the cover of #12

I really bet against the body swapping angle. Doesn't feel like Roberts to me.

Roberts said he has 5 seasons planned out, there is no way this is a sudden change from his plans.

Shadowplay introduced body swapping, Dark Cybertron has Rodimus' body being pretty mangled and he has the DJD story still hanging over our head. Somethings gonna happen and it's not Megatron himself, he wouldn't join the Bots.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Diet Poison posted:

I love it. I haven't read MTMTE since it started crossing over. Think they'll recap Dark Cybertron enough that I won't be completely lost when I jump back in?

Id expect a recap similar to Death of Optimus Prime/MTMTE's 'Chaos' paragraph.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Good Listener posted:

Thanks! I'll have to give these a look! It looks like they're all compiled in nice big books too so that'll make this a bit easier to track down.

If you have a tablet, there is a Transformers comic app from Comixology which has all of More Than Meets The Eye volumes (1-5 which is considered 'season one') for cheaper than buying individual issues.

Mtmte volume 1 also has the Death of Optimus Prime issue at the start so its the perfect jumping on point.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

What sort of articulation are those legs rocking?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Boy am I glad I decided to import Swerve two weeks ago. With shipping it was only $12USD more than buying at retail price. :D

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Please announce a Rodimus please announce a Rodimus please announce a Rodimus..

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Silhouette posted:

With a headswap, he'll make an excellent Generations Prime.

Ehhhh. Cover his head with your finger. Hes still poo poo.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

The Generations Armada Starscream mold with some retooling would make a pretty good Pharma from More than Meets the Eye, I think. I know it's a longshot but a mold used three times is far from unheard of and he's as major a character in the comics as Scoop, the Minicons, etc.

Speaking of MtMtE, I know there's a lot of excitement with 'Season 2' based on those cover shots...but I hope they get to some 'season one' questions quick!

Like the Necrobot's list that had Magnus, Hound, Chromedome, Drift, etc on it.

And the message apparently sent back through time with the list of things not to do. Most of them seem to have been played out, but 'Don't look in the casket' still has me scratching my head.

And when Fort Max is having flashbacks about Overlord, Overlord mentions that Aequitas is just a big decoy covering something else.

And so on.

Roberts has 5 seasons planned out. Dont expect those anytime soon.

Season 2 seems really heavy on IDW changing the status quo and I don't think it will be as good until Roberts gets back to his planned stuff.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

So Bluestreak joins the Lost Light.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

Plus, not too long ago, Brainstorm was MIGHTY interested in that green spark they found on Luna 2. He kept it and it hasn't been touched on again since.

He installed that spark into his chest and its glowing out of him and he ran away when someone noticed it

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

3 posted:

No worries, that'll buff right out.

He's been playing knifey spoony.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

That owns so much. Also pretty much makes a lot more sense now that the possibility Brainstorm himself is one of the conjunx endura's he listed off as being dead that Chromedome forgot. gently caress what if the only reason Brainstorm is keeping himself alive is for Chromedome. gently caress. I've made myself sad.

Need a Voyager Brainstorm now.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Probably using Hounds name to keep its trademark.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Why cookie Rocket posted:

My stupid hasty ill-advised pre-order is paying off!

(I made it last week when things didn't look as good because I am an impatient moron)

Preorder of that Magnus?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Yup. I read all the reviews of KFC's perceptor, then promptly said "gently caress it, he looks too cool I am powerless".

I really like him. I love how his cab folds back into his back.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

If it leaked it would be on /toy/

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Ka0 posted:

I don't think 4chan is for me.

In other news the G2 Sideswipe I ordered off some dude in Japan got lost. When I asked about where he sent it: "I don't remember".

Sounds legit.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

I totally agree there is a ridiculous double-standard, especially when any old SG-related datum sharted out by a Production Assistant for season 2 of animated gets its own drat page. The problem IMO is that there's just so much 3P stuff that you'd have the "Toy" section for some characters completely overwhelmed by 3P add-ons/versions. Can you imagine the page for Predaking if the rules were changed? And any middle group results in someone having to judge what's "good enough" to make the cut.

Speaking of 3P, I got Citizen Stack today. He's pretty cool, does exactly what it says on the box. I think the consensus is pretty accurate so I'll just say I'd be happy to answer any questions if someone wants to know something specific.

Post pics.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/982723-masterpiece-ultra-magnus-prototype.html

MP Magnus prototype.

People already complaining about his "face", when its clearly just a picture showing he has atleast 2 removable faces. gently caress the 2005 users are stupid.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

A few months back we discussed a cool idea of a Cybertron pirate crew. Then Botcon came along and killed our enthusiasm for such an idea.

But I got thinking and this crew would be ace, jumping through continuities, pillaging and looting in a dead Tidalwave flying ship. :metal:

Captain Black Rodimus, RID Stormjet, ROTF Banzaitron, Energon Scorponok and wait for it.... Cybertron Dark Scorponok. Because you see whacky hijinks.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think you meant : rock : :rock: instead of :metal: People use that word way too often so it probably has something to do with that.

Side note: if you don't have the back if your hand facing you when you make the metal horns, ur dumb and your doing it wrong. :colbert:

You caught me, I'm a filthy mobile user with bad memory.

In other news, the Transformers Comics app for iOS just got good news - it will still be, permanently, taking iTunes money for payments on comics and support in-app purchases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

MTMTE season 2 starts tomorrow and I'm still butthurt about Dai Atlas.

Man, bring on the misery! Til all are one!