Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Thrilling thirty had a bunch of comic designs just when they were getting really popular. Probably didn't do well enough for them. Give it like 10 years though. Nostalgia is king.

Cyberverse does seem mainly comics inspired though. That's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Roller isn't in a team of police vehicles.

I've seen someone elsewhere call a Defensor with four rooks as limbs a "Ferguson Prime". Rooks a cool toy and a great combiner limb and making him every limb is really fun but the disgust of calling him a protectobot is understandable given events and I can absolutely understand just not wanting to explore the character.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
20 episodes of cyberverse season 3 are out.
Much, MUCH less comics inspired. Whirl is there but he doesn't have the deep pain of the comics version... but they did make him sound a little like Ryan Reynolds. And it's funny that they call this "Bumblebee adventures" when for like half the season Bee is not in it at all and it's about Hot Rod starting to become a real commander. There's one character I strongly dislike the direction they went in. And then in the recent episodes it's like they are finally allowed to put their OCs in instead of reimagining old characters.
And even though it can be argued that they ripped of a specific movie for some of what they did this season... I love what they did with the Quintessons. It's brilliant.
This is still a great series and a great format for a Transformers show. The thrust of the series, unlike past ones, is that these robots should be friends and it's a tragedy they can't be. I'm not sure if Beast Wars or Cyberverse has the higher amount of betrayals per minute, but both kind of have... a lot.

e: also they go really on point with transformers collectors with the scientist and his collection of soundwaves

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 27, 2020

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

The_Doctor posted:

Season 3 is the last season of Cyberverse it seems, so I guess they’re churning them out. Interestingly, there’s a leaked preview pic with TARN?!

The backstory here is actually pretty great.

There's still some room at the end for like. A finale movie or something. I hope the next series uses this format, too, it's great to just have lots of Transformers show up and sometimes show up and steal the show instead of over focusing on five characters, one of which turns out to be the chosen one to stop Unicron/Megatronus at the end. So many of the characters in the show get to be fun and lovable on both sides and then it will suddenly swerve into Starscream's death cult or possession horror. But anyway, yeah, I think Cyberverse is now like ahead of Prime and Animated for me.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Nodosaur posted:

Thunderhowl is a wolf.

The toy is a pretty bad likeness to the show character who bursts in with both of his modes conspicuously elaborate and lovingly detailed wolf and robot modes. The way he barges in and talks like a dnd character and looks like one in robot mode and oh he has electric powers and a long backstory really makes him feel like a writers oc, except he's kind of just Silverbolt again.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's still loving wild that her character is named Michaela Banes.

Unrelated, is Cyberverse any good? Guessing it's not nearly as interesting as Prime. Also wondering if Rescue Bots is worth a lazy watch.

Actually ended up liking cyberverse a little better than prime. It takes a bit to get started but it draws a lot more from idw than you'd expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
The thing is

Why scorponok

They don't do that many predacons to begin with. If they have to do just season 1 characters then even terrorsaur would be more interesting.